Status
Not open for further replies.
Note: my tracking of construction progress for various Disney projects is very limited, so I probably don't know what I'm talking about.

Given that; construction isn't a new business for Disney, it isn't their first time at the rodeo. I would think that unless something catastrophic happens, the schedule is the schedule.
i.e I have faith they know what they are doing.

I have faith in what they are doing until I think back to the Rivers of Light fiasco.

Avatar land March 16th 2017....2 months and 1 day before the official opening of the land on May 27th.
http://mickeyxtreme.net/blog/the-latest-aerials-of-pandora-world-of-avatar

The last month was mostly work on the night lighting and the interior of the rides. TSL has none of that.

TSL is about 2 months and 19 days before the official opening with a much smaller public area and much less detail work. I don't see an issue but I will definitely be interested to see the TSL aerials that come out in the next 14-20 days.

ROL was a way different beast. Disney could not get the technology right to run the show how they wanted it. Same with FEA. TSL is mostly cosmetic. They can get it done in time.

Except that we are hearing there are problems with the Alien Saucer ride.

Would they consider opening slinky and tsm for soft opening without the alien ride being completed?
I think it depends on how much work needed to be done on aliens. If it’s all interior work I could see it happening, but if they’re still having roof issues/exterior work maybe not

@rteetz Ryan, have you heard anything about CBR finishing up by the original 6/30 deadline?
Room renovations and much of the common area work could be done or close to done by then. You’ll still have gondola work, and riviera construction into 2019 though.

Room renovations and much of the common area work could be done or close to done by then. You’ll still have gondola work, and riviera construction into 2019 though.

More worried about Old Port Royale / Centertown and the renovations. I remember seeing advertising for Summer 2018 but haven't seen much update since.

More worried about Old Port Royale / Centertown and the renovations. I remember seeing advertising for Summer 2018 but haven't seen much update since.
I would suspect that will be completed this summer. Structures are all in place. They are mainly working on interiors and the facade work now.

And the opening of Pandora in 2017, Storybook Circus and Be Our Guest in 2012, Midway Mania in 2008, and Test Track in 1998-1999.

Oh wait. :)

Wait - what went wrong with the opening of Pandora? I don't remember that being delayed. (Or any of the others besides Test Track.) Are you just talking about not being able to handle the crowds?

I would suspect that will be completed this summer. Structures are all in place. They are mainly working on interiors and the facade work now.

I asked the question to a Disney Travel Agent castmember when I called to modify a reservation for a client. I was told that they have extended this out to December, 2018. Diser @dansdad has a contact that also said the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!