Air Fryer ?

dreamin_disney

DIS Veteran
How many of you have an air fryer. What are pros and cons? Please let me know what brand you have and how much you paid for it. I'm thinking about getting one for home and one for my DD. She will moving into an on campus apartment in August. Thanks in advance

I've been thinking about getting one, too. Interested in hearing what others think.

I love my air fryer! It was my husbands idea and I wasn’t really on board to start...
Just made a whole chicken in it on Wednesday. It’s so much more convenient than the oven. We make sausage, hot dogs, fresh cut fries, baked potatoes, bacon...not to mention all the frozen food (chicken nuggets, breaded green beans....)
I have 2 teenagers and it’s so easy for them to use. I don’t have to worry about them turning off the oven.
It’s without a doubt the best kitchen purchase we made. Got a great deal on it at Best Buy on a deal of the day (they run them quite frequently)
Today we are trying grilled ham and cheese sandwiches!

We have a Power Airfryer that my husband bought a couple of years ago for approx. $100. I was skeptical, but it was a great purchase. We use it more than any other kitchen gadget and we're still finding new ways to use it. It's wonderful to warm up leftovers (especially from a restaurant) and almost any frozen food items. The kids use it for pizza rolls, chicken nuggets or strips, or any snacky frozen food. I love it for making our own chicken strips or chick-fil-a copycat sandwiches from fresh chicken. Fried (fresh) green beans are really good... and I'm going to try corn-on-the cob soon (heard it's really good) and homemade jalapeno poppers. Frozen french fries are a quick dump in the basket and hitting a couple of buttons. About halfway through cooking times I'll give the basket a shake or flip things as needed. Cleaning isn't hard... I usually let the basket soak in the drawer with some water and dawn and it cleans up pretty easy.

Should you buy it for your daughter? Yes. When my son moves out, I plan to give him one.

I have the Go Wise 3.7 Qt and I purchased it at Home Depot. However, I only bought from HD because I had won a $50 giftcard to HD and I don't have one locally, so when I decided I wanted an air fryer it seemed like something easy to ship from there and I could save myself some $$ since we don't make major purchases there to put it toward. I really like ours for convenience foods like pizza rolls and stuff. I think it would be awesome for more complex things too but I had admittedly never taken the time to play around with that side of things. I have zero regrets buying it though and I have no issues with the model I have.

We have a Power Airfryer that my husband bought a couple of years ago for approx. $100. I was skeptical, but it was a great purchase. We use it more than any other kitchen gadget and we're still finding new ways to use it. It's wonderful to warm up leftovers (especially from a restaurant) and almost any frozen food items. The kids use it for pizza rolls, chicken nuggets or strips, or any snacky frozen food. I love it for making our own chicken strips or chick-fil-a copycat sandwiches from fresh chicken. Fried (fresh) green beans are really good... and I'm going to try corn-on-the cob soon (heard it's really good) and homemade jalapeno poppers. Frozen french fries are a quick dump in the basket and hitting a couple of buttons. About halfway through cooking times I'll give the basket a shake or flip things as needed. Cleaning isn't hard... I usually let the basket soak in the drawer with some water and dawn and it cleans up pretty easy.

Should you buy it for your daughter? Yes. When my son moves out, I plan to give him one.
My DD was in a dorm last year and had a meal plan. This fall she will be in an apartment with no meal plan. She's no cook and has a busy schedule . I was trying to get her to learn some healthy meals but some take prep time. College kids love their chicken strips, grilled cheese, hot wings etc. Hopefully she does some of the healthy meal preps I've been teaching her this summer. I'm also doing healthy eating so air fry chicken, fish, shrimp and veggies might be good for those I need to make a quick dinner

I have the Go Wise 3.7 Qt and I purchased it at Home Depot. However, I only bought from HD because I had won a $50 giftcard to HD and I don't have one locally, so when I decided I wanted an air fryer it seemed like something easy to ship from there and I could save myself some $$ since we don't make major purchases there to put it toward. I really like ours for convenience foods like pizza rolls and stuff. I think it would be awesome for more complex things too but I had admittedly never taken the time to play around with that side of things. I have zero regrets buying it though and I have no issues with the model I have.
I was gifted a small oil deep fryer, even though its small, it still uses a lot of oil :/ I think I've only used it 2-3 in the 10 years lol!

I bought one off QVC last year and love it. We are still learning new things to cook in it. I love grilled cheese!

Hopefully she does some of the healthy meal preps I've been teaching her this summer. I'm also doing healthy eating so air fry chicken, fish, shrimp and veggies might be good for those I need to make a quick dinner

The healthier aspect was DH's motivation to buy our air fryer. He had heart surgery two years ago and "fried" anything ceased to exist in his diet and this house. As I said, I was skeptical about it but I've been surprised. The only oil I ever add is maybe a quick spray of olive oil to something. Most foods come out like they've been fried without all the oil.

I bought my wife a Bestech air fryer for $89 last Christmas. I've never used it. She and my daughter love it. Mostly things like french fries, and cooking frozen breaded fish filets.

Does it work differently than a convection toaster oven? I have been toying with getting one, but it seems very similar to a toaster oven which I already have and use a lot.

The healthier aspect was DH's motivation to buy our air fryer. He had heart surgery two years ago and "fried" anything ceased to exist in his diet and this house. As I said, I was skeptical about it but I've been surprised. The only oil I ever add is maybe a quick spray of olive oil to something. Most foods come out like they've been fried without all the oil.
I want one for health reasons. I'm trying to get healthier. I try using the oven a lot but its to hot. Have you made any veggies in it?
I bought my wife a Bestech air fryer for $89 last Christmas. I've never used it. She and my daughter love it. Mostly things like french fries, and cooking frozen breaded fish filets.
My DD will love it for fries, chicken strips , frozen fish. Does your wife and DD make veggies in it?

I want one for health reasons. I'm trying to get healthier. I try using the oven a lot but its to hot. Have you made any veggies in it?
My DD will love it for fries, chicken strips , frozen fish. Does your wife and DD make veggies in it?
They haven't yet.

I bought an air fryer over a year ago. Couldn't wait to use it. Used it a couple times then tried French fries a few times and was NOT impressed. Ended up selling it.

I bought an air fryer over a year ago. Couldn't wait to use it. Used it a couple times then tried French fries a few times and was NOT impressed. Ended up selling it.
The french fries are amazing done in our air fryer.

Also curious about the comparison of a convection toaster oven and an air fryer. I've been thinking about getting one of them, just don't know which would be more useful but don't think we have room for both.

We have the Power Airfryer XL (As Seen on TV) at Kohls for about $80. It has been fantastic. We've just had it since the spring, but it has been fantastic this summer to keep from turning the oven on and heating up the house. I mostly do fries and tots in it, but have done brats that turned out great, pierogies, chicken tenders, Texas Toast Garlic bread, and I'm sure a few other things I can't remember. Everything we have done has been really great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!