ADRs for Large Party?

Kbosch

Mouseketeer
We make our ADRs next week and will be a party of 8. I see a lot of posts about people splitting their reservations in to two tables. Will it be super hard to book a table for 8? Thanks!

Here’s where we have eaten with a group size of 8-12 over the last few years. We have never had to make 2 reservations. We have also always been seated together at these places, even though there is a disclaimer that your party could be split up.

-Akershus (twice)
-Crystal Palace
-1900PF breakfast
-1900PF dinner
-Via Napoli
-BOG dinner
-CRT
-Boathouse
-Ohana breakfast
-Hollywood and Vine
-Boma

It shouldn't be too hard. Booking 180 days out with our group of 8 over this past Christmas break, we were able to get all the character meals, CRT, etc. we wanted. We never had to split up, especially if you are flexible on the times.

We are a party of 10. I was able to book all our ADRs at 180 days. We are going the second week in May. A couple of them required a call, but they were able to accommodate us. I have been able to make adjustments/changes even with such a large group. The only problem I had was changing Morimotos from dinner to lunch. I could see the availability online but could not book more than 6 people. When I called the cast member was not able to do it either...even though we both could see there was availability. She tried a variety of ways. So I booked the party of 6 via Disney and then went to opentable and booked the party of 4, problem solved. We may not get to all sit together but for one meal I think we can manage that. It’s toward the end of the trip so that may be preferred by that point! :tongue:

The splitting up of tables is often a solution when you are booking after your reservation window opens; for popular venues like BOG, CRT, Storybook Dining, etc, and smaller eateries like Beaches and Cream. Keep in mind that QS meals served at BOG have open seating so even if one group is booked for say 2 and the other for 6 you can all sit together.

The splitting up of tables is often a solution when you are booking after your reservation window opens; for popular venues like BOG, CRT, Storybook Dining, etc, and smaller eateries like Beaches and Cream. Keep in mind that QS meals served at BOG have open seating so even if one group is booked for say 2 and the other for 6 you can all sit together.

This.

Also, I’ve never had an issue booking my party of 7-8 at 180 days, for a point of reference.

Only once did we travel with a party of 12.. we had maybe ~3 ADRs and sat together each time. I think they just cover their bases by noting you may not sit together....

I have needed to get 2 reservations for seating a party of 10 at both Yak & Yeti and Hollywood & Vine. I'm lazy, so I had my travel agent do it for me.

For 8 people, I've been able to do one reservation for CRT, Biergarten and 'Ohana.

We are a party of 8 for our upcoming trip. The only ADR we could not get for 8 was at Yak & Yeti (we called the restaurant and they said they would not sit a party of 8). There were also a couple of restaurants that had no availability for parties of 8 during busy dining times. As long as you go in with a game plan and have a backup plan just in case you will have no problem getting ADRs for 8, it just may not be exactly where you want or when you want.

Don't worry, you shouldn't have a problem booking for 8. We did an entire week of reservations for 9 (a first for us who usually has only 4 or 5) at 180 days for our trip in June and had no issues. We were able to get everything we wanted together with the exception of Garden Grill and Sanaa. We split those two reservations up into two parties and got the exact same times or within 5 minutes of each other for both reservations. When we get there we will ask and see if there is a long wait to sit together vs apart and decide at that time if we want to wait or not. My guess is it will be just fine to sit apart for two meals to save some park time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter