Adult Exclusive- Backstage Magic Trip Report

Thanks for this trip report. My husband and I are going to use the money we normally spend on each other at Christmas and put it towards a down payment on a trip. He wants another U.S. based ABD (despite my ever-growing list of trips), and I think we both would enjoy this one. We haven't been to DL since 2001.

I totally understand! My husband really has little interest in traveling abroad. We are going to Paris in March for our 10th anniversary, so, he will go, but just not very interested in it. I love the idea of using money you'd spend on gifts towards something that can make memories. I always say that we have enough 'stuff' :-) You definitely can't go wrong with this trip, especially if you enjoy Disney. It was awesome.

Sorry, it was a bit 'wordy', I tend to ramble :-)

I agree with you about the “cocktail party” dinner in the Disneyland Hotel suite. I thought the location was fabulous, but the food definitely was not, IMO. It’s too bad that, due to time constraints, the tour stopped going to Steakhouse 55 for that meal.

Loved your report and I am TOTALLY stealing your idea of doing this when Star Wars Land opens. You are a genius!

"Oh, and if anyone has any ideas on what to do with all of the pins you receive from ABDs I'd LOVE to hear them. I hate to leave them sitting in my jewelry box."

I've bought shadow boxes at Michael's for all my pins. I use spray adhesive to mount black velvet onto a piece of foam core. I arrange the pins and shove them into the foam. That goes into the frame, and it's a very attractive way to display your pins. I love those daily pins!

Oh, and if anyone has any ideas on what to do with all of the pins you receive from ABDs I'd LOVE to hear them. I hate to leave them sitting in my jewelry box.
I saw someone who took a family photo from the trip, blew it up to like 11x14, mounted it on foam board, then stuck the pins into the sky, etc, in the photo. A really creative way to display the pins! (Not that I've taken the time to do anything like that yet! I have mine still on the lanyards, hanging from one of those hook things that go over the back of a door.)

20171213_193956_1513212998477_1513213276706.jpg

Sayhello

Last edited:
I agree with you about the “cocktail party” dinner in the Disneyland Hotel suite. I thought the location was fabulous, but the food definitely was not, IMO. It’s too bad that, due to time constraints, the tour stopped going to Steakhouse 55 for that meal.

Oh good, so it wasn't just me. I thought the location was great, but the food, meh.

I saw someone who took a family photo from the trip, blew it up to like 11x14, mounted it on foam board, then stuck the pins into the sky, etc, in the photo. A really creative way to display the pins! (Not that I've taken the time to do anything like that yet! I have mine still on the lanyards, hanging from one of those hook things that go over the back of a door.)

View attachment 288503

Sayhello

That is a really cute idea! I may have to *try* to attempt something like that. Just have to find a good pic and get it printed. I like your lanyard collection. I'm actually using my lanyard for work. It replaced my lanyard from my last Disney cruise in 2015 :-)

did you get to go into the 1901 lounge in DCA? i know that the club 33 members complained so no more club 33 was just wondering about the lounge though. and also did you get into the dream suite?

did you get to go into the 1901 lounge in DCA? i know that the club 33 members complained so no more club 33 was just wondering about the lounge though. and also did you get into the dream suite?

No, we didn’t get into either the 1901 lounge or the dream suite

I just now read your great Trip report. All but the White Elephant exchange were just as my trip in April 2017. Same as you, I was hooked on ABD.
Michael and Dean MADE this trip!

Our group went into the 1901 lounge, very nice!
I got to see the dream suite on the 'Walk in Walts footsteps' tour in 2016.
Highly recommended tour!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!