After Hours Refund for June

irazabul

Mouseketeer
I called WDW and told them that since the parks will not open until July 11, I canceled my vacation plans for end of June and I asked them for refund of the Villains After Hours party on June 29.

I was told that the refunds would happen automatically and when I asked exactly when that would happen, I was told to "expect two billing cycles after the event date." WHAT?! I told them that is a very bad policy and that I was very unhappy with the fact hat when I book, my money was taken right away even though the event was two months out. Now that it is canceled, I may not get back the money until end of August?! It's not like it is cheap - about $160 per ticket for 7 people!

I called WDW and told them that since the parks will not open until July 11, I canceled my vacation plans for end of June and I asked them for refund of the Villains After Hours party on June 29.

I was told that the refunds would happen automatically and when I asked exactly when that would happen, I was told to "expect two billing cycles after the event date." WHAT?! I told them that is a very bad policy and that I was very unhappy with the fact hat when I book, my money was taken right away even though the event was two months out. Now that it is canceled, I may not get back the money until end of August?! It's not like it is cheap - about $160 per ticket for 7 people!

I'd call back and try another CM.

I believe that is pretty much a "canned" response. They tell me that all the time when canceling reservations for anything. Trith be told I have always gotten a refund within a week. With our AH event in April I had a refund with the week of them closing the parks.

Call them back. They cancelled you, you didn’t cancel them. They have no right to hold our money any longer than they already have. If you have to go to a supervisor, do it.

CC companies usually ask them to say it could take up to two billing cycles to see the refund,

I do think the CM is mistaken on from date of event, but it being from date of cancelation.

Of course, I have never even had a refund take more than one, no matter how often I’ve been told that!

I know that stinks, I feel for you. We had a cruise (not DCL) paid for that was cancelled in April and still haven't received a refund for

I was told the same thing for my $1060 Nights of Adventure reservation in July... it may be 2 billing cycles. Maybe I'll give them a week or two then ask the bank for a chargeback?

I was told the same thing for my $1060 Nights of Adventure reservation in July... it may be 2 billing cycles. Maybe I'll give them a week or two then ask the bank for a chargeback?
I should have given an update...despite what the customer rep said, I got a refund in about 5 days after my call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter