Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Hurry there's only a little over 19,000 spots left for the Amex promo. lol Thanks for posting that. I seem to not be getting a lot of these email promos.
BTW, if anyone needs a referral for an amex card...I'm sure there's plenty of us on here that would be happy to send you a referral link. :rolleyes1

If you get something for referring, happy for you to send me a link as I think I'm finally going to apply.

Flyers are up -- Metro's "big offers" buy 5 yogurt products ranging from $2.79 - $4.99 ea buy 5 get 50 AM. Dairy products (milk & cheese strings) ranging from $3.99 - $5.99 ea buy 3 get 30 AM
Metro ON Valid Oct 12th - 18th
Metro QC Valid Oct 12th - 18th *** do you EVER get AM??

Sobeys Atlantic Valid Oct 12th - 18th
Buy $20.00 of General Mills products get 30 AM Buy $10.00 worth of compliments baking products get 15 AM plus a bunch of other piddly offers

Foodland Atlantic Valid Oct 12th - 18th
There is a "Turkey Bucks" offer going on, every $40.00 spent between Oct 12th-Dec 13th = 1.00 Turkey Buck which you can then apply to the cost of a Turkey between Dec 14th- 24th

We were just at Rexall and saw that they are selling Disney gift cards. First time we have seen them there. You can load $25-$500 on them.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I was told that come April I'll have a new title - Grandma! So excited as it's my first grandchild. Any hints on airmile collecting and grandparenting would be much appreciated. We actually purchased diapers at Rexall (the mickey ones of course!). Best part is that they were on sale and we used this week's coupon so got 80 airmiles.

We were just at Rexall and saw that they are selling Disney gift cards. First time we have seen them there. You can load $25-$500 on them.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I was told that come April I'll have a new title - Grandma! So excited as it's my first grandchild. Any hints on airmile collecting and grandparenting would be much appreciated. We actually purchased diapers at Rexall (the mickey ones of course!). Best part is that they were on sale and we used this week's coupon so got 80 airmiles.

Here's a hint...collect lots because you're going to need them once you want to start taking that grandbaby to Disney! LOL And congrats. Yes, there are usually bonus AM on diapers to be had, so that's good.

Congratulations! One more reason to go to Disney!!

Remember that you can stack coupons at Rexall. Use the one that gets emailed on Monday and double it with the load and go. It is especially good on Seniors Day because you get 20% off of stuff to start (always good because Rexall stuff is marked up about 20%!!!)

Congrats on the first grandchild! We just had our first in March and earned enough air miles for 3 free Disney tickets and 3 free Universal tickets for her first Orlando trip in two weeks!!!.

After almost 2 weeks away, I came home very early this morning and realized my husband hasn't done any groceries while I was gone. Went to Sobeys to do groceries and AM in the west have been severely lacking. I missed last week's blue Friday unfortunately. My kid was happy though, I received 8 of those micro toys. Looked at the newest flyer starting Friday, and the AM are practically nil.

Budget car rentals has a few offers going on right now
Rent a car using miles and EARN miles -- Onyx members will earn 75 AM Gold & (regular i guess) collectors will earn 50 AM. Book before Oct 31st for rentals before Dec 20th
Budget Car Rental Promo -- Use Miles & Earn Miles

OR If you prefer to rent directly thru Budget Onyx members will earn 100 AM -- no coupon needed AND if you will save 25% if you use BCD code A639502
Bunch of fine print on this offer -- since I'm lazy, here's the link
Budget Car Rental Bonus Offer Terms & Conditions

What surveys do you do?
I do surveys that come directly from Airmiles -- unfortunately they have switched to an invite only basis. Their surveys are generally quite lengthy and depending on your point of view not necessarily good payout, but i tend to open it up and plug away while doing 15 other things -- one i just did claimed to be an hour -- prolly was-- i earned 26 AM. Other times i get screened out and only earn 1. I'm also part of "Asking Canadians" and the rewards are funneled to Hudson Bay which will eventually either become AM or get transferred to gift cards i will use thru the online shopping portal

Congratulations! We're having a new wee grandbaby in April as well. S/He'll be our third, but the first where we actually get to celebrate for the months leading up to the birth! So exciting!

Nothing great in the Safeway flyer. You can get 75 am when you buy 5 over priced items, but that's about it. Which is ok by me...my freezer is full from last week's Blue Friday and I think my dh would kill me if I try and stuff something else in there. :rotfl:
I managed to order another child Canadian special disney ticket when my Blue Friday AM posted. Surprised there are still some there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!