Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Mega Miles (the last few years) has been anywhere from March through May. The next event after that was an online shopping event in July (Christmas in July) followed sometimes by Back to School (or Pack to School) in August/September. Then nothing until Shop the Block.

Airmiles has added in a few Bonus Boom events they can be good for 1-200AM. In terms of ongoing earning your best bet is Blue Fridays at Sobeys/Safeway. If you plan accordingly (and they offer things you can use) you can earn several hundred AM in a day.

As with everything these days, this is all subject to change going forward. The past is no guarantee of future promotions.

Great thanks! Gonna try and be more conscious of the airmiles deals going forward but limited to mostly sobeys. Nothing else really around. I have some decent offers on my sobeys app this weekend so hoping to pick up a few hundred today.

I agree, it likely will be a Blue Friday. I will be in a Canadian Citizenship ceremony for DS's girlfriend in the morning. I can still take-off after that and get to the store but it won't be at my usual store opening time.

I would trust my son to go only if I made up a very specific detailed list. Of course this is the kind of list I do a Blue Friday Shop with anyway (not quite awake when I shop) I even list the items in order of where they are in the store.

IE.
Becel 907g $4.99 (2) +30 (translates as Becel margarine size 907g price is $4.99 purchase 2 and get 30AM)
Lays Chips 280g 3/$5.00 (6) +100

I put all this in a spreadsheet if I'm going for a threshold spend so I can easily keep track of my purchases. (forgo the threshold spend if it's someone else doing it.) If you limit your shop to a few key must haves he should be able to manage.

Thanks Hon
If there is one then I'll give him an itemized list with directions and hey what the worst that can happen right.
Hugs
Mel

Mikamarii
sometimes Blue Friday at Sobeys can be just as good as a Airmiles promo.
This is my last Blue Friday at Sobeys.
Hugs
Mel

18 Jan 20
SOBEYS ONTARIO
MISSISSAUGABONUS REWARD MILES+1,200

Happy Shopping
Hugs
Mel

Just back from shopping -- takes many more stops now to get what i can eat, at the best price <sigh>
Metro -$75.23 snagged 38 miles (mainly from garbage bags and targeted offers)
Zehrs - quick stop for 6 bags of frozen blueberries that are on sale for $2.99 no points but maybe it will trigger offers?
Costco - a massive hunk of salmon that will do me till maybe Tuesday morning - $34.76
Small bulk store downtown - bottle of glucose (FINALLY found some!) $5.29
Rexall - used up our 2 $10 coupons, spent $2.15 in taxes and got toilet paper, dish soap (one for the sheets to get out the gross head sweat :P ), cheese & a bag of almost expired licorice for hubby @bababear_50 0 fat btw!)

Now to get back to my pictures and post more in my personal thread!!!!

soup.jpg
Hello all, I'm super behind on this thread, but I wanted to share this deal before it expires (in 2 days, sorry!)

(I'm up early on a holiday because today is Fastpass booking day!!!!)

It's about the weekly Blue Bonus item in the Sobeys flyer, Campbell's Chunky Soup (buy 10 at $2.50 each, get 95 AM). I noticed while in the store, that there is a separate Campbell's AM offer on when you spend $15.00 total on their brand of products). So... you could do as I did and double dip getting 10 cans. You will spend over $15 and earn the 25AM plus the 95AM.
Of course, your miles may vary if your soup doesn't cost the same as in NS/Atlantic. But check if your store has this second deal on (see photo for the in-store signage I found).

ETA: I got all the Fastpasses I wanted! Maybe not as early in the day as I was trying for, but I got them all!

Last edited:

OK, I'll bite -- why Guelph in March? And which hotel (we have a couple i wouldn't tell my in-laws to stay in :rolleyes1 )
University competitions run every weekend in March. I'm probably going to book the Holiday Inn because the event is at the Delta and we NEVER stay where the event is....it just gets noisy an chaotic. We stayed at the Hampton last year but the price is $40/night more and I'm paying far too much to stay in Scarborough for the other weekend I had to book. Normally we would just do one weekend in a hotel (it's been a girls weekend tradition for years) but the schedules this year are terrible with late nights and very early mornings. There are also large gaps in the day so the hotel gives me a place to go and hang out......the mall could end up costing more than the hotel

Man, I wish air miles released flights earlier! Right now, the latest they start at January 6, 2021. That means, I won't be able to book flights (or my cruise) until almost 6 weeks AFTER my one-year date of travel for April 2021. I'm concerned that the cruise fare is going to go up between now and then. I don't like booking anything until I know my flights are confirmed. I've been monitoring the Carnival Breeze cruise for a few months now and it hasn't budged price wise. That's a good and bad thing, potentially.

Man, I wish air miles released flights earlier! Right now, the latest they start at January 6, 2021. That means, I won't be able to book flights (or my cruise) until almost 6 weeks AFTER my one-year date of travel for April 2021. I'm concerned that the cruise fare is going to go up between now and then. I don't like booking anything until I know my flights are confirmed. I've been monitoring the Carnival Breeze cruise for a few months now and it hasn't budged price wise. That's a good and bad thing, potentially.
It’s interesting! I am the other way around. I‘d like to book cruise and hotels first then book flights. When I book flight first, I lose the flexibility of adding or subtracting days from the trip plan. Sometimes things come up and itinerary may change. I usually check flight fare a year out so I have an idea about the price range. This helps to decide if it’s better to spend days pre-cruise or post-cruise budget-wise. However, sometimes flights are the cheapest when they first become available for booking. Then I may book flights first.

If the flights are substantially more expensive for one cruise, they could be much cheaper for another. Unless I am 100% married to a particular cruise, I go when it’s over all more affordable.

If the flights are substantially more expensive for one cruise, they could be much cheaper for another. Unless I am 100% married to a particular cruise, I go when it’s over all more affordable.
I see. I am less flexible with travel dates, only school holidays. I would pick a cruise with the cheapest price then plan from there. Looking forward to travel flexibility once I retire!

Pixie dust on getting your flights and happy planning!

Just check with your travel agent to make sure that the cruise deposit is refundable (most are)

Thought I’d mention this for those who won the Round-Up Contest. Got my prize gift cards from the Round-Up Contest today! Anyhow, they were sent out by “Rep Fulfillment Corp” in Pickering, via Purolator. In very small print on the last line of the return address it says “Ref: Dept 4071-Air Miles” which was the only mention of Air Miles on the entire package. No cover letter. Just a bit peculiar, but I’ll take it!

Hello lovelies. So I’m still new at AM and looking for expertise.
we do t have credit cardso i love you our AM card. Currently we have enough for at least one 1 day 2 park universal ticket (2500) AM.
wondering if that is an all year deal as we aren’t going till October/ November.
Also what is best way to maximize to get enough for one more ticket? Boys are 11&13 when we go but they are considered “adults” -yeah come stay at my house this is NOT the case! lol
Anyways any tips would be great.
as always TIA
Kat

The Universal park offer is usually on the Airmiles site. It can go away for a while but it always comes back. If you have enough for 1 ticket and you are guaranteed going, I would pick up the one ticket while you can..

Collecting more miles. Blue Fridays are your best bet right now. If you shop the big ticket special deals you can easily get 7-800AM. Many here get above 1000AM on a Blue Friday. You're lucky to have two eating machines in your house.

There will likely be another "big" promotion March/April/May sometime. Likely worth 1000AM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!