Age Verfication question?

cisco911

Mouseketeer
Okay. I'm on a worry wart posting day so my apologies in advance. We are heading down this summer and our son is just under 3 so he is free. His birthday is in September and we are going in July so he is very close to being 3. Is there any age verification that I will be required to provide at check in or during our stay like entering parks, etc?

Also, from people's experience doing Disney with a 2 year old, is there anything that i should be concerned about our planning for that maybe I wouldn't not be thinking of.

Thanks in advance for all the help :)

They might ask age but you don’t need proof. My very tall 2yo was stopped several times at the park entrance or getting on rides without a fast pass - we just rolled with it. Our average size 2yo had no issues/questions.

Best advice is have a plan and know it won’t work ;) go slower then you’d like and LOTS of potty breaks if they are out of diapers

They absolutely will not ask you to verify his age.
Even if he looks extremely old for his age about the most a CM would do is ask how old he is or even ask him how old he is.
My niece is extremely tall for her age (even now she is just shy of 11 and she is as tall as me or just a tad taller and I'm 5ft6in!)
At 2yrs4mos she was 40in and riding Soarin, TT, and Splash Mountain. No one ever questioned her age.

You know your son better than we do as far as likes, dislikes, routine, and things that could be a concern so can't speak to that question.

They absolutely will not ask you to verify his age.
Even if he looks extremely old for his age about the most a CM would do is ask how old he is or even ask him how old he is.
My niece is extremely tall for her age (even now she is just shy of 11 and she is as tall as me or just a tad taller and I'm 5ft6in!)
At 2yrs4mos she was 40in and riding Soarin, TT, and Splash Mountain. No one ever questioned her age.

You know your son better than we do as far as likes, dislikes, routine, and things that could be a concern so can't speak to that question.

Thank you. My question about what to expect is more with regards to procedure stuff with a 2 year old like affecting reservations and MDE, etc. We have always travelled with our kids very young so we know what to expect with regards to how much to push them and likes and dislikes. :)

Okay. I'm on a worry wart posting day so my apologies in advance. We are heading down this summer and our son is just under 3 so he is free. His birthday is in September and we are going in July so he is very close to being 3. Is there any age verification that I will be required to provide at check in or during our stay like entering parks, etc?

Also, from people's experience doing Disney with a 2 year old, is there anything that i should be concerned about our planning for that maybe I wouldn't not be thinking of.

We went last May with my then DD2. We went May 5, she turned 3 May 18. We had absolutely no issues.

Will be taking DS1 beginning of December 2020, right before his Dec 13 birthday and I'm not bringing any verification with me.

Thank you. My question about what to expect is more with regards to procedure stuff with a 2 year old like affecting reservations and MDE, etc. We have always travelled with our kids very young so we know what to expect with regards to how much to push them and likes and dislikes. :)

In that case... he will need to be on your hotel reservation, ADR's etc as they need that info for capacity and fire code reasons regardless of if she is eating...
Yes he should be on MDE and if staying onsite he will receive a magic band as well which while not needed is a nice keepsake.
He will not need FP+ as he does not need a ticket.
You will just take him with you on FP+ attractions he is tall enough for. No questions asked.

only problem we had if you can call it a problem was 18 month old grandson would get upset when CM said "and one infant" when talking about our party. he did not think he was an "infant" CMs never had a problem just the grandson

We went in October, the week before my son’s 3rd birthday. And he definitely looked 3. We were never questioned anywhere.

Make sure to include the child in your hotel reservation and for any ADRs.

We went soon after one of my daughters turned three. The cm often tried to waive her in without using her ticket and told me she didn’t need one and at table service meals a couple servers didn’t charge for her initially. We corrected it but even then they were like oh she didn’t really eat. So I would t worry too much

They dont ask My youngest son was was little for his age we got in free as long as we could. Sound bad when I put it in writing.. . with 5 kids we took all the breaks we could get. No worries.

We went three weeks before our daughters 3rd birthday last year. We did have someone ask how old she was but no one ever asked for proof of age.

We have been many times with toddlers and have never been asked. I was once told that CMs are specifically told NOT to ask for verification. Not sure if that’s true or not, though.

I have been asked for proof at the airport, however, so always have birth certificates when flying.

only way you could need age verification would be for travel there and home depending on ticket but at Disney not needed. as I said earlier was grandson getting upset at being called an infant was our only problem

We have been many times with toddlers and have never been asked. I was once told that CMs are specifically told NOT to ask for verification. Not sure if that’s true or not, though.

I have been asked for proof at the airport, however, so always have birth certificates when flying.

Only proof at the airport would be if you have an infant without a seat (under 2) or if you booked an age restricted youth fare which is not likely as they are usually more expensive than a typical discounted fare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter