Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's not going to be anywhere near a thrill ride, but I think it looks like it will be a bit more than Barnstormer.
I don't look to Disney for thrill rides. After hearing a bunch of negative reviews of SDMT I actually was impressed by the actual experience. If you are looking for thrill rides look elsewhere than Disney as I can't see it happening.

Barnstormer is just about perfect for it's intended age group. My now 8 year old rides that thing on a loop late evening when we go there. 21 consecutive times is his record. Slinky dog looks to be a step beyond that and beyond mine train. With it's simple design it has to rely on a little more thrill factor compared to Mine Train. I think it will be fun for all age groups, but if they make it for the sub 48" group, which I think is imperative, then I think the restraint system has to be a bit more versatile like big thunder, EE or space mountain. SO I think you can expect a similar thrill.

I have seen nothing on this, but given the Muppets show in MK, could they create a new Muppets show coming out of that facade for HS? I haven't looked that closely at it, but the thought just occurred to me.

That area will not be part of the Muppets Courtyard, there will be a wall separating them, and since this is going to be the main entrance to Star Wars land putting that sort of the attraction there would just create a bottleneck.

That area will not be part of the Muppets Courtyard, there will be a wall separating them, and since this is going to be the main entrance to Star Wars land putting that sort of the attraction there would just create a bottleneck.

Does anyone happen to know if there will be multiple entrances for star wars land? I would assume so, right?

Got it. Like I said, it was just a random thought. I had no idea if that spot would even work for something like that outside of just seeing they had windows they could pop out of.

Thanks again.

From Bioreconstruct today

Caribbean Beach demolition

IMG_6146.JPG IMG_6147.JPG

Streets of American entrance

IMG_6148.JPG IMG_6149.JPG

Toy Story land

IMG_6150.JPG

Demo of the tour bridge

IMG_6151.JPG

Alien Swirling Saucers to the right. Quick service to the left.

IMG_6152.JPG

Slinky Dog Dash

IMG_6153.JPG

Fence theming

IMG_6154.JPG

Both lands

IMG_6155.JPG

Like the progress we are seeing. I think slinky dog will be comparable to the minds train. Good speed, but probably no big drop. Definitely good that disney is putting in some kiddie rides into DHS. This is long overdue. I am also excited about the alien spin ride. I love maters in DLR. I really hope it's all up and running by August next year.

Like the progress we are seeing. I think slinky dog will be comparable to the minds train. Good speed, but probably no big drop. Definitely good that disney is putting in some kiddie rides into DHS. This is long overdue. I am also excited about the alien spin ride. I love maters in DLR. I really hope it's all up and running by August next year.

"Kiddie" rides, but still rides with height limits.

I am not at all disappointed in the looks of the Slinky Dog coaster. At one point I remember hearing that it had been shortened? But, it looks pretty lengthy. And if it's thrills are *at least* along the lines of BTMR, I am very happy about that. I love coasters, but I think BTMR and EE are great family-oriented compromises. And given that it's open underneath the tracks, it will feel more thrilling, I'm sure.

I am not at all disappointed in the looks of the Slinky Dog coaster. At one point I remember hearing that it had been shortened? But, it looks pretty lengthy. And if it's thrills are *at least* along the lines of BTMR, I am very happy about that. I love coasters, but I think BTMR and EE are great family-oriented compromises. And given that it's open underneath the tracks, it will feel more thrilling, I'm sure.
I always think it's funny how people feel Everest isn't a thrill ride in the conventional sense (like six flags or whatever). That rides pretty intense, I always forget that until I'm plastered in my seat in those helixes lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter