Advice need to get to an early character breakfast

TravelMama

Earning My Ears
Hi all!
My son and I have a 7:45 ADR for the character breakfast at Disney's Beach Club. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside. What's the best way to get there on time if we don't have a car? If taxis are an option, any idea what it would cost? Thanks.

Be at the bus stop at 6:30. Take the bus to Studios and ask the driver if he can drop you off. If for some reason he can't, then get on the yacht/beach bus at Studios (yes, in the morning they do have buses to the EPCOT resorts from Studios).

Worst case, you can then walk to the Beach Club from Studios.

Taxi and Uber/Lyft are Non disney options as well.

Be at the bus stop at 6:30. Take the bus to Studios and ask the driver if he can drop you off. If for some reason he can't, then get on the yacht/beach bus at Studios (yes, in the morning they do have buses to the EPCOT resorts from Studios).

No offense but I wouldn't even consider the bus. Just take an Uber

I have seen taxis early in the morning at POFQ waiting in the lot across from the bus area. If you decide to go that route talk with the concierge the day before to see if you need to order one or if it will be easy to get one in the am.

It will be easy to get a taxi at any time of day from any WDW resort. On the off-chance there are none waiting, Bell Services/Luggage Assistance can get one quickly.

No offense but I wouldn't even consider the bus. Just take an Uber

Not everyone has had what you say you experienced with the WDW bus service. People complained all the time when I was driving but most who used us would beg to differ with those who complained. In the morning, most drivers were very accommodating to breakfast guests, after all, that's the guests we were catering to at 6:30am. While I have been away from driving for a few years, breakfast buses have not changed.

I agree that Uber, Lyft or a taxi is usually a faster, more direct way to get to a resort breakfast but it is also the most expensive way to get there.

Not everyone has had what you say you experienced with the WDW bus service. People complained all the time when I was driving but most who used us would beg to differ with those who complained. In the morning, most drivers were very accommodating to breakfast guests, after all, that's the guests we were catering to at 6:30am. While I have been away from driving for a few years, breakfast buses have not changed.

I agree that Uber, Lyft or a taxi is usually a faster, more direct way to get to a resort breakfast but it is also the most expensive way to get there.

I didn't say I had any problems with the bus service. I take it all the time. But to me it is crazy to try to take potentially 2 buses before 7:45 AM just to save $10. Even in the best case that nothing goes wrong, that is a waste of an hour very early in the morning.

I also disagree with this part. It will be extremely difficult to get a bus from HS to BCV before 7am.

There are ample buses staged at each park for breakfast runs in the morning, so no, it won't be difficult to get a bus at studios before 7am. Just like it's not difficult to get a bus at MK, EPCOT or AK at 7am. Buses are staged at CBR/POP, All Stars, DTD and POR in the morning as well.

The OP asked what was the best way to get to breakfast at the BC from POR. I gave all the options to get there including detailed instructions if Disney Transport were to be used. The OP now is informed so they can make the decision best to them.

There are ample buses staged at each park for breakfast runs in the morning, so no, it won't be difficult to get a bus at studios before 7am. Just like it's not difficult to get a bus at MK, EPCOT or AK at 7am. Buses are staged at CBR/POP, All Stars, DTD and POR in the morning as well.

The OP asked what was the best way to get to breakfast at the BC from POR. I gave all the options to get there including detailed instructions if Disney Transport were to be used. The OP now is informed so they can make the decision best to them.

Yes, they asked for the best way. And sorry, but there is no way the best way is taking 2 buses starting at 6:30am. I doubt you will find a single other person on the DIS boards that would choose to do this.

Anyway, I wasn't looking to argue over it, I was just trying to answer the OP's question.

"Best" way is a matter of opinion...

If you are looking from a budget perspective, then the bus options presented will be the "best" way...

If you are looking to save time, then Uber (or a more-expensive taxi) would be the "best" way...

Personally, I would use Uber because it is much easier to determine the time needed. Using a bus and accounting for at least one "connection" opens up more room for delays. When they say that you should allow 90 minutes for resort to resort transportation using buses, they are not kidding. Yes, it may only take 45 minutes, but it could also take well over an hour. Do you want to risk being late? Do you want to get up and leave extra early and have plenty of time to kill if you arrive on time? If you are OK with that, then there is nothing wrong with using the Disney buses.

If you want to try Uber, use the code RIDIN30 and it will give you your first ride FREE (up to $30 value) and it expires 12/31/2015 (I think....I already used mine).

"Best" way is a matter of opinion...

If you are looking from a budget perspective, then the bus options presented will be the "best" way...

If you are looking to save time, then Uber (or a more-expensive taxi) would be the "best" way...

Personally, I would use Uber because it is much easier to determine the time needed. Using a bus and accounting for at least one "connection" opens up more room for delays. When they say that you should allow 90 minutes for resort to resort transportation using buses, they are not kidding. Yes, it may only take 45 minutes, but it could also take well over an hour. Do you want to risk being late? Do you want to get up and leave extra early and have plenty of time to kill if you arrive on time? If you are OK with that, then there is nothing wrong with using the Disney buses.

If you want to try Uber, use the code RIDIN30 and it will give you your first ride FREE (up to $30 value) and it expires 12/31/2015 (I think....I already used mine).

Even from a budget perspective, the bus isn't the best way IMO. Time is money. Wasting an hour at 6:30am is simply not worth $10 on a $5,000 vacation.

Last edited:
Is this something fairly recent? (I'm thinking like in the past 2-3 years.) For a long time, getting *from* a park *to* a resort in the morning was a difficult proposition, precisely because of the way the bus system worked, where even arriving buses would often depart without picking up. If that has changed, it would be good to know.

(Based on your avatar, I'm thinking you may have some direct knowledge in this area.)

I was going to stay out of this after my last reply but...

To you, wasting time at 6:30am on vacation is a waste of money, to others, it's not. I get your point. I can't disagree with your opinion as it's your opinion, all I can do is attempt to see this from both sides.

$10 is peanuts to some and the hour is precious, to others, the $10 is an additional expense on top of that $5000 vacation that they don't need or want to spend. To them, the time value is not as important.

BTW, It's approximately $15 plus tip from POR to BC in a taxi. Uber/Lyft should be less.

Is this something fairly recent? (I'm thinking like in the past 2-3 years.) For a long time, getting *from* a park *to* a resort in the morning was a difficult proposition, precisely because of the way the bus system worked, where even arriving buses would often depart without picking up. If that has changed, it would be good to know.

(Based on your avatar, I'm thinking you may have some direct knowledge in this area.)

No, It's been that way for years.

There is a bus coordinator at each park and DTD and a coordinator at each bus staging point. Then you have roving bus cast at all resorts and at the park load zones who report to the coordinator running those areas to bring in supplemental buses as required. Some resorts may take a bit for the supplemental bus as they are remote to the staging area but if called for, a bus will show up (eventually).

If you are at a park and you aren't getting picked up, grab the rover and tell them where you need to get to. They will then get you a bus.

I was going to stay out of this after my last reply but...

To you, wasting time at 6:30am on vacation is a waste of money, to others, it's not. I get your point. I can't disagree with your opinion as it's your opinion, all I can do is attempt to see this from both sides.

$10 is peanuts to some and the hour is precious, to others, the $10 is an additional expense on top of that $5000 vacation that they don't need or want to spend. To them, the time value is not as important.

BTW, It's approximately $15 plus tip from POR to BC in a taxi. Uber/Lyft should be less.

This April, we got on the wrong bus from AKV and ended up at HS before the park opened. There were ZERO taxis waiting. We saw one drop someone off and it left immediately. After all, who in their right mind is LEAVING HS before the park opens. We waited for a bus for 45 minutes. None ever came, and a white courtesy van ended up coming by to help us out.

A cab won't be too expensive. But, if it were me? I would take the bus to DHS, and then walk over to the BC! I love the walk, especially in the morning! If you see a bus to YC/BC, fine, hop on it at DHS. Otherwise, just walk. It takes about 20 mins. Be at the DHS bus stop by 6:30ish...get off the bus at DHS (and yes, the driver may offer to drop you off at BC if you let him know that's where you're going), head to the canal area, staying to the right. Walk along the sidewalk, canal on your left, parking lot on your right. You'll come to a slight downward slope on your left...signage stating the way to Boardwalk. Walk down the slope. Continue until you get to the end of the walkway...behind BW. Go left, out of the Boardwalk area, then turn right and go across the bridge. S/D will be behind you to the left, YC/BC in front of you. YC is the first one, BC is next on the left..the lake will be on your right.
Or, just take a cab! If you take a cab, plan on leaving POR by 7:15ish.

I would take a taxi. Disney suggests that you allow 90 minutes to make it to an ADR using their transportation. Most of the time, that is overkill. But sometimes you need every one of those minutes! Even cutting that back a little you would need to be at the bus stop at 6:30 am, no later. Using a taxi, walk out of the front of your resort at 7:15. Have them grab you a taxi. Sit back, relax, and pay the $20 for the ride. For me an extra hour of sleep is worth the $20.

Are taxis reliable and how long does it take to get from art of animation to magic kingdom and animal kingdom?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter