Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Not that I shop at the Bay too often, but I did have some points in my account... and the purpose of those points was to use them on a gift card. UGH not cool. And if they stop working with AM, I will have even LESS reason to buy from them. :(

I just officially cancelled our trip. Still need to deal with AM/Air Canada for the flight, and decide if I'm rescheduling or refunding Discovery Cove, but everything else is done. I'm trying to look on the positive side, and think that by next year I should have enough airmiles for dessert parties and after hours! Or maybe our hotel instead of using cash. Back to collecting!

I just officially cancelled our trip. Still need to deal with AM/Air Canada for the flight, and decide if I'm rescheduling or refunding Discovery Cove, but everything else is done. I'm trying to look on the positive side, and think that by next year I should have enough airmiles for dessert parties and after hours! Or maybe our hotel instead of using cash. Back to collecting!
Let me know how you make out with AM/Air Canada. They told me they are sticking with the two year window even though Air Canada is leaving everything as non expiry.

Personally, I'm one the believes it doesn't matter what day something is celebrated. Do it today or do it 2 months from now...makes no difference the point is that you do it. My gut felling is that vacation travel outside of Canada will not happen for us until 2021. So maybe you move your trip to celebrate DD's 30.5 birthday. No matter what, it will be the most memorable year of her life.

Disney has been VERY good about all of this. I would not worry too much about losing anything on your tickets. If you feel like you will feel safe traveling in October then def wait and see what happens over the summer.

Just spoke with DD, and we've agreed to postpone until October '21. I'm going to give our TA a couple of weeks, then if I haven't heard from her I'll email and ask about rescheduling. I don't know if she'll be able to help us with the passes we purchased thru air miles, or if I'll have to contact Disney or air miles to have them extended / refunded.

Let me know how you make out with AM/Air Canada. They told me they are sticking with the two year window even though Air Canada is leaving everything as non expiry.
So much continues to change weekly. I wonder if they might not change their opinion on this in the future. The agent I spoke with a week ago said it would be several weeks before they were able to make a decision on the Non-expiry issue. If they get pressure from collectors they may see the error of their ways.

I just crashed in 1000 airmiles to get $100.00 in Uber Eats vouchers. It's my oldest sons Birthday coming up and I was stumped for ideas other than a Amazon Gift Card.

He did get a new forever friend last week,,yeah I'm a new Kitty Nana,,such a sweetie.
Miles is his name.
Today I got him (my son) a new Covered Kitty litter Box from Global Pets and got a few airmiles ,,
It was a surreal shop,,
I never even went in the store,,
drove up,,called number posted on the door,
man came to door,,I told him what I'd like (yelling across parking lot...lol)
,,came back 2 minutes later,,showed me 3 styles from the doorway
,,passed baggie out the door (on a stick) for my airmiles card,,
stuck the card reader out the door for contactless charge
and put my purchase on a table in the doorway.
picked it up,,, put it into the car and disinfected my hands.
Came home and washed.

Definitely a new way of shopping!!!
My middle son says it reminds him of a old Country General store where you don't touch stuff you just tell the person what you want.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Definitely a new way of shopping!!!
My middle son says it reminds him of a old Country General store where you don't touch stuff you just tell the person what you want.

Hugs
Mel
OOH like this one in Greenacres & Petticoat Junction!! (huh, apparently Beverly Hillbillies too!)

Or from Little House on the Prairie!

I'm sad to hear that you had to cancel. I feel like our trips seemed to mirror each other based on our posts. I have been trying to hold out hope but, like you will be cancelling soon. I will try to take from your positivity. Never thought of buying dessert party or extra hour events tickets using AM. Happy collecting and happy planning for next year!

Am I better off waiting to cancel our flights closer to the dates (Nov 28-Dec 5), in order to get the full 2-year booking window? I booked them in January 2020...
That is what the AM agent suggest to me. My flight are not till October so he suggested end of Sept or early Oct. I just hope they still honor it then.....

With the lack of AM bonus promo and issues with the use of vouchers from cancelled AM flights, I am thinking of jumping ship to Aeroplan. My Aeroplan flights were cancelled right away with no problem and points going back to my account instantly. If I cancel my December trip, my AMs for the flights are a write-off! Feeling sad about my hard earned AM!

With the lack of AM bonus promo and issues with the use of vouchers from cancelled AM flights, I am thinking of jumping ship to Aeroplan. My Aeroplan flights were cancelled right away with no problem and points going back to my account instantly. If I cancel my December trip, my AMs for the flights are a write-off! Feeling sad about my hard earned AM!

Hi Hon
I know what you mean,,I have a bank of Westjet dollars/and Westjet credit and it might take 2-5 years before I am able to use them, if at all. (That is if they stay in business).
I've been slowly spending off all my airmiles on vouchers and merchandise.
:heated foot massager
:5 at home new movie voucher
: percale cotton sheets
:Uber Eats vouchers
: Starbucks vouchers
: Magformers building set.

I am looking for a better and different credit card now,,Westjet is not doing it for me.
So sorry ,I know how long and hard it is to save/accumulate airmiles.
On a positive note PC Optimum is earning me a good value right now and on everyday things I usually buy too.:love:
Hugs to you
Mel

Last edited:
**** Note to Airmiles ****
Your new home web page is Boring!!
Worst than Google classroom!
Ok message delivered!
Thanks
Mel
I detest it. I can't even get on with regular consistency. I get this message when I use my saved link:
Something went wrong
We're experiencing technical difficulties. Please check back shortly.

In the end, I have to go back to airmiles.ca and then hit sign in and maybe it works then.

AM just took 95 cash miles away from me.... they had shown as SHELL FOOD BANK - I did not know what they were but they took them away?!

Hi Hon
I would definitely call or chat with airmiles,,that just sounds wrong.
I don't think Shell has anything to do with the donations they are taking.

Here is what my $50.00 donation looks like.
cost me 500 Airmiles.
1591133645589.png
$50 Food Bank Donation

Quantity:1

*** And how are you feeling**?👶 Just a caring and curious check in.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter