Airfair from Seattle

sigafoos

Mouseketeer
I have not posted in ages but have been reading and living through others trips! We want to send our daughter to WDW for graduation and the airfair from Seattle is high!! We will try to use our airmiles but her friend will be going with her and I want them to fly together so the cheapest flight for her may not be a travel partner for us! I'm at a loss what to do I know that a limited amount of travel awards are allowed on flights so I cant wait too long to book but if we wait and find a deal maybe we should pay for our ticket?! Any thoughts as to whether there might be a deal in June for flights? Or were the best place to look for cheap air?
Thanks, its good to be back!!
KIm:)

These are a few of the most popular sites online:expedia.com, orbitz.com and travelocity.com
I like to use SideStep.com. It is a search tool that will search all major and some not major airlines and show you all available during the dates you want to travel, with prices. It is a small download and it's free.

RobinLyn :)

I fly to Orlando at least once per year and never pay much more that $200 round trip. They still may come out with reduced prices after April. I find it cheaper to fly to WDW than to Disneyland. I always check Travelocity then book with the airline.

Good Luck

I agree...We have been to Orlando twice in the last two years and we paid $174.00 (AmericaWest) and $135 (Priceline-UsAirways) from Sea-Tac (SEA) to Orlando (MCO).

It was nice to get the low price via Priceline...But our return flight was at 6:00 am!

I now would rather pay a little more and be able to pick my airlines/flight times...especially when traveling across the country.

They should go back down soon... I just saw a low price a couple weeks ago.
Travelocity.com has FARE WATCHER that will notify you when prices go back down.

Good Luck...
:jester:

I checked orbitz every 3 or 4 days when the rates dropped to $201, I snatched 'em up! Then the next day they dropped to $169 - my friends all know if they want low rates to always buy after me :) Good Luck!

I have a question though - I always fly out after 10pm - has anyone flown at night since September? If so, what kind of crowds/lines should I expect?

I think it will very difficult to book award travel to Orlando at that time, Orlando and Hawaii seem to be the most popular destinations for awards from Seattle and you really have to book them early. I haven't checked out the prices, but have you looked at Southwest, they have the friends fly free promotion going on right now and I believe that travel is still good in June. Just have to watch out for the number of stops on those flights though. We have rarely paid over $200 in the past several years to Florida, last November we paid $120 RT on United, cheaper than going to Anaheim.

I booked a USAirways flight for 177.50 for the middle of June from Travelocity.

Try America West. I got a great fare for August from Portland, Oregon to Orlando. You're lucky being able to leave from Seattle. You have better rates than we do here. Must be because SeaTac is a larger airport! Good luck!

we got our airfare (seattle to orlando) for 175.00 pp rt on Delta - this was back in February for our May trip...

the day we finally decided to book - the fare jumped up to 369.00 pp rt - ouch! but I kept searching a day further out at the time until the 175.00 fare came back and then changed the dates back one day at a time until for some reason the 175.00 fare was there for the original dates. (very strange - I booked the air instead of having WTC book it - she couldn't get the fare on her system).

Delta has a direct flight to Orlando (thru Dallas/Ft. Worth) from Seattle that goes at 12:45 am and then a direct return flight at 6:15 pm (thru Salt Lake City) from MCO. It might be a good way to send two recent grads to WDW - no chance of not making connections etc.

I did check fares a couple of weeks ago and for our May dates - the price had come back down to $220 pp rt. It pays to keep checking.

sounds like a great grad trip!

-LA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter