Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I don't think the Rexall thing is regional. DH and DS both have 12 offers in their accounts. The only thing I've done recently is fill in their stupid survey for a $5 off coupon. It seems since I did that my offers have dried up. I did go on the website and re-subscribe to the weekly email. We'll see if that makes a difference. In the meantime if I need something I'll just put it on DH account.

I don't necessarily want the targeted offers from them. Just give me a decent threshold spend:worship:.

To me Shell is the mystery. I've signed up for their offers, I did massive loads of gift cards, I fill up and swipe my card....yet I still can't seem to attract any of their offers like the threshold monthly fill offers.....not sure how to get on their radar

OOOO-MMMM-GEEEEE My Rexall LnG offers are really and truly targeted again! I'm super excited to shop there at some point this week! I have a threshold spend that's good from the 13th - 17th, spend $25 get 50 and a couple of products that i was gonna buy cause they also have bonus miles in the flyer! Just need to ponder the possibility of an email coupon appearing on Monday OR just going this weekend.

View attachment 336638

I must really have angered the Rexall L&G gods. I have a total of 1 offer and its the one that doesn't need loading from this weekend.

When I saw the Duck's post I checked my L+G and was excited as I thought I had a threshold back! Then I read Ottawamom's post, double-checked and it's the same thing... I have 1 offer and it doesn't need loading. It's the same as in the flyer or printed coupon. Darn it.

To me Shell is the mystery. I've signed up for their offers, I did massive loads of gift cards, I fill up and swipe my card....yet I still can't seem to attract any of their offers like the threshold monthly fill offers.....not sure how to get on their radar
Yup, Shell baffles me as well! We've only filled the car up once during MM when we needed to use more more coupon... so they give us those stupid threshold offers now or DO they?? Nope, they come to the card that has only ever been used a couple of weeks ago when i bought my Magnum ice cream bar :P And the offers a HUGE which will never happen in our new Fit (yes we got the same car this time round and we're loving it, but it gets even better mileage than the old one ever did)

OK, my turn for an :offtopic: travel planning request. We're heading out to the Vancouver area at the end of September so hubby can fix that system (to connect it to this group, it's the union for Sobeys/Safeway in all of lower BC) ... I'm gonna go out with him for the first few days before he heads down to White Rock and we're trying to decide what/where to stay/do. Vancouver proper?? Won't have time to do the island this time unless we fly into Victoria (same # of AM to fly in there and out of Vancouver) and then take the ferry back ... would we find enough to keep us busy there for Friday - mid-day Sunday (to allow time to take the ferry back) or should we just concentrate on the mainland? We've been out several times since he put installed the system in 2010 and have a general knowledge of the area. I KNOW he'll want to do Fly Over Canada again (another connection here, Soarin is his absolute fav ride and he wasn't a fan of the update!)

So ............................................................
I am short my airmiles for Load N Go
Zantac buy 1 get 12 airmiles
Neo Citran buy 1 get 10 airmiles
The spend 60 get 60 airmiles and buy 1 HydraSense get 12 airmiles posted on my bill and disappeared off the web page but the NeoCitran and Zantac are still there and I did not get the airmiles.
Airmiles chat says hold the bill and the sponsor has 120 days to post,,,to which I replied--I am getting tired of holding bills for 4 months and tracking airmiles.
Ah well atleast I got some of them.
Hugs Mel

Vancouver is lovely, nice and warm without the stickiness we have here. We love exploring Granville Island https://granvilleisland.com/
and Capilano Bridge too https://www.capbridge.com/

OK, my turn for an :offtopic: travel planning request. We're heading out to the Vancouver area at the end of September so hubby can fix that system (to connect it to this group, it's the union for Sobeys/Safeway in all of lower BC) ... I'm gonna go out with him for the first few days before he heads down to White Rock and we're trying to decide what/where to stay/do. Vancouver proper?? Won't have time to do the island this time unless we fly into Victoria (same # of AM to fly in there and out of Vancouver) and then take the ferry back ... would we find enough to keep us busy there for Friday - mid-day Sunday (to allow time to take the ferry back) or should we just concentrate on the mainland? We've been out several times since he put installed the system in 2010 and have a general knowledge of the area. I KNOW he'll want to do Fly Over Canada again (another connection here, Soarin is his absolute fav ride and he wasn't a fan of the update!)

So ............................................................
I am short my airmiles for Load N Go
Zantac buy 1 get 12 airmiles
Neo Citran buy 1 get 10 airmiles
The spend 60 get 60 airmiles and buy 1 HydraSense get 12 airmiles posted on my bill and disappeared off the web page but the NeoCitran and Zantac are still there and I did not get the airmiles.
Airmiles chat says hold the bill and the sponsor has 120 days to post,,,to which I replied--I am getting tired of holding bills for 4 months and tracking airmiles.
Ah well atleast I got some of them.
Hugs Mel

When I have an issue with Loaded items from Sobeys I call and they add them. Then I wait and wait and wait and they never end up getting posted to my account. Most of these AM are small 5 or 6AM so I just write them off. It's so annoying. The occasional time I earn "extra" AM (ones I'm technically not entitled to) I look upon it as a settling of the books.

I might be tempted to take the items back and repurchase them. (if the store is nearby)

Depending on what you want to do in Victoria, there is Burchart Gardens, Royal BC Museum (Egypt exhibition on right now), IMAX movies, whale watching, wine tours and lots of lovely places to walk/hike.

At the Rexall's in Oshawa I go to, if the L+G miles don't show on my receipt I show my APP to the Cashier. She calls the Manager over who posts them manually for me and gives me another receipt. I take screenshots of my L+G before giving the items to the Cashier just in case as I've had that happen as well. Much quicker than waiting for AM to post them or track them in 4 months.

Maybe your local Rexall will do the same. Worth a shot!

When I have an issue with Loaded items from Sobeys I call and they add them. Then I wait and wait and wait and they never end up getting posted to my account. Most of these AM are small 5 or 6AM so I just write them off. It's so annoying. The occasional time I earn "extra" AM (ones I'm technically not entitled to) I look upon it as a settling of the books.

I might be tempted to take the items back and repurchase them. (if the store is nearby)

At the Rexall's in Oshawa I go to, if the L+G miles don't show on my receipt I show my APP to the Cashier. She calls the Manager over who posts them manually for me and gives me another receipt. I take screenshots of my L+G before giving the items to the Cashier just in case as I've had that happen as well. Much quicker than waiting for AM to post them or track them in 4 months.

Maybe your local Rexall will do the same. Worth a shot!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
I went back and spoke with the Rexall manager and she graciously offered me 60 airmiles to make it right. :dogdance:
Hugs Mel

Hello everyone,
I have a quick question. I was looking at the cash vs the dream miles as we are currently saving our dream miles for the Universal one day Park-to-park tickets, which come to 2350 airmiles each.
If I look at the cash miles, 95 miles = $10, so 2350 miles works out to approximately $240, however the universal one day park-to-park tickets are only $170. I think it would be more economical to switch to cash miles, spend my future cash miles on groceries, and then use the money I save to buy the universal tickets...or am I doing the math wrong? (I know I can not convert my current dream miles into cash miles).
Thanks for the help :)

Hello everyone,
I have a quick question. I was looking at the cash vs the dream miles as we are currently saving our dream miles for the Universal one day Park-to-park tickets, which come to 2350 airmiles each.
If I look at the cash miles, 95 miles = $10, so 2350 miles works out to approximately $240, however the universal one day park-to-park tickets are only $170. I think it would be more economical to switch to cash miles, spend my future cash miles on groceries, and then use the money I save to buy the universal tickets...or am I doing the math wrong? (I know I can not convert my current dream miles into cash miles).
Thanks for the help :)
Math is right, but you do have to convert that $170 into Can$ at roughly 1.35 equals $229.
wow expensive one day ticket, and they say Disney is expensive.

FYI for those that are doing the pcoptimum points. IF you have a black pc mastercard, you will now be getting 13% back for every dollar when shopping at Shoppers Drug mart. Very good, hard to beat. This is on top of the regular bonus points and 20x events.
Good luck all.

How so? I see the 45 pts / dollar on the card plus 15 / dollar regular offer, so that's 6% which is already pretty good. But I don't understand the other 7%?

We've had the regular card since long before the World Elite card was offered. I've been thinking of upgrading, but I don't really shop much at Shoppers (or any drug store), or even Loblaws anymore. The hook for me is gift card purchases. 4.5% back on WDW gift cards at Shoppers could add up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter