ADR - Hard to Get and Opposite Times?

TinkSassy

DIS Veteran
I haven't traveled to WDW with ADRs in 4-5 years. We are looking at the following - wondering if they are still hard to get (one I know for sure is)

BoG - Dinner
Ohana - Breakfast
Akershus - Breakfast (?)
Rose and Crown - Dinner (Illuminations timing)

Also, people used to book 2 or 3 dinners per day this far out. I hadn't done that in the past but as the park hours are not even out yet I am thinking that may be helpful (especially with the ones that are difficult). I have 2 tentative plans that I'm working with now. I had seen somewhere that Disney was going to shut down this practice and not let you have 2 meals booked for the same day/time. Has this happened?

I had my choice of BOG dinner and Ohana breakfast/dinner, for a 2-night on property stay so my 180 was not strong. Others report it being really tough. Depends on time of year and the dates of your trip and how specific you want timing. If you want 'Ohana PPO, that is harder than the 9:30 slot, certainly. If you want BOG at 6, that's harder than a 4:55 or an 8PM.

R&C for Illuminations is hard, and you may not get patio seating.

The reservations system for on-property (i.e., tied to your MDE with the resort stay) won't allow overlapping ADRs. That's shut down. You can try to make extra MDEs, but they will get straight 180, no resort benefit.

This is helpful thank you! R&C is my number one I always try for a seating about an hour to hour and a half before the show so I can afford to "wait" for a patio table. They usually accommodate if I can be patient.

Yes, all are still difficult and should be booked as soon as you can. Tables do open up later on but that requires stalking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!