• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Airfare for May ????

treloarf

DIS Veteran
We're looking to go for a long weekend (Sat - Tues) from Pgh. the first weekend in May. When is a good time to book air? Right now it's $220 - I'm assuming for May it will probably come down. Anyone know? Thanks

I can't answer your question but I am looking too. I can fly out of Pitt, Akron or Cleveland and the cheapest I can find for a long weekend in May or June is $186 on Airtran. Everyone seems to freak out when I mention Airtran. I'd like to fly out of Cleveland (on Continental) but the flight is almost $300 per person. I'm going to keep checking the different sites everyday hoping for something a bit more reasonable. I hope the price comes down for both of us!

We fly out of Pittsburgh and Cleveland a lot. If you can get non-stop from Pittsburgh to Orlando for $220 or less, jump on it. Especially if the days and times are good for you. If you wait another month or 2, more than likely the prices wil only go higher.
A lot of times it isn't worth the aggravation of checking the internet every day just in case it goes down a little.;)

Why on earth does everyone freak when you mention Airtran? We have a very good friend that works for the FAA, he swears by Airtran and flies out of Akron to MCO on them whenever he can! I just wish Airtran flew out of DTW instead of Bishop Airport in Flint!

I think ALL airlines have to think safety first now and flying is still the safest way to get anywhere!

pin
remember the magic
DVC/BCVs 2002

If you want to go on Saturday morning, jump on it now. Those flights book up fast, especially now that they (USAir) have eliminated the 8:00 flight.

One thing concerns me about Airtran - if they are not filling seats on a selected route, they may just stop service. For example, they stopped service from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia on a short notice. USAir dominates PIT and the low cost carriers don't survive (Spirit, National, Vanguard all pulled out on short notice).

I just checked for the am flight from Pgh - over $600 - that seems impossible to me. The next one (direct) is at 1:00 & gets in around 3:30 - that kills a whole day.

I din't think DIsney was popular in May!!!

Saturday mornings are popular to travel to FL. I wanted the 11:30 flight for last May on the first Saturday and it was originally coming up over $700 when I first checked it in the fall. Then one night in February I checked it and it dropped to $180! So it may come down if there are alot of open seats. It's harder now that they eliminated the first morning flight (it was around 8:00am), so more people want the 9:30. You may want to look at Friday evening and getting a cheap hotel near MCO, I did that once.

Wow.

I am glad I booked my flights for May yesterday (220$ RT out of Burlington Vermont)! I was worried that I would miss a better fare, but the peace of mind is worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter