Advice on Booking Hotels

AllThingsMickey4

DIS Veteran
So with the possibility of 2018 rooms becoming available for online booking tomorrow, I can't decide how I should book my fiancé and I's pre wedding stay.

Our wedding is April 28th 2018, 9:30 AM (not my first choice :crazy2:) at the WP. We want to stay at the GF obviously for convenience and would need two rooms or a 2 bedroom suite in order to get ready and not see each other. My rate through group reservations is $520 for the cheapest room at the GF. I am an AP holder and right now the summer room offer is $374 for a garden view at the beginning of September.

Sooo... should I book two rooms on my own and hope and pray for an AP or general public discount between now and then? Or book the $520 rate through wedding reservations? If I book through wedding reservations and an AP rate becomes available, will they adjust the price for me or are those rates locked in?

Also, I'm already using my free night for the night of the 26th. We are driving and live 8 hours away, so don't want to make the whole drive on the 27th.

Thanks in advance!!!

Book the room now and then if you get a better deal book that. Cancel the wedding block room but give them your confirmation number...it will count towards your block. Where is your free night? You could book a cheaper room for that night and then move over to the GF.

Liz

We went ahead and booked a 2bdrm villa at Saratoga Springs for our Escape wedding and will modify it if/when promos are available. We will possibly have DSD and DSS (17 & 22 by our wedding), and it was just easier for us to do it this way, especially if we can catch a promo.

We may reduce the length of our stay or change how we booked everything after we know more, but doing it this way guaranteed we will have the room we need for our wedding.

Ours is looking like it will be April 29th, but ours is an Escape package.

We may reduce the length of our stay or change how we booked everything after we know more, but doing it this way guaranteed we will have the room we need for our wedding.

Ours is looking like it will be April 29th, but ours is an Escape package.
Good point.. I went ahead and booked GF through our room block coordinator today so we will for sure have something. It just kills me to see that $520 price tag. I'll just hope for a discount! The good news is I booked our honeymoon stay at the Beach Club and the wedding rate for a lagoon/pool view was close to the AP rate we got this past May.

Congrats on your wedding by the way! It's good to hear from a fellow April bride!

Good point.. I went ahead and booked GF through our room block coordinator today so we will for sure have something. It just kills me to see that $520 price tag. I'll just hope for a discount! The good news is I booked our honeymoon stay at the Beach Club and the wedding rate for a lagoon/pool view was close to the AP rate we got this past May.

Congrats on your wedding by the way! It's good to hear from a fellow April bride!
Thanks! Congrats to you too! We aren't doing a few days at Disney and then actually honeymooning in Jamaica! I'm so excited!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!