Advice with 9 day Marriott stay - Royal Palms, Cypress Harbour, Sheraton Vistana Villages, or Residence Inn Flamingo Crossing

Kate'sDad

Mouseketeer
I am doing a 9 day stay in Nov. Have usually stayed on property but need to use Marriott points. Looking at either 2 rooms at the Residence Inn Flamingo Crossing or a 2 bedroom villa at Royal Palms, Cypress Harbour, Vistana Villages. Mostly Disney park centric so not too worried about the amenities although may hit the pool a little and if there is a basketball hoop we would use it. Does anyone have recommendations on these different properties?

Thanks

Last edited:
I think if it were me, I'd lean towards Royal Palms for a Disney-park-centric trip. That's partly because timeshares are generally a little better equipped than studios at a Residence Inn. Cypress is probably nicer, but farther away. I don't know how well Vistana Villages has kept up, but it's also a bit farther away.

I am doing a 9 day stay in Nov. Have usually stayed on property but need to use Marriott points.

Looking at either 2 rooms at the Residence Inn Flamingo Crossing
I like the location and I think in long run it will be a great area when everything is built out. But if I am mostly going to be in the parks most that is no plus AND those Marriotts are geared to groups so not sure I'd get the sleep I'd like.
2 bedroom villa at Royal Palms
We are now regulars at the MWC vacation club units. I think you will be very happy here, the pool is great for a quick dip which we did a few evenings after the parks. Amenities are nice and you have access to hotel dining etc if you want.

The location is AWESOME, in a theme park parking lot in minutes. Also quick drive over to Disney Springs if you like. I'm returning in December for my .... 7th time in lat 2 years. This would be my pick.
Cypress Harbour
Great location for UO or SW but if I have option to stay closer to Disney and avoid this area I would. I don't think they have anything special there that would draw me to stay.

Vistana Villages.
I've heard some complaints since merge and wondering if perhaps this property needs some renovation. Again you are up International and unless you are doing more than Disney why stay that far?

Mostly Disney park centric so not too worried about the amenities although may hit the pool a little and if there is a basketball hoop we would use it. Does anyone have recommendations on these different properties?

Thanks
I would go with World Center and stay at Royal Palms.

I’ve stayed at Cypress Harbour in a 2 bedroom villa a few times thru an interval trade. Very nice villa and nice property. Lots of room compared to Disney. Also has full size W/D in villa rather than stacked.

I just posted a review from a few weeks ago for Sabal Palm (also Marriott) and it was really great. We would definitely stay there again.

Residence Inn (FC) is really great location and just incredible price-wise compared to Disney Resorts. It's pretty basic but built in 2021, quiet, and clean. Pool is basic but again, for the price point and proximity to the parks, I highly recommend. :)

I like the Marriotts' at Flamingo Crossings. The location is just wonderful, and the value/price is usually quite good. The only issue I've found is the lack of local food options, but that is just a short drive away on 429 to 192.

We have stayed at Royal Palms before and really enjoyed it! Plenty of space in the 2 bedroom with a full kitchen, living room and a little screened in patio

We are fans of Vistana resort, not Villages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter