Airmiles Armchair Chatter

How do I use the airmiles website spend $100 at Sobeys get 100 AM? Will it just do this automatically if I spend $100?

I spent $90 there yesterday and forgot that was an offer, but at least got about 120 AM. Not the best week...

The Sobeys offer isn't until August 25th anyways.

You had to spend $200.00 at any gas station on any purchase --- we just barely squeaked by because we drive a Honda Fit. Had to exchange the propane tank so did it there!
Was it just for July? I haven't got my 400 points yet. :sad2:

Was it just for July? I haven't got my 400 points yet. :sad2:
It was from June 1st to July 31st. Ours posted on this month's billing cycle -August 16th. The unfortunate part of these offers is the following terms & conditions buried deep within the fine print:

This Bonus Miles offer may take up to 2 billing cycles to appear on your statement and up to 90 days to be posted to your AIR MILES Collector Account, after you have completed the eligible purchases. American Express is responsible for fulfillment of this offer. LoyaltyOne, Co. is not responsible for this Bonus Miles offer.

Someone
else has mentioned trying to follow up with AMEX and they will not budge until the full 2 cycles have past. Airmiles won't even touch this :(

Help with a bigger purchase

electros3xAm_plus_PX_EN.JPG

PC1_plus_taxAppliances_ROC_EN.jpg

PC3_plus_15pc_250_EN.jpg

https://www.rona.ca/en/top-load-washer-with-quick-wash-cycle-43-cu-ft-white-30005330

Can I get all three of these deals or do i have to choose one,,I printed the get 3x airmile coupon out.

Edited to add I just realized the 15% is online only and the one I want is not available online.dang
I called Rona and they said even though this ad pops up on the appliance page the 15% does not apply for appliances? wow kind of baited me in here I feel.

Thanks for any help
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Just home from our weekly Metro trip and had a pretty decent haul (not compared to Rexall or Sobeys offers but decent!)
  • Sponge towels $3.99 each buy 2 get 15 AM
  • Glad wax melts $4.49 5 AM
  • Febreeze car freshener $4.49 each buy 2 get 5 AM (not terrific but we buy it anyway!)
  • Brita water filter pack of 3 $19.99 -20 AM
  • Oikos Greek yogurt $4.49 buy 2 get 20 AM
  • a couple of targeted offers = 15 am
Total bill was $132.72 --86 AM BUT if we take just the cost of the AM products that is
$53.41 for 86 AM and I'm happy with that :D

Rexall - in experience, has anyone had any luck using a Spend X get X bonus AM as well as the posted spend thresholds in the flyer / on AM app?

I have a coupon from the new Barrhaven store flyer "Spend $40 get 80AM bonus" only valid Aug 21-24.

And then from July 21-24 per the app it says spend $40 get 60 AM bonus, which I have loaded to my card.

I hope this stacks!!

Just got home from Rexall (even though I wasn't planning to go until tomorrow) since we were completely out of coffee. New Barrhaven store. Completely dead. 2 employees. Maybe 2 other customers. Nice new store!

I decided to take advantage of the Spend $30 get 30AM. Dawn dish soap was 2.99 ea + 10AM when you buy 2. And then Starbucks ground coffee was an un-advertised sale $8.99 each, and I had 2 coupons for $1.00 off each! Worked out perfectly. Walked out with 41 AM for $26.28 and my receipt says I saved $36.40 :)

Rexall - in experience, has anyone had any luck using a Spend X get X bonus AM as well as the posted spend thresholds in the flyer / on AM app?

I have a coupon from the new Barrhaven store flyer "Spend $40 get 80AM bonus" only valid Aug 21-24.

And then from July 21-24 per the app it says spend $40 get 60 AM bonus, which I have loaded to my card.

I hope this stacks!!
I hand over every single coupon i have ... until they stop posting on my account I'm gonna keep doing it! The only coupon i can't stack in my stores (consistently anyway, there is 1 cashier in 1 store who will *figure it out*) is the $5.00 off survey coupon. Even though the printed coupons do tend to say they can't be combined with other offers including load and go ones, it still worked last week.

** you should also be able to use the e-mail coupon which someone will post tomorrow (and I'll move to the first post once it does show up!)
Have at it!

Help with a bigger purchase

electros3xAm_plus_PX_EN.JPG

PC1_plus_taxAppliances_ROC_EN.jpg

PC3_plus_15pc_250_EN.jpg

https://www.rona.ca/en/top-load-washer-with-quick-wash-cycle-43-cu-ft-white-30005330

Can I get all three of these deals or do i have to choose one,,I printed the get 3x airmile coupon out.

Edited to add I just realized the 15% is online only and the one I want is not available online.dang
I called Rona and they said even though this ad pops up on the appliance page the 15% does not apply for appliances? wow kind of baited me in here I feel.

Thanks for any help
Hugs Mel
Yes but the middle one is almost 156% with them paying the taxes. And if this is Rona, take it to Lowes and they almost always price match and have AM too.

After looking over the Rexall flyer yesterday I decided there were enough items we needed so I made the 15 minute trip there. Between a few basic grocery items (milk, eggs, bread); clear liquids my husband will need soon (apple juice, gatorade, ginger ale); household items needed (soap, toothpaste, dish liquid, shampoo & conditioner); and a lunch treat for today (pizza and 4 bottles of A&W root beer :)) I was done.

$73.41 pre-tax gave me 3 base miles and 118 bonus miles = 121

On to Metro. I grabbed 2 sponge towels for 15 AM, 2 cans pineapple for 5 AM, 2 danactive yogurt drinks for 20 AM and 2 activia yogurts for 20 AM. A couple of other small items.

$40.05 pre-tax gave me 2 base miles and 60 bonus miles = 62

So overall I spent $113.46 and ended up with 183 Air Miles. I'm happy as I only purchased two items we really did not need but it's a nice treat for us today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!