Adding your grown kids to your account.

I'm interested in doing this for my 3 adult children. If I call the Orange County Comptroller's office, will they walk me through the process?
Start by calling DVC to get ROFR started (they will send you the paperwork). Then find the steps on here, get familiar with them, and call the comptroller if you have questions. Make sure dues and your loan are paid off (if applicable), or they won't change the deed for you.

Start by calling DVC to get ROFR started (they will send you the paperwork). Then find the steps on here, get familiar with them, and call the comptroller if you have questions. Make sure dues and your loan are paid off (if applicable), or they won't change the deed for you.
I can’t look right now but I think the forms and instructions are on the website now.

on DVC website:
Go to FAQ, then under "Managing Memberships" click "Contracts & Deeds"
then, "What is the process required to remove or add a name on my Disney Vacation Club deed, or change the title on the deed to my trust?"

A.
Your Disney Vacation Club Membership is a deeded real estate interest and requires the preparation and recordation of a new deed to change how the Membership is titled.

View Request to Change Title letter - click that link to view procedure

We would be happy to assist you preparing your new deed through a title agency.

Contact Member Administration for information on making a change to ownership on your deed at (800) 800-9800, option 2†.

more info:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/n...-names-on-dvc-contract.3537268/#post-56305227

(yup, we plan to add our adult son to one of ours)

I also have considered adding my children, each on a couple of contracts.

If you own more than one contract, once you retitle a contract won't it become a separate member number since it no longer matches all of the other contracts?

If you own more than one contract, once you retitle a contract won't it become a separate member number since it no longer matches all of the other contracts?

This is correct. I have seven contracts and in order for all 7 to be in the same account, they must be exactly the same, so everytime I added on, both my husband and my daughter had to sign after I signed (I’m the primary) just like my first contract.

Why, ROFR is already done at time of purchase? Adding someone to your deed doesn’t require ROFR.
Any change in ownership requires Disney to waive their right of first refusal. It should be quick and practically automatic, but still necessary.

Why, ROFR is already done at time of purchase? Adding someone to your deed doesn’t require ROFR.
It does require you go through the process but assuming no loan, it's automatic. You still have to have the ROFR waiver and record a new deed.

Adding them as owners on any deed also makes them responsible for paying MF in the case that we as the original owners (parents) cannot for any reason, doesn't it?

Also, with the new 75 point minimum purchase direct in order to get perks, does this have any effect on adding an adult child to a smaller contract, smaller than 75 points?
I was wondering this as well since we have a contract less than 75 points.

Ok, I had no loan!
Regardless the process for ROFR is required, just their choice for how it's done. Not that much different than other timeshares in a similar situation.

Regardless the process for ROFR is required, just their choice for how it's done. Not that much different than other timeshares in a similar situation.
When I called dvc administration today I was told the process for adding on a person has just recently changed and you no longer need to go through ROFR for gratuitous contracts

I’m wondering as well as I’m thinking of adding adult kids to my 50 point contract. Where could I find this out?

Keep in mind if all contracts are under one account this is an issue. If you have 2 separate accounts, then it’s possible. All contracts under one membership must be title exactly the same. I have 7 contracts and all are under one membership number, therefore they are all deeded exactly the same with the same owners listed. Believe me, it’s much better for me to log into my account and have access to all 7 contracts when I book.

I was wondering this as well since we have a contract less than 75 points.
The reason I'm adding my adult children on is for the AP discount .the contract I'm adding them to is only 50 points if they arent going to be eligible I may reconsider.can anyone confirm this?

The reason I'm adding my adult children on is for the AP discount .the contract I'm adding them to is only 50 points if they arent going to be eligible I may reconsider.can anyone confirm this?

If the 50 point contract was qualified for benefits, adding them to that contract should work. I would contact DVC and get it in writing. They can change the rules and benefits at anytime.

:earsboy: Bill

When I called dvc administration today I was told the process for adding on a person has just recently changed and you no longer need to go through ROFR for gratuitous contracts
That would be a change, the website still lists the other way and has the forms. Regardless, if they have stopped ROFR documentation for such a change, it's still a small change as you still have to send in the documentation of gratuitous and get a new deed. The only real difference would be that it'd save you the additional $20 recording fee on the waiver.

It should.

Right now our son lives with us, so he can get the AP discount. He has the same address.

The little bit that he might save buying a soda or water isn't worth the headache of adding him.

He inherits everything when we go, so he can worry about it then.

My father added me and my brother (30 and 29 respectfully) to his contracts after my mom passed. We’re in the process but as adults we act like adults, we don’t use points unless permission is given from my father. My dad isn’t techy so I do all the banking, borrowing and booking. I was also the one to go through the title company to change the deeds. He still pays all the money for the dues and whatnot and just lets us use points (hubby and I are cruising in November); he doesn’t want them wasted.
I don’t know what tax issues this could have, but he didn’t want any issues after he passed. Everything is split 50/50 with my brother.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter