Airfares to Orlando from Sydney

Meemoo

DIS Veteran
Hey there,

Considering venturing over to WDW for the first time - 2 adults, 2 children (10 & 12) What is a good price in terms of airfares from SYD-Orlando for mid November?

Thanks!!

I would have thought you would be lucky to find one as low as $1000 unless you managed to snaffle a super sale and probably should expect to pay from $100 to $500 more pp? I think the cheapest we have managed over a few trips just before or after the Christmas peak has been $1200. Our last trip in late Jan was around $1300.

Keep an eye on skyscanner for good prices. We flew Syd-Dallas with Qantas - couldn't recommend highly enough. (can't recall price, we went last Jan). Spent a couple of days in Dallas then American Airlines to Orlando. Suggest finding a different US airline as they were v average.

My DP and I have traveled from Melbourne to Orlando for the last couple of years and have a trip booked for January 2019, most of our airfares have been around the $2000 mark each for return airfares.
Usually gets us from Melbourne to Orlando with a stopover at LAX, flying Virgin/Delta. Haven't had any issues with them apart from a couple of late flight changes but they still got us where we needed to be.

I know the pilot website currently has sales to LAX on a various number of airlines for Oct / Nov as does Sky Scanner, I saw some Qantas ones for $1050pp to LAX or $1400 to Orlando, Air NZ had some to Orlando for $1500, some people on FB have said they got some for $900 but there's lots of good deals out there to be had for Oct and Nov currently.. just need to find them.

Also keep in mind your 12 year old will be classed as an adult on most airlines as the ages are 2-11.

We normally pay about the $1500 price point, but it all really depends on the time of year you go, who has what sales on and a whole range of other factors! If you know when you are going, start watching prices as soon as you can with Skyscanner and the like, so you know when a good deal comes along. Last year, we got return via Auckland and Houston in PE with ANZ for cheaper than their economy seats on the same flights purely because there was a PE sale on! If you’re willing to do the extra flights, you can sometimes get a cheaper flight too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!