Airmiles Armchair Chatter

They look a lot like mine which are reusable and washable. (I paid the original price) Love them. I am so tired of all the plastic bags right now!

Thanks Hon
Yeah the plastic is so crazy.
I am going to try a early morning in and out at Canadian Tire to get some.
It looks like I could wash my produce and then just hang it to dry.
The price looks good tooo!

Thanks hugs
Mel

But will the stores let you use them? I know that if you bring your own shopping bags at Sobeys you have to pack your own groceries so maybe they won't let you use the produce bags. Maybe check with your store first but the price is a good deal for those bags.

But will the stores let you use them? I know that if you bring your own shopping bags at Sobeys you have to pack your own groceries so maybe they won't let you use the produce bags. Maybe check with your store first but the price is a good deal for those bags.

True
Another use I am thinking about and NOT something that has been ok'd by my Board Of Ed,,
therefore I was hesitant to post it here..................
Just a bit of proactive planning here. Ignore me because I plan months in advance.lol.
I develop for children with special needs:
1) Task boxes (cardboard)
2) Busy bags (plastic)
3) Activity learning containers.(plastic)
Going forward I am going to need to develop containers which can be for single use (one child),and then washable following use.
Hugs
Mel

Thanks Hon

Thanks hugs
Mel
I'm very anti-plastic but now I grab a long chain of produce bags when I get to the store and put ALL my produce in bags. I feel like I've got a clean bag and then I can put it all straight into the fridge when I get home. Where I live they will take the produce bags in the recycling so at least that helps.

I spent my 140 to get AM. But I won't have to get anything for two weeks. I think. 90% of people were wearing masks. And I couldn't find a couple things but found others instead. Now I have to make the two week meal lists for kiddo to choose from and we are all set.

Okay, this isn't so much about air miles as it is a little rant.

We've booked WDW the last week of October/first week of November for my daughter's 30th. With everything going on right now, we can't decide what to do. We're trying to keep a 'wait and see' attitude here, but given the announcements last night (no DDP, no ADR's, no FP), it's been difficult. What's the point of even trying to go this year? I doubt Disney is going to give any incentives to keep our reservation.

We purchased 7 day passes and passes for MNSSHP through air miles, and have already assigned them on my MDE app, so not even sure if we can get a credit or extension of some sort on them.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer - I'm trying to keep a smile on my face for my daughter's sake, but it hasn't been easy.

We've booked WDW the last week of October/first week of November for my daughter's 30th. With everything going on right now, we can't decide what to do. We're trying to keep a 'wait and see' attitude here, but given the announcements last night (no DDP, no ADR's, no FP), it's been difficult. What's the point of even trying to go this year? I doubt Disney is going to give any incentives to keep our reservation.

We purchased 7 day passes and passes for MNSSHP through air miles, and have already assigned them on my MDE app, so not even sure if we can get a credit or extension of some sort on them.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer - I'm trying to keep a smile on my face for my daughter's sake, but it hasn't been easy.
Not to add to your misery but with the announcement that the ports will be closed to any ship carrying more than 100 until October 31st, it makes me wonder if the borders to the US will also stay closed. Personally, with their disregard of rules, that would not surprise me. We need to keep Canada safe before all else.

Not to add to your misery but with the announcement that the ports will be closed to any ship carrying more than 100 until October 31st, it makes me wonder if the borders to the US will also stay closed. Personally, with their disregard of rules, that would not surprise me. We need to keep Canada safe before all else.

True enough. We’ll keep waiting and seeing.

Personally, I'm one the believes it doesn't matter what day something is celebrated. Do it today or do it 2 months from now...makes no difference the point is that you do it. My gut felling is that vacation travel outside of Canada will not happen for us until 2021. So maybe you move your trip to celebrate DD's 30.5 birthday. No matter what, it will be the most memorable year of her life.

Disney has been VERY good about all of this. I would not worry too much about losing anything on your tickets. If you feel like you will feel safe traveling in October then def wait and see what happens over the summer.

I thought I read on our Canadian board somewhere that our Canadian tickets that were to expire December 2020 have been extended to 2021. Nothing shows up in MDE on mine yet. Can anyone confirm if the deadline to use has been extended? Trying to figure out what we will do as well.

I checked by tickets and they now expire September 26, 2021. These were dated tickets with the original dates of September 5-13 and September 6-15, 2020. This is excellent but I am paranoid they're going to change them back. Given the current situation I am really leaning towards cancelling this September and booking for next September (or perhaps Spring). So hopefully they remain with the expiry into September 2021.

I have three 1 day tickets already linked to me and my sons. Just checked and the one linked to me has been extended to Sept.26, 2021 but the boys tickets still expire Dec.15, 2020. I'm guessing it will get fixed at some point but i'll keep an eye on it.

Anyone else get the email from The Bay? I wonder if they are still allowing points to be converted to Air Miles? The FAQ has a few more bit of info about the new program.
I haven't received any email from the Bay that states that.
I just shopped online at the Bay and I got some air miles that say redeemed HBC points automatic so I guess it was still working on May 27th and when I check my HBC account it comes up as air miles redemption.

I looked at the rewards website and it doesn't look like the new changes will happen until August so I guess we won't know if there are any airmiles changes until later.
Hudson’s Bay Store Launch Dates:
Tuesday, August 4:
Yorkdale, ON, and Anjou, QC
Thursday, August 6: Mississauga, ON; Bramalea, ON; Woodbine, ON; and Erin Mills ON
Monday, August 10: Stores in Nova Scotia; Quebec; Ottawa, ON; Orleans, ON; and theBay.com
Wednesday, August 12: Stores in Ontario
Thursday, August 13th: Stores in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, & British Columbia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter