ADR's and lateness

AnOtHeRdIsNeYfReAk

Self-Proclaimed Super Genius
So I just realized that my fastpass for Festival of the Lion King for 1130 actually is for the 12-12:30 show. We have a reservation for the River of Lights lunch at the Tusker House for 1230. I know they are close, but we'd still be a few minutes late. Is there a bit of leeway with times? I'm wondering if we should cancel it.

So I just realized that my fastpass for Festival of the Lion King for 1130 actually is for the 12-12:30 show. We have a reservation for the River of Lights lunch at the Tusker House for 1230. I know they are close, but we'd still be a few minutes late. Is there a bit of leeway with times? I'm wondering if we should cancel it.
Yes here is leeway. I was told when I called to let restaurant know we'd be late that the restaurants don't even update the no shows until end of night anyway.

Enjoy the show!

Don't cancel, you'll be fine...
When you check in after your show, just apologize nicely and explain why you were late. At most you would be 15 minutes past your ADR time. Disney does not "reserve" tables like other restaurants. They simply do some kind of higher math of seating and put you in the next available seat that fits your party size after you check in. So your table is not sitting there idle while awaiting your presence.
Btw, enjoy the show, it's my favorite of all of WDW!

One time we had this happen to us and we went to the restaurant in advance and let them know we would be late. You will be fine.

I, personally, would not be late.

I would not knowingly over-schedule myself and make myself late.

But to each their own.

You are steps away from the restaurant. It will take a few minutes to clear the show, but you'll be fine.

I never plan to be late for an ADR as I consider that to be rude (I know others disagree and so no need to comment on that). That said, please make sure you sit as close as possible to the exit that will get you to the restaurant as soon as possible when the show lets out. This way it will minimize how late you actually are for your ADR. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter