Advantages of Buying DVC Resale | DVC Show | 3/1/19

You are making me more and more want to sign up. One question I have, if I by 75 points trough Disney, and then however many more I need via Resale (for this question, lets say another 75), would I be able to use all of my points at any DVC resort including the 2 new / future ones or just the 14 current ones? Thanks!

Very excited to listen to this! I have considered resale in the past, especially to get a resort of choice. I am excited to learn more about this topic.

You are making me more and more want to sign up. One question I have, if I by 75 points trough Disney, and then however many more I need via Resale (for this question, lets say another 75), would I be able to use all of my points at any DVC resort including the 2 new / future ones or just the 14 current ones? Thanks!
Only the 75 points bought direct from Disney can be used at the new/future DVC locations.

Enjoying listening! I already own but this is nice positive reinforcement :)
Will these shows be every Friday?
I have a suggestion for a future episode - the financial 'reality' of ownership. You are agreeing to pay for much more than those points.

I've been listening just for general Disney knowledge even though we will never buy in. It's way too expensive, even buying resale, compared to what we spend for our trips. But I'm enjoying the conversation.

I totally agree with how enjoyable doing the DVC tour is. We did it a few years ago and it was a wonderful experience. Completely different than the horrendous experience we had doing the Marriott timeshare presentation.

Yes . . . If they are both at the same home resort, yes for 11 months on. BUT if they are at different resorts, you can combine them only at the 7 month mark. If they are at the same resort and have different use Year months, you just have to make sure the points will be reallocated for the date you want to reserve.

I've been listening just for general Disney knowledge even though we will never buy in. It's way too expensive, even buying resale, compared to what we spend for our trips. But I'm enjoying the conversation.

I totally agree with how enjoyable doing the DVC tour is. We did it a few years ago and it was a wonderful experience. Completely different than the horrendous experience we had doing the Marriott timeshare presentation.

Feel the same way Steve, the conversation is fascinating, it's like eavesdropping on people in an exclusive club! I just highly have no interest, at all, about DVC. However, the conversation and the passion behind those who are in is awesome!

When Pete was saying how he never books 11 months out, and in fact rarely books 7 months out, etc, was anyone else thinking that DVC is maybe not a good fit for someone like that?

When Pete was saying how he never books 11 months out, and in fact rarely books 7 months out, etc, was anyone else thinking that DVC is maybe not a good fit for someone like that?
There is still usually some availability under 7 months tho. I think it depends on the person. Someone who lives in Florida like Pete isn’t likely to ever book more than 7 months out unless for something specific. However They could use those points then for Disneyland or Aulani. I’d guess those trips are planned a little further out.

Hi @WebmasterJackie - I wonder if you guys would consider doing a podcast on renting DVC points? I saw that this was suggested a couple of years ago but not sure if anything happened? I am looking at WDW holidays for 2020 and the prices seemed to have jump extraordinarily by around £2k/$2,600 therefore I am looking into possible cheaper alternatives, such as renting DVC points. I have done some reading around this but it still seems super complicated so any help from Pete and the team would be appreciated! :thanks:

Hi @WebmasterJackie - I wonder if you guys would consider doing a podcast on renting DVC points? I saw that this was suggested a couple of years ago but not sure if anything happened? I am looking at WDW holidays for 2020 and the prices seemed to have jump extraordinarily by around £2k/$2,600 therefore I am looking into possible cheaper alternatives, such as renting DVC points. I have done some reading around this but it still seems super complicated so any help from Pete and the team would be appreciated! :thanks:
I will definitely pass along the suggestion as I know that topic will help out a lot of folks. :goodvibes

There is still usually some availability under 7 months tho. I think it depends on the person. Someone who lives in Florida like Pete isn’t likely to ever book more than 7 months out unless for something specific. However They could use those points then for Disneyland or Aulani. I’d guess those trips are planned a little further out.

He'll learn to book 11 months out soon enough. :D Or at least more than 7 months. Otherwise, there's no point in owning at the different resorts.

What I'd do if I were local and had similar usage patterns is book SOMETHING at 11 months (or at least >7 months) and then modify it as plans firm up. Worst case, it's easy to rent out a confirmed studio at CCV, for instance.

EDIT: As an example, book a few nights at the beach club for new years at the end of next January. That's always a very popular time. That way it's there to use if you want it.

It's good information. In our situation, unless the contracts that are expiring in ~20 years drives a lower cost, I'm finding it hard to find a purchase point for us. Since we are local to WDW, it's even harder to justify the commitment to staying onsite (given the current perks) as the AP offers enough incentive. Vero Beach and Hilton Head aren't drivers for a decision. But, Aulani does have some appeal. There is no anxiety to commit as we have time working for us in terms of a wait-and-see approach.

The tour we were given at SSR was outstanding and there was no pressure to sign; they armed us with plenty of information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!