Advice on when to book for group trip in July

littleelf

Mouseketeer
I am taking a Girl Scout group of 8 people to WDW July 19-25. Our family of 4 has been many times, but never in the middle of the summer, we usually try to go during less busy times. When we have stayed on Disney property, I was always able to get room discounts so I thought I would wait for a discount to book our rooms for Girl Scouts. Now I see that the cheapest rooms available have gone up in the last month--right now the cost for 2 rooms for 6 nights has gone up a total of $400 from what we had budgeted.

Now I am worried about waiting. Is it busy enough in the summer that I will probably not be able to get a better rate than what is available right now? Or should I stick to the plan and wait until there are discounts out for those dates? Since it is the troop's money and it is limited to what we have, it is a big problem if the rates are higher than what I planned. Should I book now and then cancel and re-book if cheaper rates come out? What would you do? (The girls were actually hoping to be able to upgrade to a moderate if we got a good discount.)

I am taking a Girl Scout group of 8 people to WDW July 19-25. Our family of 4 has been many times, but never in the middle of the summer, we usually try to go during less busy times. When we have stayed on Disney property, I was always able to get room discounts so I thought I would wait for a discount to book our rooms for Girl Scouts. Now I see that the cheapest rooms available have gone up in the last month--right now the cost for 2 rooms for 6 nights has gone up a total of $400 from what we had budgeted.

Now I am worried about waiting. Is it busy enough in the summer that I will probably not be able to get a better rate than what is available right now? Or should I stick to the plan and wait until there are discounts out for those dates? Since it is the troop's money and it is limited to what we have, it is a big problem if the rates are higher than what I planned. Should I book now and then cancel and re-book if cheaper rates come out? What would you do? (The girls were actually hoping to be able to upgrade to a moderate if we got a good discount.)

If there is something available now that is affordable/within the budget, I'd book it so you have something. If a discount comes out later and is applicable to your resort/room type, you can have it applied to your existing reservation (or possibly upgrade). However, if the trip is dependent on a discount, I'd wait to see what (if any) discounts come out for your dates. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter