Air Fryer ?

I got one for Christmas and the whole family loves it!!!

Frozen chicken nuggets are ready in 6 minutes, and taste like restaurant quality!

Okay. DD tried making banana bread in the air fryer yesterday. Took forever, and not so good texture. Tasted great. But better than firing up the oven on a 97 degree day.

I have the large 2 layer actifry - it's amazing. I use it all the time. I can do meat and a side in it. I got it with points because I was concerned I might not use it as much as a thought I would. I didn't need to worry. Just used it tonight to do boneless sweet and sour pork chops and a rice and veggie stir fry. Set the timer, it beeps when I need to add the other (less cooking needed) layer. No fuss.

I have the large 2 layer actifry - it's amazing. I use it all the time. I can do meat and a side in it. I got it with points because I was concerned I might not use it as much as a thought I would. I didn't need to worry. Just used it tonight to do boneless sweet and sour pork chops and a rice and veggie stir fry. Set the timer, it beeps when I need to add the other (less cooking needed) layer. No fuss.
do you have a link to your fryer? I was looking for a nice large one.

DBF and I were gifted one last Christmas from his parents. It took a little bit of a learning curve but now we love making things in it. Fave is french fries.

Looks like a nice one but out of my budget. I ended up getting a power fryer XL from Sam's Club. $119. Now I need to find a decent one for my DD that's in college. Should I go with knobs or digital for her? She will have 3 other room mates. I know my DD will take care of it but not sure if the other girls will use it so I don't want to spend to much $$ on it

I used my air fryer for the first time. I made bacon wrapped jalapenos. 1st batch to crispy but the rest came out good. I have the power air fryer xl. I need a smaller one for DD so I wonder if the same brand had one a bit smaller

FYI- Target is having a great sale. 25% off of small appliances. They have the original T-Fal Actifry (not the double decker) for $140. With the 25% off and my RedCard it comes out to about $100. Considering I paid $180 on sale about six years ago it’s a sweet deal. Mine gave up a few weeks ago and my DD has been after me to replace it ever since.

some things I never thought to cook in an airfryer but it actually works really well:

steak (you sear it on the grill and finish it in the airfryer)
hamburgers (just use lots of ventilation for this)
tortilla chips (really, rip up a tortilla and put it in there for like 3 minutes, flip as needed)
reheating pastries
reheating fast food
reheating churros!!!! (nothing more tragic than a churro gone stale)

Getting fruit-soggy cake to be warm and crispy
putting that finishing crunchy touch on mac-and-cheese or casseroles in little ramekin dishes

making any vegetable brushed in olive oil and sea salt an amazing culinary moment. I discovered corn on the cob in the airfryer this weekend... OH MY gamechanger!

some things I never thought to cook in an airfryer but it actually works really well:

steak (you sear it on the grill and finish it in the airfryer)
hamburgers (just use lots of ventilation for this)
tortilla chips (really, rip up a tortilla and put it in there for like 3 minutes, flip as needed)
reheating pastries
reheating fast food
reheating churros!!!! (nothing more tragic than a churro gone stale)

Getting fruit-soggy cake to be warm and crispy
putting that finishing crunchy touch on mac-and-cheese or casseroles in little ramekin dishes

making any vegetable brushed in olive oil and sea salt an amazing culinary moment. I discovered corn on the cob in the airfryer this weekend... OH MY gamechanger!

Which airfryer do you have?

They are pretty big and can be difficult to clean bits out of the cooking screens. If your daughter has to share kitchen space, I would take that into consideration.

I love bone-in chicken breasts cooked in it. Most any veggie drizzled with olive oil and a little seasoning. Anything frozen that should have a crispy outside is good.

Mine is a 3 qt, but that is seriously misleading. The basket barely has room for 2 bone-in chicken breasts. I have not yet figured out what I could cook for my whole family of 4 at one time in it which is my biggest frustration. Plus the thing is huge--cannot fit it into the cabinets, and DH hates having it out on the counter. It sits on the dryer instead!

There is a HUGE difference in the different air fryers!
We had one for a while and then bought one for our daughter in her first apartment in college and neither were as great as the toaster oven/air fryer/convection oven that we have since replaced them with.

They are a bit of a pain to clean, but as many others have suggested, soak it to help with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!