Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Ok. Thanks! Worth a try on our next visit!

:thanks:

We’re not huge SB fans though that’s all there is for decent java in the parks and the total can really add up fast!

I am not a fan of Starbucks coffee BUT their pastries and breakfast sandwiches are good.
They have fresh fruit available also,,and the protein Bistro boxes are a good late night snack.
My favorite morning drink is a strawberry banana smoothie.
Late at night a Tall English breakfast tea is nice.
Can you tell I use Starbucks to offset my food bill at Disney.:lovestruc
Have a look at their Menu here:
http://allears.net/dining/location/starbucks-west-side
http://allears.net/dining/location/starbucks-marketplace

Hugs Mel

Just a tip. When we were staking out seats/viewing for HEA, a few in our group walked down to SB on Main Street and grabs some panini sandwiches and drinks from SB and just ate those for dinner. The gift cards could come in handy for times like that. Plus, if you are TIRED of eating crap at the parks, a nice light fresh sandwich fits the bill.

87107E06-6A82-4F1D-BD40-C0002EF07C04.jpeg
Here’s my poor antenna topper yesterday morning.
Anyone else sick of the grip winter seems to have on us this year??? We hadn't left the house since Friday so the fridge was a tad empty .. it took almost 40 minutes to chisel the car off before we could even think about moving it out onto the ice rink that our street is right now. I've had it wearing the winter coat and actually needing to walk like a duck so i don't fall down
latest

Our power went out at noon for an hour and a half.

You were relatively lucky. Our power in rural Kanata was out Sunday evening into early morning, 6+ hours. That's the second time in as many weeks; the wind storm a couple of weeks back put us out for 11 hours. Worst is that we are on well water, so no power == no water. We do at least have a gas fireplace, so we don't freeze.

Yes cold....it got down to 19 last night here in Orlando. It made me think twice about hitting the pool at 10PM. I made the mistake of taking a light jacket over to Disney Board Walk this evening and boy am I regretting it . I have to come home to Ottawa tomorrow though so that will be a bit rough

So jealous. We caught a cold snap in Orlando in March; most days it didn't get much warmer than 19. I made the mistake of NOT taking a light jacket on a couple of days, and really did regret it.

Count me in with those who have had enough. Happy to see the forecast looking a little more reasonable for the weekend!

Well it may not feel like Spring BUT I have been doing Spring cleaning. I lost an important form that my employer signed approving my recent work/conference. Yep I went through every nook and cranny in this place and could not find it.
So I call my work rep and YEAH!!!! they have a scanned copy so I should be ok,,Phew!!! what a relief!
Now let's hope the grocery stores are ready for some Spring shoppers.
ef1ac8a07b7df8538940f2be5136d895.png

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
My vote would be for Foodland this week
Foodland On
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/foodland-on-flyer-april-19-to-25/all

Sobeys Ont.
They say 1320 airmiles available so I am think an in store look might be worth it.:magnify:
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/sobeys-on-flyer-april-19-to-25/all

Metro Flyer
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/metro-on-flyer-april-19-to-25/all

Hugs Mel

Thanks Mel...looks like I will be stopping at either Sobeys or Foodland this week to pick up some Kobo gift cards...Get 35AM for a $25 GC and 70 AM for a $50 GC...

Time for the weekly update to the flyer links in the first post and the Duck's musings about the deals (or lack of in this week's case!)
Sobeys:

Western Flyer

• Friday- Sunday spend $100 get 100 AM
  • Flamingo chicken wings/fries/popcorn combo Buy 2 get 20 AM (no price mentioned, & is it Flamingo or Chicken :P )
  • Schneiders Pepperettes/ lunchnsnack sticks buy 2 get 15 AM (no price)
  • Freybe Pepperoni buy 2 get 10 AM (again, no price)
  • Villagio bread/buns $2.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Roots & Kobo gift cards: $25 get get 30 AM or $50 get 70 AM
  • Some household cleaners $3 buy 3 get 25 AM
  • Several pharmacy items with what looks like big bonus miles but with no price mentioned it's hard to tell!
  • Have you been driven to drink over the weather? Spend $150 on liquor get 150 AM plus several items with bonus miles
Ontario has the same Roots & Kobo gift card offer as above. I agree with Mel that an instore trip is required since the flyer has only 4 offers + the gift cards

Same Roots & kobo gift card offer
Also requires in-store looking this flyer has ONE offer but the comment "1320 miles in store"

Atlantic Flyer

• Friday - Sunday buy a $200 gift card get 100 AMSome cheeses, spend $10 get 25 AM
  • Single serve prepared meals $2.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Classico sauces $2.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • You have a bunch of really pathetic offers that either fall just short of 1:1 or stupidly below .. careful reading of tags!
Foodland
Ontario:
  • Schneiders products ranging from 4/$10 to $7.99 buy 6 get 75 AM
  • Same Roots & Kobo gift card offer as Sobeys
  • Several *almost* 1:1 offers
Atlantic Flyer
  • Some General Mills products (too many to mention) ranging from 2/$5 - $5.99 spend $15 get 30 AM
  • Pinesol $4 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Like everywhere else, really bad offers falling waaay short of 1:1
Metro Ontario:Holy bad offers Batman!!
  • Frozen fish $6.99 get 2 (yes TWO) AM
  • Lots, like TONS more similiar to that ratio
  • Some tortilla chips/dip 2/$7 buy 2 get 15 AM
  • The BIG back page offers?? Yeah, not this week -- Kcup McDee $19.99 buy 2 get 20 AM
  • Mayo, Tea, Margarine $4.99 buy 3 get 30 AM

WOW, what a terrible hunting week, the Duck might just stay home :P

Yup. I'm hoping my My Offers are better. And I hope they post correctly. Crossing my fingers Superstore has a spend threshold event. I'm not liking how they changed the points earned. Most of mine used to be for every $x, get x points. Now, they have a limit on the amount needed to be spent (i.e., for every $8 in rice, get 600 points) in stead of every $2 in rice, get 200 points.

Yup. I'm hoping my My Offers are better. And I hope they post correctly. Crossing my fingers Superstore has a spend threshold event. I'm not liking how they changed the points earned. Most of mine used to be for every $x, get x points. Now, they have a limit on the amount needed to be spent (i.e., for every $8 in rice, get 600 points) in stead of every $2 in rice, get 200 points.

Same here. It's not worth it for me to shop at Superstore anymore. I now only shop there when I'm really strapped for time and want to use Click and Collect.

I know some of you have used AM for car rental. I'm looking at a possible trip to WDW at the end of August. For a 10 day rental it's only 3010 miles and $95 in tax. I have no idea if that's a good deal but I like it and would go for it. When I rent I never have to take any insurance because I'm covered on my credit card for part of it and my home car policy for the other part. My question is....what does everyone do about insurance because I have to assume that my CC won't cover me because I'm not paying for the rental?

I know some of you have used AM for car rental. I'm looking at a possible trip to WDW at the end of August. For a 10 day rental it's only 3010 miles and $95 in tax. I have no idea if that's a good deal but I like it and would go for it. When I rent I never have to take any insurance because I'm covered on my credit card for part of it and my home car policy for the other part. My question is....what does everyone do about insurance because I have to assume that my CC won't cover me because I'm not paying for the rental?
The way I look at if AM is worth it is when I do the conversion. So with 3010am plus 95 your looking at over $400. If I can get better price with out AM then I go for it and save my AM. If it turns out to be close, then yes use the AM. FWIW I have not used AM for car rentals, I have not rented a car for many years. There are a few on here that do and I hope they are more help then I.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter