Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Heads up for anyone who shops at the Whitby Sobey's location!

You know how the flyer says Campbell's Chunky soup $1.99 each x 4 = 20 Air Miles? Well, in the store they have tags attached to the soup shelf saying Buy 2 Get 10 Air Miles. I was puzzled by that but figured what the heck. It still adds up to buy 4 get 20 Air Miles.

I purchased 4 soups and received 40 Air Miles!!! The 10 Air Miles rang in twice (2 soups = 10) plus the 20 Air Miles (4 soups = 20).

There must be both the FLYER offer (buy 4 get 20 AMs) and IN-STORE offer (buy 2 get 10 AMs) at the same time!

Wish I had realized that while I was in the store. I would have grabbed another 4 or 8 cans. It's a 20 minute driv so I'll have to see if I'm back that way this week.

Sobeys doesn't own Metro?? They are Safeway, Foodland, Freshco etc ... Metro is Metro. But yes, not too many actually out there in competition for our money.

Regarding the trip planning -- yeah, in the same boat here, we need to earn a lot more miles if we're going to go ANYWHERE

Yes yes you are right about the Metro thing. But yes you understood the gist of what I was trying to say! :D

Believe me, all this week I have heard from my DD and DH about "you know... about this time last year, we were eating at a Character Meal... and we were in a line for that other ride" and I'm like "STOOOOOP!" pure torture! D:

Well, an alright shopping trip. Bought mostly produce, so not many extra airmiles. But not bad. $55 at rexall and 110 AM's. $110 at sobeys and 134 airmiles.

Another question. Just curious what other people do.
If you are saving up AM's for something in particular, do you only save? or do you occasionally redeem a small amount (ski ticket, etc)?
Just a debate my husband and I were having. Was curious what everyone else does.

I'm waiting patiently for the StB points to post so I can book flights for my April trip :) After that I will start saving for Disney tickets and flights for a (hopeful) trip next year. However there is this lovely underseat bag that I really want. So I may redeem for that, after the flights. Maybe a hotel for April too? Yeah, Rexall and the rest better step it up :) I need more airmiles!!

Well, an alright shopping trip. Bought mostly produce, so not many extra airmiles. But not bad. $55 at rexall and 110 AM's. $110 at sobeys and 134 airmiles.

Another question. Just curious what other people do.
If you are saving up AM's for something in particular, do you only save? or do you occasionally redeem a small amount (ski ticket, etc)?
Just a debate my husband and I were having. Was curious what everyone else does.

I mostly save my airmiles for a big family trip (flights and tickets). I have budgeted how many AM I will need and when I will need them. Based on that, I have a target AM to collect each week to keep me on track. If I earn more than my target, bonus. We use up those bonus AM for other things that come up while I'm saving for the big family trip.

I’ve given up being able to save enough for the other two WDW tickets but if the STB bonus miles come in soon, I can get one of the two. AM out here on Vancouver Island have been cruddy recently, no Safeway and no AM at BCLiquor so I am down to just Thrifty Foods, Rexall and Shell all of which have been pretty dry.

In the past I was saving for WDW tickets. Now I am saving for our 20th anniversary trip in 2020. My ultimate goal would be to have enough AM for flights to Tokyo. Plan B is plane tickets for Honolulu to stay at Aulani and plan C is tickets to Paris to visit Paris Disneyland.

Question for those of you who have received the 150 AM for the online shopping during StB, did your individual transactions post from the stores? I have the 50 that was due on Tuesday coming (cut that down to the wire didn't they?!?!) but not the 150 -- on either card. My base miles are all due by the 24th of Feb and the bonus miles (did all during Black Friday/Cyber Monday) by Feb 8th. This is what held up my StB last year AND my Mega Miles in May ... thinking i will forgo the online shopping during any of these promos from here on out. The stupid things post fine during other times so i obviously know how to do it -- almost like the system HATES ME!! :P Bummer is that this is the 7th coupon on my new card and if they don't post I'll be more than a tad annoyed that i even opened that account.

My account didn't receive the 150am either but I knew it was coming. Two Lowes and one Roots shop did not post so I was short for 3 confirmed transactions, I had three other shops but two were Amazon. I am waiting for the 60 day mark to go after the Roots airmiles and will request the 150am then, the Lowes ones will be a few weeks later. I have been buying from Lowes all year (we are renovating) and haven't had any other issues.

I was looking after other accounts as well and each had 3 postings and received the 150 ams. However, I'm short points from Sportchek on my husband's account and Canada Post didn't post to my son's. Last year I was missing airmiles from The Bay, LaSenza and Lowes and after a lot of hassle ended up receiving about half of them. This year's shortage is 108am plus the 150 = 258am.

Hope getting this corrected will be hassle-free for both of us.

Yes yes you are right about the Metro thing. But yes you understood the gist of what I was trying to say! :D

Believe me, all this week I have heard from my DD and DH about "you know... about this time last year, we were eating at a Character Meal... and we were in a line for that other ride" and I'm like "STOOOOOP!" pure torture! D:

OMG ..FB memories is killing me right now --- i had attached dates to all of my pictures when i uploaded them so I'm looking at 3 weeks of daily reminders of what i was doing last year. Exactly one year ago we were watching fireworks in the MK cause we thought the most appropriate place to be on Inauguration Day was Fantasy Land :P
upload_2018-1-20_22-9-29.png

Off topic: I have a bunch of those clear, dollarama rain ponchos. Anyone use these? Do they tear easily? Will I be to reuse them? Just wondering if I should "splurge" on the $4 ponchos LOL

Just wanted to add that I opened one the cheapy ponchos and holy crap it is BIG! I am only 5'1" and it goes down to my ankles and it is essentially a tarp LOL But I will definitely be dry! I guess I will have to cut the length for hers.

I am so impressed with myself that I got it to fit back into that tiny pouch

Exactly one year ago we were watching fireworks in the MK cause we thought the most appropriate place to be on Inauguration Day was Fantasy Land :P
View attachment 296794

We thought the best place to be was back across the border, safe at home in Canada :) But we did get up early, decorate the house in USA stuff, and had an Inauguration Party! My poor DD named the individual in question, sighed in annoyance, and went back to her bedroom to play. LOL Sorry honey, you'll hear lots more from him in the future!

@Donald - my hero .. I hear you on all points. We went for our planned trip in August and I was done done done when I got back. It’s only very recently that Disney fever has struck me again. I have it bad though. It’s not terminal, but painfully expensive. :rolleyes:

Heads up for anyone who shops at the Whitby Sobey's location!

You know how the flyer says Campbell's Chunky soup $1.99 each x 4 = 20 Air Miles? Well, in the store they have tags attached to the soup shelf saying Buy 2 Get 10 Air Miles. I was puzzled by that but figured what the heck. It still adds up to buy 4 get 20 Air Miles.

I purchased 4 soups and received 40 Air Miles!!! The 10 Air Miles rang in twice (2 soups = 10) plus the 20 Air Miles (4 soups = 20).

There must be both the FLYER offer (buy 4 get 20 AMs) and IN-STORE offer (buy 2 get 10 AMs) at the same time!

Wish I had realized that while I was in the store. I would have grabbed another 4 or 8 cans. It's a 20 minute driv so I'll have to see if I'm back that way this week.

Worked for me this morning. Bought 4 cans and got 40 AirMiles.

Friday I bought 8 cans of soup. Got 4x10AM and then another 20AM. At first I thought it was a loaded item but when I checked that I didn't have one. Figured I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth so I didn't give it a second thought until I read the post at the top of the page. Now I'm all confused because maybe I should have had an additional 20AM given that I bought 8 cans of soup. (Ottawa area Sobeys)

I'm happy with what I got. (I've been told no more soup until we eat through the stockpile in the basement)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts