Airline Resort Check In Question

disney1971girl

Earning My Ears
Staying at POFQ , flying SouthWest. My flight leaves at 8:30pm. Can I drop my luggage off as soon as Resort Airline Check In opens in the morning or can it only be 12 hours before flight departure?
Since it is my last day I would like to be at the park before it opens to soak up every minute of Disney that I can.

As long as it is the day of your flight and at least 3 hours before your flight you can check your luggage with RAC at the resorts. Since they are only open from 5 am to noon, many people need to drop their luggage for late flights before going to the parks and would be outside the 12 hour window.

I know that years ago there was a 12 hour window, but I have not seen or read about that in a number of years.

As long as it is the day of your flight and at least 3 hours before your flight you can check your luggage with RAC at the resorts. Since they are only open from 5 am to noon, many people need to drop their luggage for late flights before going to the parks and would be outside the 12 hour window.

I know that years ago there was a 12 hour window, but I have not seen or read about that in a number of years.
Thank you!

If we have a 6:40 AM flight, can we drop it the day before by noon? Trying to figure out how not to wait to check our bags.

If we have a 6:40 AM flight, can we drop it the day before by noon? Trying to figure out how not to wait to check our bags.

I asked this last year, and the answer is no - they have to be checked Day of. So sadly you'll have to take your luggage with you!

Your luggage can only be accepted the say of your flight. If you go first thing in the morning, like around 7 AM, you can easily check-in and then get in line for your bus.

No way around it. If you have a 6:40am flight, you will have to take your bags with you, to MCO, and check them there. Basically, if you have a flight prior to 8:30am, it's going to be difficult to use RAC. The counter opens at 5am, and you have to be walking away no less than 3 hrs prior to your flight. It takes about 10 mins to get checked in, but that doesn't account for any wait times.

It's been posted RAC now requires luggage check-in 4 hours prior to your flight. I don't know if that's a request or is computer enforced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter