ADR Autograph Run

TaraWasHere

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone! This is my first official post on this forum so I am sorry if I do or say anything against the rules or general knowledge.
First a quick bit of info...not our first trip, far from it. It is however the first "official" trip for our preschooler, (will be 4 when we go). She has gone twice before, but didn't really understand much in the past two trips. This year however, one thing she REALLY understands is her big sister's autograph book. She loves it, and poor Paige, who is now 18 and getting ready for college had to hide it to keep it safe! Therefore we have decided that this year the trip we will try to do an "autograph run" to try and get as many signatures as possible without to much sacrifice to my older daughter who still wants to be able to ride her favorite rides. We decided Character meals would be a good way to get the job done. I've never really done to many in the past other than Chef Mickeys, Akershus, and CRT, so trying to get a variety has been a bit of a challenge. We try to do breakfast and diner for our ADR's so that is what my focus has been on. Here is my list so far for a one week trip. I would like any info that can be provided on the variety of characters that can be met at the current selections, and any alterations, or additions that anyone may have to offer. Not all our selections are for Character meals of course, we do want some grown up dining here and there as well!

Tusker House
1900 Park Fair breakfast and Garden Grill (we are staying CL at the Floridian)
Hollywood and Vine breakfast and Sci Fi
'Ohana breakfast and California Grill
Trattoria al Forno breakfast and Storybook Dining at Artist Point
CRT breakfast and BOG QS lunch We will be doing the Halloween party that night as well!

Will we get a decent variety of autographs with this scheduled? What would you recommend we change to get a better variety of characters? (I really don't want to spend half our trip waiting in line or wasting fast passes on character meet and greets.)

Tusker you get Mickey, Goofy, Donald, Minnie? Not sure about Minnie
Garden Grill Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale
Park Fare, we got Pooh, Tigger, Mary Poppins, Alice, MadHatter
H&V you get Disney Jr - usually Sofia, I think now Vampirina, not sure who else. We havent been since they changed out the characters.
Ohana Lilo & Stitch, Mickey and Pluto - Subject to change out som characters
Trattoria is great as you get Ariel, Eric, Rapunzel, Flynn Ryder
CRT Princesses - Cinderella greets you, usually Ariel, Aurora, Jasmine, one other (we had Snow White)
Haven't done Storybook yet.
That's a pretty good mix of characters. Since you're staying at the Grand Floridian, they have Cinderella and the Prince, both stepsisters who are hilarious. (at dinner)
Not sure if they're still doing the Princess Prominade but you can check!

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...e-happening-grand-floridian-daystimes-368845/

ETA: My avatar is my granddaughters, after their visit to the Grand Floridian's Ivy Trellis, waiting in the lobby for the Park Fare dinner.

Thank you for your reply! I know the question may seem a bit silly, but it has been a very long time since our yearly trips have been character focused. There is 15 years between Mollie and her sister and for the past several years it has been all about rides, restaurants and resorts. We did a test run last year when she was just under 3 years old, but this year will be the first year back to the Character/Movie/kid focused magic. I'm excited to plan it!

Your granddaughters look Beautiful in that photo.

I have been taking my oldest grandddaughter since she was 16 months old and the youngest one since she was 20 months old. They always get the autograph books with the clear pocket on the opposite side so you can put a picture next to the character’s autograph. There are slots where we put the autograph cards and their Royal Table wishing star. They have been 4 and 5 times respectively. There is nothing they love better than getting their books out and looking at all their pictures and autographs, and seeing how much they’ve grown. They also love their pressed penny books. I have 4 autograph books from my son’s early trips and we keep them put away because they are in danger of falling apart. We love the old autographs of characters no longer there! I remember waiting in the hot sun to get all the Ninja Turtles and April O’Neil. We try to get as many autographs from character meals so we have more park time. Have fun!

Also, I was reading that you were going to the Halloween party. Be ready to get lots of cool autographs there, too. We got Jack and Sally, Moana, Mad Hatter and Alice, Tweedle Dee and Dum, Queen of Hearts, Aladdin and Jasmine, Jack Sparrow, and there are more as well. The trick or treating is so much fun, too. Check out Kenny the Pirate's site for the characters, locations, times and other tips. He also has a map of the party locations, which I had marked and we followed that schedule pretty closely; well worth the membership. He has so many other tips, too (like things you can take as a conversation starter). We went for Moana first, as that was the most important to the girls, and got there early, so we didn't wait long. We weren't as lucky with Jack Skellington, bu we waited because he was high on the priority list. After Moana we walked over to Jack Sparrow and were second in line. While we were waiting for Moana, the girls had to take a potty break (we got there early to wait for her) and on the way back they got Jasmine and Aladdin. There is also a character meal at Cape May Cafe, but it's Mickey and friends (Chef MIckey's too) which you seem to have pretty well covered.

Yes! We are going to the Halloween Party, and it will be a FIRST for us. We don't normally go in the fall months. Moana's signature is a must of course. I also heard the party is the only place to catch some of the vilians. LOL We have an 8AM Bibbity Bobbity Boutique Reservation the day of the party (which we haven't done in 7 years!) followed by breakfast at CRT. Of course there will be a nap somewhere along the day. (Thank goodness for being on the monorail loop!) The hope is to be back in the park and lining up as soon as they allow it. Getting in early isn't an issue as we will be at the Magic Kingdom that day anyway. All those characters you have mentioned is exciting! She is going to love it!

Yes! We are going to the Halloween Party, and it will be a FIRST for us. We don't normally go in the fall months. Moana's signature is a must of course. I also heard the party is the only place to catch some of the vilians. LOL We have an 8AM Bibbity Bobbity Boutique Reservation the day of the party (which we haven't done in 7 years!) followed by breakfast at CRT. Of course there will be a nap somewhere along the day. (Thank goodness for being on the monorail loop!) The hope is to be back in the park and lining up as soon as they allow it. Getting in early isn't an issue as we will be at the Magic Kingdom that day anyway. All those characters you have mentioned is exciting! She is going to love it!
Since you are going to be in the park anyway you can get into the park at any time. If you look on the attractions and strategies board you can see the MNSSHP thread. It will tell you all the locations to get your wristband if you’re already in the park. They just chase everyone who is not going to the party out when it’s time for the party to begin. Another good thing about being at the Grand Floridian is you go through security at the resort so you don’t have to get into the line at the Magic Kingdom.

Yes! Big plus with security being at the resort. Our trips for the past 7 years have been much more grown up centered, so this is a crazy adjustment. It's been a long time since we have given the characters much thought while touring. I do plan on doing a couple of meet and greets, (Anna and Elsa, Merida, and of course Baymax.) but I am really hoping to keep most of the autograph collecting to the restaurants. It's our first Halloween party, and I would rather watch the shows and ride the rides than wait to meet characters.

Yes, we try to get as many characters as we can from the dinners. You have to eat somewhere, and it kills 2 birds with 1 stone. (In most cases, the food's not bad either). We always did the BBB followed by lunch at the Royal Table until this year when we decided to do the Ivy Trellis and Park Fare. Afterwards, we went to MK where we met Mickey, Tinkerbell, went to Enchanted tales with Belle, met Tiana/Cinderella, Rapunzel/Elena rode the little Mermaid, and watched the fireworks, We had another park day for rides, as well as MNSSHP. That was our full on princess day. It's great they have so many options to meet characters while dining.

Everything you just wrote reminds me just how fun Disney is with little girls. (boys too I'm sure, but I don't have any experience with that.)

Thank You! Molli is a big Daisy Duck fan because of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse of course. That is a MUST nab Autograph.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter