Advise for a solo-never been. Hotel? Etc?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I'm going to DL solo this summer. I've been to WDW solo several times, so traveling alone doesn't bother me. But I've never even been to DL. I'm most concerned about safety there. Unfortunately, I'm quite sure the on site hotels are out of my budget, so I'm considering off-site but walking distance. However, is it well-lit and safe to walk around alone? I'm considering Best Western Park Place, Howard Johnson's, or the Tropicanna. I'd really appreciate any suggestions or comments on hotels or anything else you might think of to help me.

Any of those should be ok safety wise.
I went solo in November and had a great time. The hotels along Harbor are all well lit and many people are walking the sidewalks along that side of the street from park opening until park close. Major crosswalk to the entrance so no traffic dodging required.

The only time I had to be more cautious was in early am (early riser and walked to convention ctr for conference ).. Only a handful of people were up and about since the park did not open until mid morning. There was an intoxicated person at the public bus stop but no one bothered me . Had a nice walk in the sunshine and enjoyed the green grass and flowers on the way.

Park Place is right at crosswalk so it is closer to the park than the Disney hotels (except Grand Californian).
Hojo's is a longer walk but I feel so comfy there and it has good rates. Really nice staff, pretty grounds, and large rooms.

Enjoy the single rider lines at Splash, Soarin, Screamin, Mulholland Madness, and Mailboomer. They may have single rider for Indy soon- yeah!

I think you'll be fine in any of those places. There are always park-goers walking in that general area - you won't be alone. Have fun. :sunny:

Funny--about how long did it take you to get to DL from the HoJo? Did you use ART at all?

Thanks again!

about a 10 minute walk- never bothered with ART.
There are some good maps on other web sites that can give you an idea on how close the hotels are to main gates.

http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/feature/where_to_stay_BIG.htm

HoJo's is not listed on the map -going further up Harbor Blvd, it is past the McDonald's, past an orange block building (this is the Fairfield Inn), a parking lot and a smaller building (Mimi's restaurant) and then several white square buildings with blue water (pool) in the triangle area formed by Harbor Blvd and the highway -- that is Hojo's.

http://www.anaheimoc.org/visit/index.cfm?action=maps

http://www.a2z-anaheim-hotels.com/maps.htm

For good rates try Mousesavers or Laughingplace web sites for special link to discount reservations . Or call hotel directly for Entertainment rate (about $45 a night in off season)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter