after much hemming...

gjw89

Earning My Ears
...We booked our Disneyland vacation! I am sooo excited!!! It was such a hard decision. Here is my though process:
1.I liked Candy Cane Inn but didn't want to then switch to on site because of our little ones nap etc.
2.I love the Marriot Residence Inn Family Suites, but didn't want to rely on transportation.
3.We wanted to spend 5 days in San Diego before going up to Anaheim-but we would have to be very frugal to get everything in - which defies my personal defintion of vacation.

So we settled on the Disneyland Hotel 1 bedroom suite for 5 nights/6 days
This is why we chose it:
1.Personal space and space to move around
2.Don't really have to leave resort/hotel if we don't want to
3.Don't need to move around from hotel to hotel
4.We truly want to relax reconnect recuperate and take it very slow and easy for a week

We used AAA because:
1.We had it-and it gave us a discount
2.Unlimited Fast Pass
3.Figured I would start forming my own relationship with a TA instead of trying to glean a great on from another fantastic DIS board member :earboy2:
4.It will "force" us into pre-paying the vacation before going and not facing credit card debt remorse after the fact

!!!I am so incredibly happy!!!!! Mt first Disney vacation is actually gonna happen!!

my understandind from reading these boards is you can get it from AAA only. Instead of waiting for your time limit to collect another fastpass you could theoretically go around to every ride and collect your tix and use them later. I need to learn more and strategize on how to use it. But I am happy to have the option, and happy to be going to Disney!!! :cool1:

Congrats on booking your trip. You will have a great time. One thing you may want to check into is when they are going to do the Monorail refurbishment. When I was there in September, they mentioned that they are going to redo the Monorail Station in Tomorrowland and so the monorail will be down for that time. If you booked the Disneyland Hotel because of the Monorail convenience, make sure you know that it will be running so you won't be disappointed. Have a great trip.

thanks for the heads up Shauna. I thought of that ( I read about that possibility on anther thread) but that didn't factor much for us. OUr tentative plan is just to do small 1/2 days at the parks so we should be able to handle any small incoveniencesthat crop p like that.

WOOO HOOO here I Come Disney! :cheer2:

You should be very happy with your decisions. The enhanced FP is very cool; I've been lucky enough to have one a couple of times (and yes, you can only get it through AAA when you book a trip that includes a stay at one of the Disney hotels.) You will all love the DLH! Keep reading the boards; you'll learn a lot and have a nice outlet for your excitement.

You made a great choice, I love the Disneyland Hotel! Their pool area is the best, my kids love swimming in the Neverland Pool! The unlimited fastpass thing will be a lifesaver as crowds just seem to be at a peak with the 50th. Have fun, I am betting your first trip will be the first of many, most of us get happily addicted (I know I did)!! :flower: :flower: :flower:

You will have a great time. We stayed at DLH in April with my DD almost 5. Had such a great time we are going back in January. Get to the parks when they open and do the kid stuff first, you can do alot in the first hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter