Airmiles Armchair Chatter

A few in-store deals at Sobeys (Ontario) that I wrote down last week, all expiring Feb 28:

The Rogers bran/wheat germ has for sure been my best deal this month as I use quite a bit of both so have been buying it every week. Regular price $2.29, sale price $1.49 with 15 am. Small stock quantity at my stores so I've been buying 1 or 2 each trip to not clear the shelf. YMMV.

I saw a lot of blue in-store tags in the pharmacy aisles but didn't dare check them out as I didn't need anything, too concerned about catching something.

I showed hubby this list while we were having coffee this morning and he sputtered .. "A few??? You told me Sobeys was a bust this week!" Thanks for the detailed list, now that the flyer doesn't show them all it really does require a trip into the store and that's an hour round trip for us :crazy2:

Whoop! I earned 281 miles this weekend on $311 of food. Not a great ratio. I am having surgery this week so won't be able to do the grocery shopping over the next few weeks. DH is already asking about my air miles procedures LOL He sees the benefits of collecting now after our third vacation.
Your ratio is excellent compared to ours this week .. spent $80 and snagged a massive 13 AM

Take care of yourself and we'll see you whenever you're up to checking in!

9bd13b639a33987d7a189a2797381339.jpg

All I am getting these days are load and go offers. I think I am averaging about 50 airmiles a week. I think I have to let go of any hope of collecting enough airmiles for tickets, and just use cash for them.
However, I bought $100 in groceries this weekend with STB cash miles, and we are filling up the tank every week for 6 or 7 weeks with STB miles. So that’s been awesome, and allows me to divert the gas and a little bit of the grocery budget into the vacation account. :)

I showed hubby this list while we were having coffee this morning and he sputtered .. "A few??? You told me Sobeys was a bust this week!" Thanks for the detailed list, now that the flyer doesn't show them all it really does require a trip into the store and that's an hour round trip for us :crazy2:

There were lots of others that I didn't write down, but were products I never buy or just way over priced. Quaker products in cereal aisle, Lou's, refrigerated jello, some bacon type products in the cold meat section, natral?, other paper products (spongetowels or charmin or both?), lots of dog items ....don't remember seeing any in the produce or bakery.

Not sure if Foodland would be the same for the month as I only go if I'm going by (rarely) or if they have a great promo like the giftcards.

All I am getting these days are load and go offers. I think I am averaging about 50 airmiles a week. I think I have to let go of any hope of collecting enough airmiles for tickets, and just use cash for them.
However, I bought $100 in groceries this weekend with STB cash miles, and we are filling up the tank every week for 6 or 7 weeks with STB miles. So that’s been awesome, and allows me to divert the gas and a little bit of the grocery budget into the vacation account. :)

Did you get a second AM card last fall. If so, start using the loaded items associated with it to add a few extra miles to the overall collection. I am using mine and DH account to take advantage of the AM being offered currently. I will save enough in his account to pay for some of the the tickets we need. The vast majority will come from my account (flight certainly will because I get the discount). I do this at Metro, Sobeys and Rexall.

Well as of yesterday we are back from our first Disney cruise! Did not miss grocery shopping, cooking, getting gas, etc. while we were away LOL. We already cannot wait to go back (probably will wait until the 3 new ships are all built by 2022!) and are planning to use AM tickets and AM flights to go back to WDW in 2019.

Coming back from vacation as usual, done with so much indulging, I have a new personal goal to lose 60lbs in the meantime... and I'm sure this will limit my AM offer shopping as they often have offers on junk food / prepared foods etc. Thankful for the Sobeys targeted offers!!

Did you get a second AM card last fall. If so, start using the loaded items associated with it to add a few extra miles to the overall collection. I am using mine and DH account to take advantage of the AM being offered currently. I will save enough in his account to pay for some of the the tickets we need. The vast majority will come from my account (flight certainly will because I get the discount). I do this at Metro, Sobeys and Rexall.
Thank you!!! I did open a second account for Dh!! I can’t believe I didn’t think of that! That would at least get me up to 100 a week.

I'm curious what you have for LnG offer from Rexall currently -- both of my cards have identical offers for things i have NEVER bought ...
  • Sensodyne 5 AM
  • Gillette Shave Cream 4 AM
  • Aveeno Handy/Body Cream 10 AM (might do this since no size is mentioned)
  • Buckley's Cough Syrup 12 AM
  • Lindt 100 gm bar buy TWO get 4 AM
And a threshold spend of spend $40 get 60 AM

I'm curious what you have for LnG offer from Rexall currently -- both of my cards have identical offers for things i have NEVER bought ...
  • Sensodyne 5 AM

I have exactly the same LnG offers (other than no threshold spend). I don't shop at Rexall's because there isn't on in Cambridge. Guelph is the nearest one, and it's not worth the drive.

• Sensodyne 5 AM

I have the exact same load and go offers and I too have never brought any of these items....I am finding it harder since the beginning of the year to earn Air Miles...It seems, to me, that they are purposely marking it harder...

• Sensodyne 5 AM

Same Load N Go for me too.
I am really hoping for a email coupon today.
Hugs Mel

Well as of yesterday we are back from our first Disney cruise! Did not miss grocery shopping, cooking, getting gas, etc. while we were away LOL. We already cannot wait to go back (probably will wait until the 3 new ships are all built by 2022!) and are planning to use AM tickets and AM flights to go back to WDW in 2019.

Coming back from vacation as usual, done with so much indulging, I have a new personal goal to lose 60lbs in the meantime... and I'm sure this will limit my AM offer shopping as they often have offers on junk food / prepared foods etc. Thankful for the Sobeys targeted offers!!

Welcome home Hon!
I feel like I've become lazy this winter and am hoping the weather gets better so I can start a walking program soon.
Too many cookies and treats this winter for me.
Hugs Mel

I have the exact same rexall L&G as the rest of you. I do use Sensodyne toothpaste and forturnately/unfortunately DS is on Accutane at the moment so you just can't get enough moisturizer into his skin.

Using DH account has been useful recently at Sobeys and Metro not so much at Rexall (although I have done it in the past)

• Sensodyne 5 AM
Mine exactly. Very odd. I'm waiting for a email for them, hoping to get a spend $40 get 60 so I can double up, but nothing yet.

Welcome back! Disney cruises are the best!!

I think you will be okay with airmiles and eating less junk/prepared food. I'm plant-based and managed to get 106 airmiles on mostly plants on my last Sobey's shop through mostly targeted offers. Sobeys knows I always buy limes, avocados, asparagus, etc. 106 wasn't amazing (spent just over $100) but Blue Friday shopping trips are better. I can still take advantage of some junk food deals (chips and soft drinks) for when my house is full of extra kids. They get a mix of junk and healthy stuff.

Edited to change 93 to 106 as my miles just posted higher than what my receipt said.

Last edited:
For those of you who have been buying the eVouchers for a future package/cruise vacation, are they literally just a paper gift certificate? Is there an expiry date on them?

I have the same offers. I haven't been to Rexall for weeks. You would think that the offers would be something to entice me to travel and shop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts