After Hours and HS in Feb?

Eleanor Richman

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Husband and I heading for our Disneymoon the last week of Feb! Very excited as I haven't been since I was 2! Just a month to go to booking fast passes so starting to strategise.

We were hoping for an after hours event at Hollywood Studios whilst we were there but one hasn't been announced. Is there a chance one could still be announced? Alternatively are we better strategizing and booking an AK AF event and knocking that out in one eve esp as it is the furthest away (staying at beach club)? We had originally planned to spend 2 days at AK (we are there 9 days in total) so allows us more time for HS and other places.

What strategy have people found works for HS with the changes to Tier 1 there and the new star wars land?

We are from the UK and have hopper tickets every day included.

Thank you.

Hi all,

Husband and I heading for our Disneymoon the last week of Feb! Very excited as I haven't been since I was 2! Just a month to go to booking fast passes so starting to strategise.

We were hoping for an after hours event at Hollywood Studios whilst we were there but one hasn't been announced. Is there a chance one could still be announced? Alternatively are we better strategizing and booking an AK AF event and knocking that out in one eve esp as it is the furthest away (staying at beach club)? We had originally planned to spend 2 days at AK (we are there 9 days in total) so allows us more time for HS and other places.

What strategy have people found works for HS with the changes to Tier 1 there and the new star wars land?

We are from the UK and have hopper tickets every day included.

Thank you.

I don't think we're going to see an AH for HS for quite some time until at least a year or so after GE has been fully operated...or they're going to replace After Hours with that Star Wars hotel all-inclusive experience (only way they could really justify keeping people trapped to just that one area and enjoy an immersive environment instead of mixing with those in tourist outfits). Otherwise people would be expecting GE to be open at AH, and that would cause a huge stir if it weren't while the rest of the park was.

As for strategies, a lot of people have found that going to TSL first and then going to GE in the afternoon nets you the least amount of waiting in line for the newest rides. It seems counter intuitive but it makes sense because most of the mass is going to MFSR in the morning. And if you're not there at least an hour before the gates (not the park overall) open, to quote Ricky Bobby "if you're not first, you're last". So you have another smaller crowd hitting up TSL for those attractions. If you don't care about TSL or have a FP for the one ride you care about there, you can instead go against all of the crowd and hit up ToT & RnRC in the morning which should net very little wait times for those rides.

Disney has a relatively full slate of DAH events announced at DAK and MK for Feb.

My guess is we won’t see DAH at DHS until sufficient time to get some operational history/experience with SWGE.

I’m sure it’s coming at some point, just feels like it won’t be as soon as Feb. (I obviously don’t know that for sure and am totally speculating)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter