Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Quick question for those that get Starbucks electronic GCs from Airmiles with their cash miles.

We're leaving for California on Saturday and DH is a big fan of Starbucks on vacation. I was thinking on getting some *free* Starbucks money with his AM cash miles and I was wondering what is the best way to proceed?!? Can I transfer or enter the electronic GC on his app? Should I somehow transfer the money on a physical GC? Also, can we use those to buy the You Are Here mugs?

Hi Hon
When I cash them out I just add them to an existing card I have. I am not sure about the app though as I have never tried that.
You receive an email with a code and an option to add it to your existing card is offered.

PS Have a great Holiday!
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Anyone else sick of the grip winter seems to have on us this year??? We hadn't left the house since Friday so the fridge was a tad empty .. it took almost 40 minutes to chisel the car off before we could even think about moving it out onto the ice rink that our street is right now. I've had it wearing the winter coat and actually needing to walk like a duck so i don't fall down
latest

Anyone else sick of the grip winter seems to have on us this year??? We hadn't left the house since Friday so the fridge was a tad empty .. it took almost 40 minutes to chisel the car off before we could even think about moving it out onto the ice rink that our street is right now. I've had it wearing the winter coat and actually needing to walk like a duck so i don't fall down
latest

Me!!!!
I finally made a quick trip to get some Wendy's for the sons.
We have electric heat and I am so sick of having the heat on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.
Come on SPRING!!!
Hugs Mel

Hi Hon
When I cash them out I just add them to an existing card I have. I am not sure about the app though as I have never tried that.
You receive an email with a code and an option to add it to your existing card is offered.
PS Have a great Holiday!
Hugs Mel

Thanks! I will tell DH to go to Starbucks after work then and buy a GC. How do you transfer the funds to the GC?

Me!!!!
I finally made a quick trip to get some Wendy's for the sons.
We have electric heat and I am so sick of having the heat on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.
Come on SPRING!!!
Hugs Mel
OMG us too with the electric heat .. holy $$ batman! We only heat the rooms we're in but it's still $$$$ to say nothing of the brutal shock if you forget to turn said heat on BEFORE you plan on watching tv!

We have a natural gaz furnace (central heating) and fireplace, also natural gaz. We have been running the fireplace daily since November so I expect it will be a costly winter!

Quick question for those that get Starbucks electronic GCs from Airmiles with their cash miles.

We're leaving for California on Saturday and DH is a big fan of Starbucks on vacation. I was thinking on getting some *free* Starbucks money with his AM cash miles and I was wondering what is the best way to proceed?!? Can I transfer or enter the electronic GC on his app? Should I somehow transfer the money on a physical GC? Also, can we use those to buy the You Are Here mugs?

You can order the Airmiles GC and then send it to your DH via email or just order the GC and enter the code + pin into his app on his phone. Super easy and it is my choice for using Cash AM for sure!

When you redeem for the GC, you will get an email that contains this information:

Receiving your Starbucks Card eGift(s) couldn't be easier.

Click the "Redeem Now" button(s) above to access your Starbucks eGift(s). Enter your secret code when prompted by copying and pasting into the field provided. You may print your eGift(s) and go directly into any Starbucks store, or transfer your balance to an existing registered Starbucks Card.

The Starbucks wordmark and the Starbucks Logo are trademarks of Starbucks Corporation. Starbucks is also the owner of the Copyrights in the Starbucks Logo and the Starbucks Card designs. All rights reserved. Starbucks is not a participating partner or sponsor in this offer.

Once you load the GC into his app then you can use it for anything at Starbucks including the You Are Here Mugs. I have two, one that lives on my desk and I use every day at work! You will also earn stars by using the app but you cannot redeem the stars for free drinks at the SB inside the parks. (DL or DCA)

OMG us too with the electric heat .. holy $$ batman! We only heat the rooms we're in but it's still $$$$ to say nothing of the brutal shock if you forget to turn said heat on BEFORE you plan on watching tv!

Yep when the *BILL* arrives I sit in my backyard with a nice cup of tea and remind myself that I love my garden home.
The problem with electric is it dries you out so much,,, so I now have a fan in the living room circulating the air and in each room a small humidifier running--more electric costs. I am one of those people that likes fresh air when I sleep so I try to leave my bedroom window open a bit but this isn't very economical,,although my doctor agrees it has helped my chronic sinusitis.
I'd love natural gas................................
Hugs Mel

You can order the Airmiles GC and then send it to your DH via email or just order the GC and enter the code + pin into his app on his phone. Super easy and it is my choice for using Cash AM for sure!

When you redeem for the GC, you will get an email that contains this information:

Once you load the GC into his app then you can use it for anything at Starbucks including the You Are Here Mugs. I have two, one that lives on my desk and I use every day at work! You will also earn stars by using the app but you cannot redeem the stars for free drinks at the SB inside the parks. (DL or DCA)

Thank you so much! I will do just that tonight.

latest

Raining here today. All the ice is falling off the trees and the east side of the house. Our power went out at noon for an hour and a half. Decided to go clean the ice off the car. I did something I saw on tv. Got in the car, lowered the window. There was a sheet of ice on the east side of the car. Punched the ice out, so much fun. Put the back window down and was going to punch it out. Slammed the front door shut and the back window ice, blew out.

Yes I am sick of the winter/winter-spring. I am counting down the days until I have some guaranteed sun. It can't come quick enough.

Last edited:
Raining here today. All the ice is falling off the trees and the east side of the house. Our power went out at noon for an hour and a half. Decided to go clean the ice off the car. I did something I saw on tv. Got in the car, lowered the window. There was a sheet of ice on the east side of the car. Punched the ice out, so much fun. Put the back window down and was going to punch it out. Slammed the front door shut and the back window ice, blew out.

Yes I am sick of the winter/winter-spring. I am counting down the days until I have some guaranteed sun. It can't come quick enough.
My DH works in the auto industry. Opening your power windows while covered in ice is a great way to damage the window motor. Same with your wipers. You can tear the rubber blade or damage the motor. Easiest way to deal with ice is to have some spray on ice melter handy....basically it’s liquid salt in a can.

So does this work the same as Disney GC's? When using the Starbucks GC's or credit via the app, it converts CAD to USD upon purchase?

My DH works in the auto industry. Opening your power windows while covered in ice is a great way to damage the window motor. Same with your wipers. You can tear the rubber blade or damage the motor. Easiest way to deal with ice is to have some spray on ice melter handy....basically it’s liquid salt in a can.

Good to know. I won't be doing that again, but it was fun while it lasted. I made sure the ice had a thin layer of water beneath it before I tried to open the window. I guess I got lucky this time. Lesson learned.

Hi Hon

PS Have a great Holiday!
Hugs Mel

I add them to my card on the website when logged in. It’s usable in the app, it will show a new card for your reward amount. I think that’s the only way to do it.

You can then transfer it to your main gold card if you want.

Yes cold....it got down to 19 last night here in Orlando. It made me think twice about hitting the pool at 10PM. I made the mistake of taking a light jacket over to Disney Board Walk this evening and boy am I regretting it . I have to come home to Ottawa tomorrow though so that will be a bit rough

As far as I remember, when you open the app in the US, your card balance shows in US$.

Ok. Thanks! Worth a try on our next visit!

:thanks:

We’re not huge SB fans though that’s all there is for decent java in the parks and the total can really add up fast!

Yes cold....it got down to 19 last night here in Orlando. It made me think twice about hitting the pool at 10PM. I made the mistake of taking a light jacket over to Disney Board Walk this evening and boy am I regretting it . I have to come home to Ottawa tomorrow though so that will be a bit rough
Alright, that's enough out of you !
giphy.gif

Pool Party!!!
Get in that Pool right now!!!
Hugs Hon--hope you are having a blast!
mickey-mouse-and-friends-pool-games_a-G-8756577-0.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!