After covid, more unused points chasing limited room availability?

Keep posting the same thing doesn't change anything! Disney is not going to give away free room to anyone on the street! A empty room cost Disney money! A DVC family will spend money at Disney! That is a fact!

If you think Disney will give DVC rooms for free, more power to you. I simply don’t think they will nor have a reason to.

Last edited:
I look at the 11-month window. That to me is a key to determining if all those extra points are a major, unavoidable problem. If you can get your home resort at 11-months out, then any crunch problems caused thereafter by the resort-closure point accumulations are something that members can avoid by using their right to reserve at 11-months out. Currently, e.g., for second half of March and all of April 2021, the 11-month reservation window has looked like it usually does for that time of year with practically everything being open at 11-months out, with ample time during the day at 11-months out (and usually thereafter) to make a reservation, except for usual suspects that often go very quickly at 11-months out, e.g., AKV club level and value. (There is one exception, which is more likely due to a computer glitch or removal due to intended refurbishment -- SSR Treehouses have been shown as full since April 18, 2021.) We will see if that usual 11-month reservation trend continues.

Last edited:
I was really hoping that me and my husband could return to Hilton Head in the Fall of this year for a couple nights. It ain't gonna happen. May be years before we get back there. I am looking at maybe three nights in Destin now in the Fall.

Keep posting the same thing doesn't change anything! Disney is not going to give away free room to anyone on the street! A empty room cost Disney money! A DVC family will spend money at Disney! That is a fact!

Show me where you are getting your facts that a DVC family will spend money please. I have been many times on an AP and spent less than $100 on site while staying DVC. We typically eat in the villa due to allergies. We don’t buy souvenirs. Allowing a DVC family access to that empty room will actually cost them money through mousekeeping, more staff on hand to check those extra rooms in, and wear and tear on the resort.

Show me where you are getting your facts that a DVC family will spend money please. I have been many times on an AP and spent less than $100 on site while staying DVC. We typically eat in the villa due to allergies. We don’t buy souvenirs. Allowing a DVC family access to that empty room will actually cost them money through mousekeeping, more staff on hand to check those extra rooms in, and wear and tear on the resort.
You answered your own question! AP cost a lot of money! I know lots of familys that buy a 1-2 day pass! We eat in our Villa also, but but millions of family's are not restricted like yours!

You answered your own question! AP cost a lot of money! I know lots of familys that buy a 1-2 day pass! We eat in our Villa also, but but millions of family's are not restricted like yours!

There are a lot of cash guests who buy APs. I have been reading more forums lately and I am actually surprised by it.

Then if they can't go they can bank them. Or rent the points and use the cash to purchase a cash reservation. If you are planning to go next year then the be prepared to book with the window opens.

Then if they can't go they can bank them. Or rent the points and use the cash to purchase a cash reservation.

Given what we now see Disney doing for cash guests at closed resorts who still want to come before July 4th...moving them for no additional charge DVC or Ft. Wilderness, it seems to me they have decided cash guests offer them a great deal to keep them happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!