• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airfare - DFW to Orlando $170

going2wdw

Praying for peace
Just finished purchasing my tickets for the Convention in November. They were $169.50 and have been listing at about $230 - $270. I imagine other cities on Delta routes may find similiar savings.

US Air, Delta and Northwest all have discount fares through Sep! You have to hurry and book a flight though because the seats are going FAST! We booked Birmingham, AL to orlando a couple of weeks ago at $125 round trip! We checked on Expedia and got $108 + tax, but they didnt have the dates we wanted (weekend flights were all booked up) - then I checked on US Airs site and they had seats on the right dates. I held the resy online and called an agent to book the flight. The flight times are late at night and early in the morning, but the agent worked with us to get a flight in at 10:45 PM instead of the after midnight flight we had online. Will be the first time my DD has ever flown too :)

Note: When booking on Delta, make sure you dont get a flight on ComAir, their contract carrier - they are on strike!!!

Cant wait for July!!!!!

Sheila:bounce:

going2wdw- Did $170 include taxes and surcharges? The cheapest I'm finding is $250 on travelocity and $180 on hotwire.

$169.50 (total, including all fees) is still available on DFW-MCO at delta.com. The random dates I chose were 7/24-7/31, both Tuesdays. Oftentimes, the lowest fares are limited to certain days of the week.

The 169.50 is the total. They were Wed-Fri and a friend got some for a Oct trip. I found them on expedia but purchased on Delta.com

I purchased four tickets from DFW for the first week in June about 3 weeks ago for $223.50. I called this morning and I will receive four travel vouchers from Delta for $54 each. This boards are great. I keep finding more ways to save money on my trip to WDW.
Thanks!!:D

I just checked for our flight since we are also going to be there about the same time. YIKES!!!!!!!!!
It said $1600 per person. I have NEVER bought airline tickets before. I have been checking around as best I can, but I can never find any flights that I can afford. I'm certainly going to need some help on getting mine at a reasnonable rate. I've been complaining about $350, guess that beats the heck out of $1600!:mad:

Hi FostrMom :) Where do you fly out of? I just went to expedia and put in OK City to Orlando leaving 16 July and returning that Fri to see what came up and there were some round trips for $252. I realize that's not $162 and the info may not help you because I didnt have a clue what dates and times you are traveling.. , but if you are flexible on the date and are flying out of a major airport there should be better fares for you out there.

I also came up with this on US Air's site when I put in Oklahoma city to Orlando and clicked on the flexible box. Looks like the fares are good through 26 Oct :)

USD 198.00 (Plus applicable charges*) Round-Trip
American Airlines
offers connecting service Advance Purchase: 07 days
Latest Travel: 26Oct01
Earliest Return: 01 days
Rules
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Continental Airlines
Rules
Delta Air Lines
Rules

Keep trying! Im just sure you can get a better price on your tickets :)

Sheila

I checked online and we are going in Sept. (the 14th until the 22nd) and I got a rate of $165 with Delta!
That is a Friday departure and a Saturday return trip. Before that the best rate I found was $208. This is from Detroit to Orlando. Thanks for the tip! Add that to the great savings on the room and we are well on our way to savings lots of $$

It's still too early for our trip I guess. We are going Nov 27 and return Dec 2. Thanks for the tips, but I will more than likely be still asking for help when it gets a bit closer. Gerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter