ADR strategy when parks close earlier

Iowamomof4

DIS Veteran
We're looking at going to wdw in late January/early February. I know the parks often aren't open as late during this time of year, so what sort of strategy do you typically employ for eating? Should we look for dinner reservations AFTER the parks close? Or maybe we should aim to have more reservations for lunch so we aren't cutting into those last few hours of park time each evening?

Just wondered what you usually do. Oh, we'll be a party of 2 adults and 2 tweens (10 and 12 years old) on this trip, so no naps or early bedtimes to worry about. Thanks!

We eat lunch on the fly with no ADRs in general and sit down somewhere between 5:00 and 7:00 PM for dinner. We dedicate about 2 hours to transport and eating. Breakfast is normally Continental style and eaten at the hotel. Works well for us:).

WE also leave lunch open and grab CS when we are hungry. Meals are booked around 7 PM. We used to book at least one PPO breakfast in a park, and sometimes still do. Most days we have a quick CS breakfast or use snack credits in a park.

WE do book meals every night, and used to Alan at least one night in DTD. We are not fond of DS so I doubt we woudl spend an evening there, but I would suggest that as one way to have a nice eveing after park close. Or hit the Boardwalks for dinner and then go to Jellyrolls after strolling. That area is nice as well.

WE also leave lunch open and grab CS when we are hungry. Meals are booked around 7 PM. We used to book at least one PPO breakfast in a park, and sometimes still do. Most days we have a quick CS breakfast or use snack credits in a park.

WE do book meals every night, and used to Alan at least one night in DTD. We are not fond of DS so I doubt we woudl spend an evening there, but I would suggest that as one way to have a nice eveing after park close. Or hit the Boardwalks for dinner and then go to Jellyrolls after strolling. That area is nice as well.

Jelly rolls is over 21 only.
We now do morning to mid-late afternoon, a bit of a break and a later TS dinner

When the kids were younger we did late February / early March and park hours were shorter. We did lunch ADRs instead of midday pool breaks and skipped dinner ADRs. It worked really well for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter