Airmiles Armchair Chatter

ALERT! I was just at Rexall and the cashier was really nice and gave me next weeks flyer. Its their 114th anniversary (has Rexall really been around that long?) so from Friday Sept 21 to Thursday Sept 27 they are doing 114 AM with a $50 spend. Tons of AM bonus products as well. Looks like a good week to do a Rexall shop.

flights question - I can see direct flights when I search for one person paying in AM, but when I want to add another person to pay in cash I don't see those flights. I'm booking for my son and I. I'm not sure of the rules around flying or buying tickets, can I buy one through AM for me and pay cash through the airline for the other? Is that against some kind of rules? I always pay to pick our seats and would put them together. I thought maybe one of you might have done this. I don't think I'll have the AM for two flights at peak season. We are already having to look at flying from Montreal instead of Ottawa just to get something that isn't 8000 AM for one person. I may just spend the money on the flights. I don't know. I wish their new online booking system would come online soon so I can maybe just take money off the cruise instead.

ALERT! I was just at Rexall and the cashier was really nice and gave me next weeks flyer. Its their 114th anniversary (has Rexall really been around that long?) so from Friday Sept 21 to Thursday Sept 27 they are doing 114 AM with a $50 spend. Tons of AM bonus products as well. Looks like a good week to do a Rexall shop.

Thank you for the heads up! We are leaving on holiday Friday afternoon. I may just have enough time to get a quick shop in before we leave for the airport.:P

flights question - I can see direct flights when I search for one person paying in AM, but when I want to add another person to pay in cash I don't see those flights. I'm booking for my son and I. I'm not sure of the rules around flying or buying tickets, can I buy one through AM for me and pay cash through the airline for the other? Is that against some kind of rules? I always pay to pick our seats and would put them together. I thought maybe one of you might have done this. I don't think I'll have the AM for two flights at peak season. We are already having to look at flying from Montreal instead of Ottawa just to get something that isn't 8000 AM for one person. I may just spend the money on the flights. I don't know. I wish their new online booking system would come online soon so I can maybe just take money off the cruise instead.

What days are you looking at? If you decide to go ahead with your BMO World Elite offer you will save 15% on flights. If you only have enough for 1 with AM book that one and then book the other flight with the airline directly (only possible glitch is your son is a minor and that may complicate things).

If you can wait to book I found that AM had flights on sale over the American Thanksgiving (Black Friday) event. You might get lucky with the direct flights then.

What days are you looking at? If you decide to go ahead with your BMO World Elite offer you will save 15% on flights. If you only have enough for 1 with AM book that one and then book the other flight with the airline directly (only possible glitch is your son is a minor and that may complicate things).

If you can wait to book I found that AM had flights on sale over the American Thanksgiving (Black Friday) event. You might get lucky with the direct flights then.

Thanks, I am looking at March 9 to 16 or 17. I'll have to wait and see what happens. The flights from Montreal are on "sale" for 15% off the airmiles, but because it's peak season they are still 3230 AM each. It's weird to me that the base AM for flights from Montreal are higher than from Ottawa. Montreal has so many more choices though. Fingers crossed for some good Airmiles bonuses! The next one is in November I think? Maybe it'll be sooner :)

And looks like I'll be going to Rexall this weekend.

March Break timing you should probably be looking at sooner than later. Those are prime flights (not from Montreal necessarily but definitely from Ottawa)

This is the week after our Spring break so seats shouldn’t disappear as quickly from YUL as if you were looking for the week before.

March Break timing you should probably be looking at sooner than later. Those are prime flights (not from Montreal necessarily but definitely from Ottawa)

My own fault for deciding now to travel over March break, we usually travel off the peak week but I'm trying not to use all my vacation up before summer, and not pull kiddo from school (much to his annoyance, he'd be happy to miss an extra week!). I hate to pay more for the flights than the cruise!

This is the week after our Spring break so seats shouldn’t disappear as quickly from YUL as if you were looking for the week before.

I thought it might be, from what I remember Quebec seems to be off the week before us, so I thought flights should be easier from Montreal then. It's about a 2 hour drive, or the train ride is pretty quick/easy as well. I really should have made the decision sooner! I do plan to buy for 2020 March break as soon as they come out :)

I thought it might be, from what I remember Quebec seems to be off the week before us, so I thought flights should be easier from Montreal then. It's about a 2 hour drive, or the train ride is pretty quick/easy as well. I really should have made the decision sooner! I do plan to buy for 2020 March break as soon as they come out :)

QC as a province can have two weeks of Spring break but Mtl island is always before ON .

Also, I think the Ottawa-Montreal Via rail train stops at Dorval station. From there you can take a taxi to the departure terminal or cross the street and use theairport parking lot shuttle. Now I live close to the airport so we leave our car at home and take a taxi but I took the train/shuttle in the past...

Could someone tell me how long I need to wait for air miles to post before contacting AM directly? This is for LCBO purchased in-store.

Would the length of time be the same for Shell?

Could someone tell me how long I need to wait for air miles to post before contacting AM directly? This is for LCBO purchased in-store.

Would the length of time be the same for Shell?

For base miles it's 60 days and for bonus miles it's 120 days. Only different time line is for online shopping and the bonus miles have 75 days to post.

I just had what has to be my most pathetic Rexall shop ever!! 3/4 of the items on my list were out of stock so there was no way I could get to any of the thresholds. I wandered through the store muttering to myself and ended up chucking $11.46 worth of junk food in my basket so I could use the $10 giftcard, not leaving money on the table!!! I did buy stuff we'd normally get but dang I needed some of those items!!!

I just had what has to be my most pathetic Rexall shop ever!! 3/4 of the items on my list were out of stock so there was no way I could get to any of the thresholds. I wandered through the store muttering to myself and ended up chucking $11.46 worth of junk food in my basket so I could use the $10 giftcard, not leaving money on the table!!! I did buy stuff we'd normally get but dang I needed some of those items!!!

Hi Hon
Here is a copy of the new Rexall flyer
not the greatest quality but it gives you some ideas.
Hugs Mel
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/rexall-pharmaplus-on-flyer-september-21-to-27/all

Thanks for the heads up about the big AM Rexall event! I was considering buying 2 of the facial cleansers to get 13 bonus AM yesterday as I need cleanser lol. I will wait til the promo starts!

Hi Hon
Here is a copy of the new Rexall flyer
not the greatest quality but it gives you some ideas.
Hugs Mel
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/rexall-pharmaplus-on-flyer-september-21-to-27/all
OMG Mel, i think i LOVE you!!! You have no idea how happy this makes me right now!!! One of the products i needed is Tylenol Arthritis (can't take ibuprofen cause of the stupid gastritis) and it was on sale this week for $12.99 -- this flyer??? $9.99 .. akk go in one more page and the vitamins i was gonna add to today's order --- BOGO 50% PLUS 30 AM, keep going in the flyer all the Nosh & Co candy on sale PLUS spend $10 get 10 AM I'm gonna clean up on this shopping trip!!!
AS000745_03.gif

Hi Hon
I use the card daily to build those Westjet dollars,,so I check every other day and pay the balance off.
The charges went on on Sat 15th. I noticed the two unauthorized charges and called them.
I am wondering if my Disney ADR's secured and booked with this card are still going to be ok?
Yep a good reminder to check accounts frequently.

Hugs Mel
So I have had a few credit cards do down for me. Pain in the A%$#, but yes just call, or even change online your cc info with Disney. You might be able to change it in MDE.
What I hate is now I have to go and tell all my companies that I have direct withdrawal from that I have a new cc. And hope I dont miss one.
Good luck and good catch. My wife thinks I am watching what she spends everyday, but really I am just making sure of what just happened to you.
Now if she keeps her spending in check because of it,,,,positive on all sides...hehe

OMG Mel, i think i LOVE you!!! You have no idea how happy this makes me right now!!! One of the products i needed is Tylenol Arthritis (can't take ibuprofen cause of the stupid gastritis) and it was on sale this week for $12.99 -- this flyer??? $9.99 .. akk go in one more page and the vitamins i was gonna add to today's order --- BOGO 50% PLUS 30 AM, keep going in the flyer all the Nosh & Co candy on sale PLUS spend $10 get 10 AM I'm gonna clean up on this shopping trip!!!
AS000745_03.gif

Hugs Hon,,I knew you would like a few of the deals:yay:
I am looking between now and Christmas for personal needs items to fill square laundry hampers we are going to donate to our local food bank.
It's a unique food bank that 7 churches support (yes and they all get along). Throughout the year they run out of personal needs items and I have always donated food but this year we (my school) are going to support the kids by supporting their parents. Canadian Tire had the laundry hampers on 70% off so I already picked up a bunch of them.
Sorry to go on and on but I will be looking for stuff so if anyone sees some good deals please let me know. Last week I bought 20 toothbrushes and 20 toothpastes.
Happy shopping list making everyone.
Hugs Mel

So I have had a few credit cards do down for me. Pain in the A%$#, but yes just call, or even change online your cc info with Disney. You might be able to change it in MDE.
What I hate is now I have to go and tell all my companies that I have direct withdrawal from that I have a new cc. And hope I dont miss one.
Good luck and good catch. My wife thinks I am watching what she spends everyday, but really I am just making sure of what just happened to you.
Now if she keeps her spending in check because of it,,,,positive on all sides...hehe

LOL
I am going to tell her!!:tiptoe:
lol
Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter