Status
Not open for further replies.
63081f23-9840-4fee-be8b-29556fa76e03-jpeg.387229
Darn! If we took the bus that day, our car would have been in the photo! ;)

Do we know anything about the cordoned-off area to the right of the boat dock? We walked by it a couple of times this past week and I couldn't tell what was going on behind it. I suspect knowing that might unlock some of the secrets about how they might keep the gondolas *inside* security (like the resort monorails) while still handling people walking in (or taking the boat in) from the Epcot resorts.

Do we know anything about the cordoned-off area to the right of the boat dock? We walked by it a couple of times this past week and I couldn't tell what was going on behind it. I suspect knowing that might unlock some of the secrets about how they might keep the gondolas *inside* security (like the resort monorails) while still handling people walking in (or taking the boat in) from the Epcot resorts.

We wondered as well, but this photo makes it look like nothing is going on yet. Maybe more tap entries?

The Skyliner will not be inside the security bubble. They are expanding the touch points at IG.

It just occurred to me - the fact that the top of the Millennium Falcon is so detailed - am I wrong in thinking there is no way that anyone is going to be able to see that within the land? Is it possible the queue for Smuggler's Run is going to be elevated so that you will walk along balconies that overlook the Falcon? It's a neat idea, but it just seems like you are wasting half the ship design if you can only look at it from the bottom.

It just occurred to me - the fact that the top of the Millennium Falcon is so detailed - am I wrong in thinking there is no way that anyone is going to be able to see that within the land? Is it possible the queue for Smuggler's Run is going to be elevated so that you will walk along balconies that overlook the Falcon? It's a neat idea, but it just seems like you are wasting half the ship design if you can only look at it from the bottom.
Yes you will get to see it from windows in the queue. This has been confirmed.

We stay at BWV and walk to DHS.

I'm curious how we will be "directed" to the new bag check area. Will there be some type of block-off where the Mickey/Fantasia topiary is located so I would be funnelled to the new bag check?

We stay at BWV and walk to DHS.

I'm curious how we will be "directed" to the new bag check area. Will there be some type of block-off where the Mickey/Fantasia topiary is located so I would be funnelled to the new bag check?
I believe there will be a “second phase” of new bag checks. So once the new section opens the old ones will close and the next phase will be completed. That other phase would be more for the boat and bus guests. So an L shape of sorts.

I believe there will be a “second phase” of new bag checks. So once the new section opens the old ones will close and the next phase will be completed. That other phase would be more for the boat and bus guests. So an L shape of sorts.

Rob from PttP (and confirmed by a security officer at the front gate) states that that current L shape will eventually be a U that encompasses the entire front entrance and will function as the security check to enter the park. The current L under construction is the first phase and will open before they begin the other half.

Rob from PttP (and confirmed by a security officer at the front gate) states that that current L shape will eventually be a U that encompasses the entire front entrance and will function as the security check to enter the park. The current L under construction is the first phase and will open before they begin the other half.
I do think it will be extended yes but I don’t think it will be a U. I did watch that video.

New hi-res aerial map of Orange County, including WDW, is now up on the Property Appraiser's site. Comparing state of Millennium Falcon to bioreconstruct's aerials, I date the image at 1/19/19.

To view aerial map:
  1. Open https://maps.ocpafl.org/webmapjs/
  2. Close the "Identify" window
  3. Open "Base Map" menu, and select "Aerial 2019", and then close the menu
  4. For clearer view, open "Layers" menu, and unselect "Parcel Lines" after you find your desired location
If you have a wheel mouse, you can zoom with wheel, and drag to pan.

Enjoy!

New hi-res aerial map of Orange County, including WDW, is now up on the Property Appraiser's site. Comparing state of Millennium Falcon to bioreconstruct's aerials, I date the image at 1/19/19.

To view aerial map:
  1. Open https://maps.ocpafl.org/webmapjs/
  2. Close the "Identify" window
  3. Open "Base Map" menu, and select "Aerial 2019", and then close the menu
  4. For clearer view, open "Layers" menu, and unselect "Parcel Lines" after you find your desired location
If you have a wheel mouse, you can zoom with wheel, and drag to pan.

Enjoy!
Pretty cool.....I bookmarked this in hopes that I'll be able to see future shots. It was fun to follow the Skyliner line from the various resorts to the parks!

Pretty cool.....I bookmarked this in hopes that I'll be able to see future shots. It was fun to follow the Skyliner line from the various resorts to the parks!
It's only updated once a year. But I like it if I want to see a more recent overview of an area than I can get in Google Maps or Earth, and right now it's recent enough to see most of the new stuff. You can also select an older base map to see how things have changed over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!