Adults wearing swim shirts?

Tigger in a kilt

DIS Veteran
How common is it to see adults wearing swim shirts in the water parks and hotel pools in Florida?

Being Scottish, we aren’t used to the sun 8-). My husband is very pale, and also has a mild rash (side effect of medication, not contagious!) on his back that he is ridiculously paranoid about, even though nobody but me would be close enough to notice it. I suggested a swim shirt or rash guard as a way of stopping him burning and also keeping his back covered, but he is worried that he would be the only adult wearing one. Thanks.

I’m a pale blue Scot myself but people on holiday generally don’t care what other people are wearing so a rash guard wouldn’t raise any eyebrows. If anyone said anything simply say he’s prone to burning.

we live in a hot climate and all of us ALWAYS wear rash guards/swim shirts.....both at home and when swimming at WDW...
all of us do....
toddlers, their parents, their aunt and uncle, me (their grandmother) and their grandfather..

when you swim in a place like florida, you're really playing with fire if you don't wear a rash guard against the sun..
and keep in mind that you also need to wear sunscreen under the shirt...the shirt itself is not fullproof protection against UV rays...

and again, we live in a hot very sunny climate on the Mediterranean.....all of us always wear rash guards when at the beach and the pool...
and at the beach, the only people not wearing rash guards are the stupid hot chicks in their pretty much naked bikinis..
everyone else, including all the hot looking young men, are in rash guards...
you're nuts if you don't wear one....that sun will burn you in the blink of an eye, not to mention the very real skin cancer danger from the strong rays in tropical climates...

To be honest I've never noticed what other people is wearing. I do have a swim shirt myself that I wear sometimes to protect myself from the sun if I've already started to burn.

Both my husband and two sons wear rash vests/swim shirts at water parks. They're all fair skinned and wouldn't risk going without, can't say I've noticed what other people wear.

TONS of adults wear rashguards and swim shirts. It's very "in" from a stylish point of view. They come in all kinds of colors and prints.

I wear either a short sleeve or longsleeve rashguard at all times in FL. I am fair skinned and burn easily.

Tons of people will have them on. I have a husband and 3 boys and they all wear them. My husband is very pale and burns easily, and then my kids just like them, and one of them doesn't like the feel of sand, etc. on his skin.

My husband is a redhead and I'm fairly sure his back would burn in the moonlight given a chance! He always wears a rash vest swimming when we're at Disney, there are some great rash vests which are more of a lose t-shirt fit which are really good in the humidity!

Everyone in my family wears a swim shirt. I get them for my husband from lands end. They usually have % off deals and good end of the season sales.

i also order all of ours from Lands End....for the entire family.....
DH wears a polo style rash guard....the two 30 year olds guys wear more of a t-shirt style...
DD, DDIL and i wear the pretty ones made for women.....(they even have plus size for me)..

i order from lands end and have it delivered to the disney resort..

That's DS and me at the Cabana Bay Beach pool
I wear a T-Shirt (plain Hanes brand, $5 at walmart) even when the sun is down. Basically, I'm fat, and I rather wear a T-shirt than expose my *excess bagage*

GkEqcf.jpg

we used to wear t-shirts, but found that we were cold once they were wet - and they're kind of heavy and don't dry that fast..

The rash guards/swim shirts are built for swimming - they dry quickly and because they're more lightweight, they're not as cold when they're wet.

How common is it to see adults wearing swim shirts in the water parks and hotel pools in Florida?

Being Scottish, we aren’t used to the sun 8-). My husband is very pale, and also has a mild rash (side effect of medication, not contagious!) on his back that he is ridiculously paranoid about, even though nobody but me would be close enough to notice it. I suggested a swim shirt or rash guard as a way of stopping him burning and also keeping his back covered, but he is worried that he would be the only adult wearing one. Thanks.
We lived in Australia and wore rash guards always--we also go to Florida lots and wearing a rash guard is important from a sun safety and convinience standpoint. Definitely reassure him that not only is it smart sun wise, but also fashion wise--no one in Orlando will look twice at him wearing a rash gaurd--you will see plenty of others of all ages--also, being that your are from the UK, enjoy the standard casual outfit most everyone will be wearing in Florida: shorts, T-shirt and sneakers or flip-flops! It is the best!!!
P.s. Dont forget to put suncream on the tops of your feet, it can be a spot many forget!

Rash guards look cool now. I have Scottish blood and wore one after the last time I got sun burnt and didn’t want to risk without it. No one bats an eye. My favourite thing about the Disney water parks I how relaxed everyone is and there’s no judgement.

But as I said Rash guards are cool now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts