Airconditioned place for lunch in AK

MrsG

<font color=peach>We teachers ARE the worst!<br><f
We'll be in AK for early opening and are looking for an airconditioned sitdown (doesn't have to be fancy) place for lunch. Any ideas?

Thanks friends

We enjoy eating at Tusker House. They have baked salmon with green beans and rice or potatoes. They also have other dishes that are tasty. Even though it is a counter service, they have a large seating area that is air conditioned. The food has always been good. I have also enjoyed Pizzafari. I have heard good things about Flame Tree, but have never eaten there. I am not sure about their air conditioned area.

Flame Tree BBQ is my favorite restaurant in AK, however it does not have an air conditioned eating area. The eating area is outside in a covered pavillion down by water so it is a little cooler, but when it's 90 degrees with 100% humidity, a breeze doesn't help much!

Another place to try is Restaurantosaurus, they have a large air conditioned dining room. The food is okay, McDonalds nuggets and fries and other sandwiches.

Hope this helps!

Kristaprincess:

My favorite place indoors is Pizzafari. Never had the pizza there, so I can't comment on that, but they have a hot Italian deli sandwick that I love!

Pizzafari is my favorite for lunch at the AK. The pizzia is great.

Another vote for Pizzafari here. The Childs Meal Deal is a fantasic deal. For $5.99 there's 3 vouchers -- childs meal w/drink; soda/water in bottle; and ice cream or popcorn. The childs pizzas are 7" -- think Pizza Hut personal pan size -- and delish! We noticed at Flame Tree BBQ where we bought the vouchers, childs meals were pb&j or mac&cheese, blech.
We bought 4 childs meal deals early in the day so we could get waters (DS's were able to get Powerades with the beverage voucher), then went to Pizzafari later for lunch. Then had icecreams for dessert. :tongue:

My votes go to Tuskers and Restaurantasaurus. I've usually found the food at Tuskers to be very good and the burger bar at Restaurantasaurus is good as well. I expected it to be all McDonald's food, but it's better. Plus, the atmosphere at that one is a lot of fun.

The Tusker House is air conditioned, the food is great and the portions are generous. Since it is right next to the safari, it is a great place to have lunch while waiting for your FP time.

We usually go to Tusker House...It passes the DW test, and that's saying a lot. :rolleyes: I go for the rotissarie 1/2 chicken.

We usually eat at Tusker House (which can get crowded) because the food is so good and fresh. This past May we ate at Pizzafari and thought it was good. Its very large inside with lots of dining rooms, so getting a table was never a problem. The thing we found surprising was the number of characters inside the restaurant. When we first walked in, DH went to get the food and I walked toward the back to find a nice, quiet table. Well, lo and behold, the back room had Chip & Dale in it. No one else in the restaurant even knew they were there. They spent a lot of time with the few kids in the room. Later, as we ate, Chip & Dale wandered out, and that big Ant Movie guy wandered in (I don't know his name). It was like having a character meal without the character meal price!! :D

When we go to AK, we usually go to Rainforest Cafe for lunch. The kids like the atmosphere.
:hyper:

I'll second Rainforest cafe. It is a must do for us. However what Ireally prefer to do is a late breakfast at Donalds breakfastosaurus (last seating is about 10:30 I believe) then we have a snack lunch. We wait until closing and have dinner at Boma's at AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter