Adult only restaurants

It's Disney. If you want kid-free, go somewhere else.

The perk of Disney was pushing my stroller full of sleeping kids into a bar while DH and I enjoy a nightcap (at 8pm lol).
My kids are now too old for strollers, so now we rely on DCL kids clubs for quiet nightcaps. Lol

When we wanted adults-only, we went to Paris.
There's no need to be snarky. The OP asked a valid question. They didn't say they wanted a kid-free Disney World. Simply a kid-free meal. its not an unusual question.

OP, your best bet are the restaurants at the Swan/Dolphin. Shula's, Bluezoo etc.

Other than V&A, which was already mentioned as the only adults only dining, you will find quieter/calmer (i.e. fewer young kids running around) dining at most signatures and with a later ADR even better. I think most people who know their kids will struggle with sitting through a long meal avoid signatures for that reason (not a negative comment, just an observation). On the flip side, if you want total chaos and loudness then most character meals will fit that bill nicely.

I noticed more families w/ children at Yachtsman when we ate there which might be due to it's proximity to BC/YC and it's child friendly pool. .
I always found Yachtsman's surprisingly loud, and yes very family oriented, always with lot's of kids. But I've experience that at Le Cellier as well. The rule, eating anywhere at 9pm does tend to cut down some of the mayhem.

Lol, this made me laugh, we had night owls but then, they knew how to behave.

Ours are both nightowls and know how to behave. DH spent a decade living in France AND is Southern, 2 cultures that mean business about manners. Daddy don't play if they misbehave in public and the kids know it; he will straight take them out of any restaurant and Target, etc. Also, we take the kids out a lot...probably too much, but they love it, and we only have 50% custody, so we tend to probably indulge them more. The third time I met his kids we had to go to Target and he literally fireman carried his daughter out for bad behavior.

OTOH, if I got the babies up before they were ready for a super early character meal it would likely be a terrible poopshow...and that could be DH or the kids.

Ours are both nightowls and know how to behave. DH spent a decade living in France AND is Southern, 2 cultures that mean business about manners. Daddy don't play if they misbehave in public and the kids know it; he will straight take them out of any restaurant and Target, etc. Also, we take the kids out a lot...probably too much, but they love it, and we only have 50% custody, so we tend to probably indulge them more. The third time I met his kids we had to go to Target and he literally fireman carried his daughter out for bad behavior.

OTOH, if I got the babies up before they were ready for a super early character meal it would likely be a terrible poopshow...and that could be DH or the kids.

I'm French, raised mine just as I was raised.
I'm not of French descent but the ex is and we lived in Central Europe for many years. The kiddos were fortunate that my upbringing and their dad's were in agreement on how they should comport themselves at the dining room table, at home, with friends and relatives, and, at restaurants.
The code phrase for losing their wittle minds was: "Is the moon full tonight?". Allowed them to readjust whatever they were doing that they shouldn't.
And why that you might ask? 'Cuz I frequently asked them if they were part of a pack of wild ravening wolves. Their response would be to howl (literally) and giggle. Sigh. Mama said there'd be days like this....

Last edited:
We were there over Labor Day weekend and ate at The Edison around 7pm and I don't remember seeing a single kid. Of course I didn't walk the restaurant looking for them but don't remember seeing any while we were there. Also had drinks at Wine Bar George - I think they have a limited menu - and I don't remember any kids there either.

When Monsiour Paul first opened they did not have a children’s menu. That didn’t last more than a few weeks.

DH and I have been traveling without children since 2002. We mostly eat signature.

We get questioned a lot about our frequent Disney trips. My laughing response is Disney World is a wonderful place that people waste on children

It's Disney. If you want kid-free, go somewhere else.

The perk of Disney was pushing my stroller full of sleeping kids into a bar while DH and I enjoy a nightcap (at 8pm lol).
My kids are now too old for strollers, so now we rely on DCL kids clubs for quiet nightcaps. Lol

When we wanted adults-only, we went to Paris.

Wow, that's a bit rude. The OP was simply asking if there weere any kid free meals in WDW, not if kids could be banned from restaurants. I feel that is an entirely reasonable question, and since Disney actively promotes adults activities, it is not a leap to look for some adults only areas. DIsney cruise line has recognized that even parents want to enjoy an experience that does not include children, and I have often wondered why that mindset does nto stretch to WDW>

We were at Be our Guest for an early dinner yesterday. Seated in the west wing. We were having such a fabulous time we could not tell you who else was with us in the room :)

Sure felt like a date for us!

I know that the OP was asking about child-free restaurants, but I think there is a much bigger point to be made. DH and I usually do TS for both lunch and dinner while we are in the parks as a way to take a much needed, air-conditioned break. From our viewpoint, the problem isn't that children are allowed in the TS restaurants but rather that there are too many parents who don't control their kids. Children shouldn't be running around, standing on chairs or throwing things as this is not only disruptive to others but also a safety issue. Children should not be yelling, screaming or causing a disturbance to others (of course this also applies to adults). Restaurants are a place for "inside voices" and sitting still. Just because it's Disney doesn't mean that parents should allow their children to do whatever they want. I want to thank parents who raise their kids to be respectful and who were taught how to behave in public. I also want to thank parents who know when it's time to remove their child when their behavior becomes disruptive. I wish that CMs were empowered to deal directly with disrespectful and disruptive patrons of all ages including asking them to leave if the situation doesn't change. It would mean far more enjoyable meals for so many people.

Also, if you want to laugh, one of the worst if not the worst behaviors I've ever seen at a Disney restaurant that made me very uncomfortable was an incredibly rude older gentleman having a meltdown at the kid-free Victoria and Albert's in the main dining room!

That's right, despite my apprehension of always wondering if I will ever experience wild and unruly children at my meals, it has always been adults who crossed the line over the years here and there when I've dined, believe it or not.

This man was with his family and was incensed at everything at V & A's. He hated they had the prepared menus of the multiple courses and complained loudly and angrily about it and demanded a regular menu. He was horrible the whole meal and because it is such a quiet, serene atmosphere there with so few tables, you couldn't help but hear him. He clearly had no idea about what kind of dining experience it was and was outraged over everything.

Also, if you want to laugh, one of the worst if not the worst behaviors I've ever seen at a Disney restaurant that made me very uncomfortable was an incredibly rude older gentleman having a meltdown at the kid-free Victoria and Albert's in the main dining room!

That's right, despite my apprehension of always wondering if I will ever experience wild and unruly children at my meals, it has always been adults who crossed the line over the years here and there when I've dined, believe it or not.

This man was with his family and was incensed at everything at V & A's. He hated they had the prepared menus of the multiple courses and complained loudly and angrily about it and demanded a regular menu. He was horrible the whole meal and because it is such a quiet, serene atmosphere there with so few tables, you couldn't help but hear him. He clearly had no idea about what kind of dining experience it was and was outraged over everything.

Disney should have requested that he leave. There is no point in him staying if he hated the experience and unacceptable that he ruin the high priced meals for others.

Last edited:
I'm curious about the lounges - are kids welcome in all of them? I think in California there are laws about kids certain kind of establishments - maybe it's just that they can't sit at the bar.

We brought our kids to Geyser Point, but I didn't feel comfortable bringing them into Territory Lounge. It was a nice adult respite, but I'm sure people do bring kids. We dined at Artist Point and Narcoossees (both before 7pm) with the kids and we felt more than welcome. The servers do a good job catering to them and keeping them happy (bringing their entrees during our salad courses and what not). We also didn't see any kids running around like wild people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter