Air New Zealand new sky couch

Constant

Mouseketeer
We have thought about using our points to visit Grand Californian and would love to visit Southern California but have always been put off by the flight time. After all we would have to fly 'past' Orlando to get there right? But with Hawaii looming my DW is excited by visiting when it opens.

Air New Zealand which flies London to Los Angeles has just announced the economy 'sky couch'. Basically it is three window side economy seats where "large flip-up cushions fill the space between the end of the seat and the next row of seats" effectively creating a bed for 2. They indicate that for a couple the third middle seat will be available at half price.

This would be amazing and says available from 2011 for London just in time for DVC trip to Hawaii?? :thumbsup2 Wouldn't it be great for Orlando routes as well? Just looked at Oct this year to LA from London from £180 a person so may be cheaper than Orlando? Would be a cheaper option than PE

Oh yeah and for geeks like me even talk of iPod/iPhone video integration and Video On Demand as well!

http://blogs.wsj.com/middleseat/201...igns-flip-up-cushion-to-make-bed/tab/article/

and youtube walk through mock cabin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBg2oZ9qToc&feature=player_embedded

Blown away
Steve

Saw this & it looks good - apparently you pay for 2 seats plus half price for the 3rd one - wonder how comfortable they are? :)

Does look good but even with a normal seat it's still well worth visiting California. There's just so much to do!

Phil :)

I've had a trial lying down on one and, whilst it's pretty comfortable (they put a thin mattress down over all the seats so that you don't feel the gaps), it will be tight fit with two adults "spooning" each other as one of their faces will be almost touching the back of the seat in front once that person put's their seat back! However, would still be lovely to get your feet elevated like that in economy class. I think it's best for an adult and one or two children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter