Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Working my 6 Rexall $10.00 off coupons today:
$10.95
$10.96
$10.86
$11.16
$11.38
$10.95
I did it,,Ottawamom suggested playing a game where I try to get close to $10.00 and not over.
I actually took a bit of cash with me because I didn't want to have to use my debit card 6 times.
Lots of Scotties Tissues (on sale 6 pack $3.99) x 2 $10 spends
Lots of Cashmere Toilet paper (on sale ,$3.99 each) x2$10.00 spends
Tresemme botanicals Hair shampoo
Ginger ale (on sale $3.99 6 pack)
12 pack water Nosh & Co.
A few chocolate kit kat Easter bunnies.
The cashier was impressed how close to the coupon amount I came each time.
Thanks for the idea Ottawamom.!

Hugs
Mel

I hate shopping and I just find if I can somehow make it into a bit of a game it's a little more interesting. Way to go! You did very well. I bought 2 Easter Bunnies 4.99 each. Needed something to get me over $10. There was a box of Toffife on the counter $2.79 with a $2 off coupon on them. I got one of those. With taxes I was in for $2.15 (the taxes always get me) I guess I should have gone for cheese and milk then I would have been more successful with the game.

I went to Sobeys and wasn't thinking I would hit the spend $125 get 125 but we bought some things I wasn't planning on so spent $127 (yup just made it) and earned the 125 bonus miles along with my spend $125 get bonus 40 miles for a total of 202 miles. We were just under so added a bottle of windshield wash fluid and boom got over the $125 spend. My brother is happy with the shopping as he got his Nando's Spicy P (Pascal Siakham) hot sauces.

Hoping to get a decent haul when I go out this evening for the shopping! Shell has been good to us so I hope I can get a good return at Safeway too!

Can't seem to find the answer but what is the next yearly bonus event?

I believe it would be Mega Miles sometime in March/April? Anything after that?

We are trying to hammer on the airmiles to get the bulk of hotels covered for our Europe Trip in 2021 (have enough right now for our 4 days in Paris/Paris Disney!) We need a few things from Lowes that I might space out across events to maximize the bonuses!

Can't seem to find the answer but what is the next yearly bonus event?

I believe it would be Mega Miles sometime in March/April? Anything after that?

We are trying to hammer on the airmiles to get the bulk of hotels covered for our Europe Trip in 2021 (have enough right now for our 4 days in Paris/Paris Disney!) We need a few things from Lowes that I might space out across events to maximize the bonuses!
Mega Miles (the last few years) has been anywhere from March through May. The next event after that was an online shopping event in July (Christmas in July) followed sometimes by Back to School (or Pack to School) in August/September. Then nothing until Shop the Block.

Airmiles has added in a few Bonus Boom events they can be good for 1-200AM. In terms of ongoing earning your best bet is Blue Fridays at Sobeys/Safeway. If you plan accordingly (and they offer things you can use) you can earn several hundred AM in a day.

As with everything these days, this is all subject to change going forward. The past is no guarantee of future promotions.

Why do I have this feeling that there will be a Blue Friday at Sobeys & Foodland next Friday? Probably because I will be 1 day post surgery and unable to participate,,,dang,,,but here's the question,,,would you trust your son to go shopping for you?:crazy2:
Hugs
Mel
I would never trust my DD, but is you DS Airmiles trained? Mine failed to put the right items for scanning ($10 over $50 by mixing up items for two different purchases) and laughed at me as I was struggling to scan all my coupons at Rexall. Not helpful at all! :sad2:

I would never trust my DD, but is you DS Airmiles trained? Mine failed to put the right items for scanning ($10 over $50 by mixing up items for two different purchases) and laughed at me as I was struggling to scan all my coupons at Rexall. Not helpful at all!

Well he does seem to listen to me but will he actually show that he was listening to me is another subject,,,lol.
Hugs
Mel

Why do I have this feeling that there will be a Blue Friday at Sobeys & Foodland next Friday? Probably because I will be 1 day post surgery and unable to participate,,,dang,,,but here's the question,,,would you trust your son to go shopping for you?:crazy2:
Hugs
Mel

I agree, it likely will be a Blue Friday. I will be in a Canadian Citizenship ceremony for DS's girlfriend in the morning. I can still take-off after that and get to the store but it won't be at my usual store opening time.

I would trust my son to go only if I made up a very specific detailed list. Of course this is the kind of list I do a Blue Friday Shop with anyway (not quite awake when I shop) I even list the items in order of where they are in the store.

IE.
Becel 907g $4.99 (2) +30 (translates as Becel margarine size 907g price is $4.99 purchase 2 and get 30AM)
Lays Chips 280g 3/$5.00 (6) +100

I put all this in a spreadsheet if I'm going for a threshold spend so I can easily keep track of my purchases. (forgo the threshold spend if it's someone else doing it.) If you limit your shop to a few key must haves he should be able to manage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter