AHS: cult

I haven’t watched the last four episodes and I really haven’t missed it. I have them on my pvr but every day I debate whether or not to just delete them. My plan was to save them and watch them at the end of the month after my semiannual MRI (the locked in a coffin parts freaked me out too much).. but I don’t know.

I binged Murder House about a month before Freak Show because I wanted to see what the fuss was about..that and we finally got the channel that aired the show lol
Murder House was ok and Freak Show is my favourite season by far. Next season needs to knock it out of the park again or I might just stop watching.

Thank goodness that is over. Yay, he finally died and was betrayed, twice, but the end...groan :-(

I was ready to turn it off in the first couple of minutes, but I figured I made it through all the rest of the garbage I had to see where it ended up.

Worst. Season. Ever. And I hated Asylum and Coven so that is saying something. Swearing and gore for shock value instead of adding to the story line. Evan Peters did great recreating the cult leaders, but that was the only bright point.

Worst season ending of literally ALL the seasons. The last episode barely added anything to the plot and the "twist" ending wasn't even a twist.

I said I was done after Roanoke, but I DVR'd this and watched 3 episodes last night.

Now I'm done.

What happened to the show?! Can the writers rewatch Murder House and go back to that format?

Perhaps a little "horror"? A little story intertwined in? A little mystery to keep you watching?

Just terrible.

I said I was done after Roanoke, but I DVR'd this and watched 3 episodes last night.

Now I'm done.

What happened to the show?! Can the writers rewatch Murder House and go back to that format?

Perhaps a little "horror"? A little story intertwined in? A little mystery to keep you watching?

Just terrible.
I think just ending the show would be a better option!

Worst. Season. Ever. And I hated Asylum and Coven so that is saying something. Swearing and gore for shock value instead of adding to the story line. Evan Peters did great recreating the cult leaders, but that was the only bright point.

OMG -- THAT WAS IT! What a ridiculously predictable ending. I figured she was going to turn out that way after she killed Ivy. So basically she's Kai.

I agree -- I hated Roanoke the most -- and this topped the ridiculousness of that season. The MOST torture and blood and guts and swearing and degradation of all seasons put together. If they weren't dismembering someone, they were torturting them or doing the pinky control mind whatever the hell that was option.

Now I'm done.

Just terrible.

If you all remember, Ryan Murphy said last year that his next storyline was going to take place on a haunted cruise ship! I thought that would be great and couldn't wait. Then the elections and his apparent disdain for how it unfolded and he suddenly announced that the next season would be about the election! I knew it was going to stink at that point -- but not this bad. What a tremendous waste of talent. But I guess they saved a fortune on not having to pay writers since the whole season didn't have one plausible storyline! I am so glad it is over -- it truly was torture to get to the end.

The worst thing in the final episode, watching Kai demonstrate on the pregnancy dummy, how to kill both mother and child. Ugh, made me want to hurl!!!!!!!!!! And where was Oz while all this was going on?

The worst thing in the final episode, watching Kai demonstrate on the pregnancy dummy, how to kill both mother and child. Ugh, made me want to hurl!!!!!!!!!! And where was Oz while all this was going on?

Where was Oz for a lot of the show. Nice that Ally found a new girlfriend so fast to help out. When the show strated and Kai was in jail, I was so confused and thought I had missed an episode. One thing wasn't clear -- actually most of the season had no clear agenda -- but what was the purpose of their plan to kill 100 pregnant women? I didn't understand what the end goal was for that?

Where was Oz for a lot of the show. Nice that Ally found a new girlfriend so fast to help out. When the show strated and Kai was in jail, I was so confused and thought I had missed an episode. One thing wasn't clear -- actually most of the season had no clear agenda -- but what was the purpose of their plan to kill 100 pregnant women? I didn't understand what the end goal was for that?
I know Oz was missing for most, but that part of the show was in his house, ugh.
Kai wanted to kill the pregnant women to enrage people or something like that. Again, ugh.

I know Oz was missing for most, but that part of the show was in his house, ugh.
Kai wanted to kill the pregnant women to enrage people or something like that. Again, ugh.

And there you have it -- the viewer's take from this season.........."to enrage people or something like that"...........because the so-called storyline jumped everywhere and had no common ground or link. UGH is right.

I'm most glad I don't have to see one more close-up scene of Kai's eyes bugging out!

Last edited:
I just caught the last episode and I turned it off before the very end. So I assume I missed the twist.
There was a moment in the middle of the season I was starting to like it, but then it just lost me.
I suffered through Roanoke, now this one, I don't think I'm going to bother watching the next season unless it is reminiscent of Murder House.

I just caught the last episode and I turned it off before the very end. So I assume I missed the twist.
There was a moment in the middle of the season I was starting to like it, but then it just lost me.
I suffered through Roanoke, now this one, I don't think I'm going to bother watching the next season unless it is reminiscent of Murder House.

And I thought the first 2-3 episodes of Roanoke were getting the show back to its original greatness.

Only to find out that was not the case...

And I thought the first 2-3 episodes of Roanoke were getting the show back to its original greatness.

Only to find out that was not the case...

There were elements of Roanoke that I liked, but there were more that I disliked. I do like the ghost themed ones so much better than anything else.

There were elements of Roanoke that I liked, but there were more that I disliked. I do like the ghost themed ones so much better than anything else.
This was the first season that didn't have some type of supernatural element, and that disappointed me also. Not that it would have helped.

It started off so well. Finally had that "creepy" vibe.

Then it went off the rails.

Cult never even started on the track.

Looking back, really only season 1 was great. Season 2 had its moments, then all the rest really just fell terribly short, culminating on this latest one's extreme terribleness.

And still I'll watch at least one episode of the next one....

I actually enjoyed Roanoke more than most did. The midseason twist on that one was fun, and I really don't mind gore too much. I could stomach it better than this entire season of Cult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter