Airmiles Armchair Chatter

So if I go into my Airmiles account and view my Rexall offers and then hit GET OFFER does that mean it is loaded to my card? If so then if I go tomorrow to buy the 2 boxes of granola bars offer I loaded, I will get the bonus 25 Airmiles and the 4 Airmiles for that offer? Sorry new to this. I am loving reading all of your posts! Thank you!

Ooops sorry I see AngelDisney gave you good advise.
Hi Hon
go here
sign in and load your offers
https://loadandgo.airmiles.ca/#/guest/login

hope that helps
Hugs Mel

So if I go into my Airmiles account and view my Rexall offers and then hit GET OFFER does that mean it is loaded to my card? If so then if I go tomorrow to buy the 2 boxes of granola bars offer I loaded, I will get the bonus 25 Airmiles and the 4 Airmiles for that offer? Sorry new to this. I am loving reading all of your posts! Thank you!
First things first :welcome:to the Airmiles Hunt and it looks like you're a fairly new DIS-er as well, welcome to the family :D

You got your answer already -- I would suggest going in every other Friday and loading all the offers to your card even if you think you might not want to buy the item .. plans might change, someone might get sick, or it might end up being on sale & have bonus miles in the flyer as well letting you do some double-dipping!

Glad to have you along, don't worry about asking questions someone will always be happy to answer. Be sure to pop back in and report your successes!

No, I don't believe that the offers on your airmiles account that say "get offer" are the load and go offers that will get you 25 bonus points.

You have to go to the load and go website like bababear said and then you have to click on "load to card".

Last edited:
Hi Hon
Now this is a traditional list
Most stressful Life Events:
  1. Death of a spouse: 100
  2. Divorce: 73
  3. Marital separation: 65
  4. Imprisonment: 63
  5. Death of a close family member: 63
  6. Personal injury or illness: 53
  7. Marriage: 50
  8. Dismissal from work: 47
  9. Marital reconciliation: 45
  10. Retirement: 45
I think
Getting a child ready for College/University should be at the top of this list. Hugs to you!
Mel

Thanks! I'm dealing with some big work changes at the moment and just on Friday I had an in depth conversation about all that with my business partner who happens to be my mom. She's a somewhat silent partner....I don't really care how silent she is or isn't (I own 90%). Anyway, we have to make some changes that involve hiring some new staff as well as firing some that are not maintaining our standards. This is very significant to the future of the business as well as my personal work load. I'm feeling a little stressed about all of it and then I have to deal with my baby moving away from home and all that that includes. My mom doesn't get it and can't see why I'm dragging my feet a little at work. I kept telling her that it's just a lot of changes and it's all happening at once. I feel overwhelmed which is not at all like me. Just last week I realized that school starts in barely more than a month. My DD has been stuck to me like glue since she was very small. I can't imagine not seeing her every day. Although, there have been days when September can't come soon enough.....gotta love the teen attitude.
Don't you think #7 should probably be in the #1 slot? :rotfl2:Actually.....raising a teenage girl should be #1

Totally agree! It's like buying stuff for a second home. DD is going in 3rd year this September and wants a fridge for her place in London Ontario. We are coming back the day before Labour Day meaning I have to get a fridge for her now in the midst of getting two sets of MNSSHP costumes ready, buying things for the trip including a cruise, applying for DD's passport and packing. Her Nexus card just got approved last Friday. On top of that I have to drive DM around for medical checkups and get work done for my Korean class. Get ready for school in September? I will try to get to that. :duck:
Funny, just yesterday on our way home from Ikea I though to myself I'm basically starting a second home. I asked her to make a list of what she would need and she has filled 5 pages in a small notebook. I'm now wondering how we will get all this stuff to school and how she will fit it all in her dorm room. I have a feeling we will have to take two cars on move in day. I'm going to she if DH can borrow something larger than my SUV from work on that day.

Thanks! I'm dealing with some big work changes at the moment and just on Friday I had an in depth conversation about all that with my business partner who happens to be my mom. She's a somewhat silent partner....I don't really care how silent she is or isn't (I own 90%). Anyway, we have to make some changes that involve hiring some new staff as well as firing some that are not maintaining our standards. This is very significant to the future of the business as well as my personal work load. I'm feeling a little stressed about all of it and then I have to deal with my baby moving away from home and all that that includes. My mom doesn't get it and can't see why I'm dragging my feet a little at work. I kept telling her that it's just a lot of changes and it's all happening at once. I feel overwhelmed which is not at all like me. Just last week I realized that school starts in barely more than a month. My DD has been stuck to me like glue since she was very small. I can't imagine not seeing her every day. Although, there have been days when September can't come soon enough.....gotta love the teen attitude.
Don't you think #7 should probably be in the #1 slot? :rotfl2:Actually.....raising a teenage girl should be #1

Funny, just yesterday on our way home from Ikea I though to myself I'm basically starting a second home. I asked her to make a list of what she would need and she has filled 5 pages in a small notebook. I'm now wondering how we will get all this stuff to school and how she will fit it all in her dorm room. I have a feeling we will have to take two cars on move in day. I'm going to she if DH can borrow something larger than my SUV from work on that day.

I always wanted a daughter but got three great sons,,BUT lord I have learned so many things over the years.
1st They will always come back home--believe me!
2nd They will miss you just as much as you miss them!
3rd They will tell you that the extra (blah blah blah ) you told them to pack(that they argued about packing) was great and they really appreciate you making them pack it.
4th They really appreciate all the mom things you've been doing that they now have to do.(cooking,laundry,cleaning etc.).
Think of it as a Grand Great New Adventure.
email often
text often
send care packages often
snail mail a card
send airmiles e-gifts-starbucks,pizza pizza,Ultimate dinning card.
And remember the holidays will be here soon and they will arrive home with a "Bag Of Laundry" and a few stories to share.
stick this note in her book
e3ebf201ad56ae8b095b118752317b3d--mommy-quotes-mom-sayings.jpg

My go to is a good cup of tea and a nap,,,or ice cream.
Best wishes to you in the work reorganization,I know it can be very stressful but you will make the best and right decisions that you can.
Hugs Mel

I always wanted a daughter but got three great sons,,BUT lord I have learned so many things over the years.
3rd They will tell you that the extra (blah blah blah ) you told them to pack(that they argued about packing) was great and they really appreciate you making them pack it.
4th They really appreciate all the mom things you've been doing that they now have to do.(cooking,laundry,cleaning etc.).
email often
text often
send care packages often
snail mail a card
And remember the holidays will be here soon and they will arrive home with a "Bag Of Laundry" and a few stories to share.

Best wishes to you in the work reorganization,I know it can be very stressful but you will make the best and right decisions that you can.
Hugs Mel
What DD hates the most is when mom is right! Lol!!
Love the pic! Saving it for one of DD's down days!!

No, I don't believe that the offers on your airmiles account that say "get offer" are the load and go offers that will get you 25 bonus points.

You have to go to the load and go website like bababear said and then you have to click on "load to card".
Ooops sorry I see AngelDisney gave you good advise.
Hi Hon
go here
sign in and load your offers
https://loadandgo.airmiles.ca/#/guest/login

hope that helps
Hugs Mel
I didn't know about that link. Ok now I get it. Thanks!

First things first :welcome:to the Airmiles Hunt and it looks like you're a fairly new DIS-er as well, welcome to the family :D

You got your answer already -- I would suggest going in every other Friday and loading all the offers to your card even if you think you might not want to buy the item .. plans might change, someone might get sick, or it might end up being on sale & have bonus miles in the flyer as well letting you do some double-dipping!

Glad to have you along, don't worry about asking questions someone will always be happy to answer. Be sure to pop back in and report your successes!
Thanks for tip, I will do that. I went today and got the spend $50 get 100 airmiles. I will go back and get the other offer tomorrow.

OK so thanks to all those who advised the tickets won't expire! We will probably go back in 2019, or 2020, if I can get us free tickets and free flights through AM!

On average how many AM for flights from Ottawa-Orlando?

3400/3500 or so. I have a BMO AM World Elite M/C which I pay an annual fee for. I get 25% off airfare in North America so I'm paying in the 2500-2600AM per roundtrip Ottawa - Orlando (in the lower season). You can end up paying a lot more for flights but if you plan far enough ahead and wait for the right flight you can get direct flights each way for the amount quoted above.

Right now I'm waiting for a direct flight Orlando - Ottawa to show back up on the website. It was there a few weeks ago and I know it will come back again. I may have to wait until December but that's ok I'm patient. Actually I still need to save more AM for it.

I absolutely understand where you are coming from. Two summer ago this was me getting dd20 ready for school. The only way I could describe it was grief. It was just such an official and huge change for us. I didn't walk around weeping or writing poetry or anything, I was just sad. I tried not to make it too obvious . Then there was the worrying we would forget something, or she wouldn't be ready. We weren't even getting along so hot at the time because she was stressed and being snotty and defensive about everything... but it was all pretty hard.

The good news? It became our new normal fairly quickly. Even though I missed her it wasn't that dreadful sad feeling I had leading up to her leaving. It won't feel this hard forever, I promise.

It's an exciting time, and an exhausting time and it's just plain hard. Sending strength to you. Oh.. and buy fans for her room. I thought we would die moving dd in to her suite. It was like a sauna. It stayed like that for a few weeks and the kids really needed those fans just to sleep.

OK so thanks to all those who advised the tickets won't expire! We will probably go back in 2019, or 2020, if I can get us free tickets and free flights through AM!

On average how many AM for flights from Ottawa-Orlando?

It's 2800 per person in low season and 3500 per person in high season. However it can be more. And if you book one-way each way it's more as well.

I just booked a one-way flight to FLL for December, for 4708 AM for two of us. However it's direct and the flight is apparently quite popular as it is over $1200 one-way for two. It was worth it for me. But man that was a lot of air miles!

Also, the direct flight there didn't show up unless I was only looking at one-way flights. So you sometimes have to play around with it to get what you want. And one day it's there, the next it's gone, then it's back again! I can't figure it out to be honest, but I check pretty much daily. Well now I can't because I have to save up again :)

I agree it's supposed to be 2800AM to Orlando rountrip but I haven't seen those AM since I booked my trip for December 2016 way back in March 2016. The website always comes up saying there are no flights in that range.

On a positive note my AM posted for Mega Miles and they were included in my Airmiles count for the year when I checked last night.

email often
text often
send care packages often
snail mail a card

Hugs Mel
You made me cry...thank you so much for your words and wisdom. I will absolutely hide that note in her things.

I absolutely understand where you are coming from. Two summer ago this was me getting dd20 ready for school. The only way I could describe it was grief. It was just such an official and huge change for us. I didn't walk around weeping or writing poetry or anything, I was just sad. I tried not to make it too obvious . Then there was the worrying we would forget something, or she wouldn't be ready. We weren't even getting along so hot at the time because she was stressed and being snotty and defensive about everything... but it was all pretty hard.

The good news? It became our new normal fairly quickly. Even though I missed her it wasn't that dreadful sad feeling I had leading up to her leaving. It won't feel this hard forever, I promise.

It's an exciting time, and an exhausting time and it's just plain hard. Sending strength to you. Oh.. and buy fans for her room. I thought we would die moving dd in to her suite. It was like a sauna. It stayed like that for a few weeks and the kids really needed those fans just to sleep.
This is sooooo us right now. It hadn't occurred to me that it might be because of school. She appears to be super excited about leaving home but maybe that's just on the outside.

Last week I bought her one of those little turbo fans because I remembered that every room we toured last fall had one. We have an extra at home if she needs more. Thanks.

Ok friends
a bit of Rexall stacking help
So I went to load and go
1.checked the spend 40 get 60
2. the email spend 40 get 60
3. did the survey 5 dollars off
I am not sure where to get the 25 extra load and go?
Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!