Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Mini Vent
My major credit card compromised,,fraud-and police notified.
This has really freaked me out. The thing is I only used the card at local well known to me places.
My head is spinning as to how this could have happened. Thank-god I check my bank account frequently.
wow just wow.I feel like cancelling everything I have with banks.
Can this happen to other cards I have,,I mean nothing like this has ever happened to me,,I;m kind of lost here.
Mel

OMG! Sorry that you have such experience!! I would wonder about the same thing too!! Glad that you discovered it soon.

Thanks for posting the Rexall flyer. I almost got the Cold FX at full price using the $10 coupon. Now I am munching on the discounted dark chocolate coated almonds instead. Yum...

I did the Miss Fresh box and got my first order today. I'm super impressed with it so far.....even the packaging. My DH who says 'ya, it's ok' about EVERYTHING even said that the food looked good. It only took 20 minutes to make dinner and it was something very different from what we normally have. It really was like having dinner out. I might dress it up a little tomorrow and set the dining room table.

When I placed the order I went ahead and cancelled for the next two weeks. I wanted to try it first but also, I don't like what those menus offered. If tomorrows dinner is as good as tonight then I will probably continue to order, maybe every second week.

I did the Miss Fresh box and got my first order today. I'm super impressed with it so far.....even the packaging. My DH who says 'ya, it's ok' about EVERYTHING even said that the food looked good. It only took 20 minutes to make dinner and it was something very different from what we normally have. It really was like having dinner out. I might dress it up a little tomorrow and set the dining room table.

When I placed the order I went ahead and cancelled for the next two weeks. I wanted to try it first but also, I don't like what those menus offered. If tomorrows dinner is as good as tonight then I will probably continue to order, maybe every second week.

I liked trying the new recipes (tried the Vegetarian box) and will probably keep using it for as many promo credits I have left on my account... It was an easy 500AM considering I had been wanting to try one of these. However for me it's too expensive. I can pick out new recipes and buy ingredients for 3 vegetarian recipes for about $20 or $30. This week I made vegatarian chili taco salads and sweet potato mushroom tacos. :)

I liked trying the new recipes (tried the Vegetarian box) and will probably keep using it for as many promo credits I have left on my account... It was an easy 500AM considering I had been wanting to try one of these. However for me it's too expensive. I can pick out new recipes and buy ingredients for 3 vegetarian recipes for about $20 or $30. This week I made vegatarian chili taco salads and sweet potato mushroom tacos. :)
I do agree that it's pricey but I'm most definitely in a dinner rut. I make the same things all the time and it's not because we love them. I've got coupons at home for Hello Fresh and Good Food that will get me two weeks from each with $30 off per week. I have no idea why I kept them (they've been sitting around for at least 5 months) but I'm definitely going to use them now.

Last night we had chicken hummus tacos with kale salad. I can easily recreate this. It was so simple and the ingredients were pretty basic. The only thing that I would have to make an effort to find were sun dried tomatoes. I really like them but have never bought them....don't know why.

I just have to say that I'm very disappointed my loadable Am offers from Safeway. I got 5...that's it "5" and not even a threshold spending one either. And of course they are on things I don't regularly buy there. I seen a few things in the flyer that are a good price, not sure if I will make the spend 100 get 100 AM this week. ( This is for the west ) So I guess stupidstore will get my business this week and hopefully I can max out my offers from them this week.

Shell question from back in June. Maybe a bit earlier.

Shell had a 3x bonus miles that started June 4 and ended September 2nd. So that offer doesn't apply.

I have a Shell receipt dated June 1st and never received a base mile for it. However, my gas purchase, for some odd reason, was just under 25L. It was 24.612L.

Unless there's an offer going on where the minimum amount of gas is 25L, Shell gives out 1 base mile for 15L.

Does anyone know if there was a 25L minimum offer for June 1st? If not, I'd like to chat Air Miles up for my missing base mile.

EDITED TO ADD: I can't find an offer listed in my spreadsheet. And up until June 4, my husband and I were only filling our gas tanks to the minimum 15L for 1 base mile. There must not have been any 25L minimum offers until June 4. Unless someone else has it tracked differently on their spreadsheet?

Last edited:
*dances* just logged in and noticed... I am ONYX status! WOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO! *falls over, dizzy*

Good to hear that there is a Blue Friday at Safeway but I won't be shopping... I partook of some CO-OP shopping (bad me, I know!) while they were having a 10/$10 sale... couldn't resist $1 avocados, $3.79/lb extra lean ground beef, cheap KD, $2 jars of alfredo sauce, MICKEY waffles on sale LOL... now there is no room in the freezer, nor room in the budget :D

*dances* just logged in and noticed... I am ONYX status! WOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO! *falls over, dizzy*

Good to hear that there is a Blue Friday at Safeway but I won't be shopping... I partook of some CO-OP shopping (bad me, I know!) while they were having a 10/$10 sale... couldn't resist $1 avocados, $3.79/lb extra lean ground beef, cheap KD, $2 jars of alfredo sauce, MICKEY waffles on sale LOL... now there is no room in the freezer, nor room in the budget :D
I hope you didn't buy too many of those bargain avocados cause we all know this saga ...
upload_2018-9-19_17-42-21.jpeg

Wow. Ok. I think I was on chat for a good 45 minutes. Earlier this late afternoon/evening, I initiated two seperate chats for a missing Shell base mile on two different receipts. No problem.

Then, just now, I initiated a chat to explain that I had purchased 4 cokes (each their own transacation on their own receipt) on May 5th. Only 1 receipt showed the 25 bonus miles, the other 3 did not and did not post. I was putting a claim in for the missing 75 miles. I stressed that all the other times I received the bonus miles no problem. Just that one day gave me difficulty. I'm not sure why, but she had me repeat the same thing over-and-over. She wanted to know WHICH dates I purchased coke and how many cokes those days. At which point I gave her the info and advised her the e-mail terms & conditions do not state a limit beyond 5 transactions PER DAY. Sigh... Right at the beginning of the conversation I offered to e-mail photos of the receipts as well! Seriously... 45 minutes?! I got the miles however. I ended up saving the entire chat just in case..

I wonder how long I'll be on chat come October 2nd when I put a claim in for my missing Shell gas bonus miles.
Promo ran June 4 to Sept 2nd. I have 12 receipts owing me 36 miles. My husband has 14 reciepts owing him 42 miles.

I agree with you, I hate it when AM can't get it right and award us the hard earned AM we deserve. But... keep in mind just how many $$ you're fighting for when you do an online chat. Is it worth the time involved. If it's the principle (at all cost) go for it. Just don't get caught up in "I've got to get my miles".

Recently I've been looking at missing miles this way in trying to decide if I'm going to follow up or write them off. When I shop at a store (not an AM sponsor) and I notice an error, I won't go back and have them correct it unless it's over $5-10 (depends on the store and amount I spent).

I agree with you, I hate it when AM can't get it right and award us the hard earned AM we deserve. But... keep in mind just how many $$ you're fighting for when you do an online chat. Is it worth the time involved. If it's the principle (at all cost) go for it. Just don't get caught up in "I've got to get my miles".

Recently I've been looking at missing miles this way in trying to decide if I'm going to follow up or write them off. When I shop at a store (not an AM sponsor) and I notice an error, I won't go back and have them correct it unless it's over $5-10 (depends on the store and amount I spent).

What about just send them an email? I sent them an email to chase my 150 AM from Sobeys and got the AM within two days. I did send them the direct links to the coupon and flyer (thanks to Jacqueline). Rather than letting the insignificant miles go or wasting valuable time on live chat, let destiny play its course. I will scan the receipts and save the scans to Dropbox then attach a link to the scans in the email. I too do not want to waste time on chasing miles but it’s hard to let go of those hard earned legitimate AM. I will probably have to do this to chase the L’Occitane AM from the Pack to School Airmilesshop.ca bonus offer.

I hear what you're saying. Sometimes I let miles go but most of the time I won't. Especially right now when I'm SO CLOSE to the amount of miles I need. I need 19,200 air miles (16,200 for 4 Universal Studio tickets and 3,000 for 4 Blue Man Group tickets). I have 16,733 miles and am owed another 2,292 miles, taking up until January 2019 to post. I need those pending miles plus another 175 miles. THEN I need to build extra miles up as the cost of Universal Studio tickets will probably increase by the time I can order them and be within their 9 month expiry date. Oh wait.. no longer a 9 months. They now have specific dates. Currently expires wayy before our trip.

What about just send them an email? I sent them an email to chase my 150 AM from Sobeys and got the AM within two days. I did send them the direct links to the coupon and flyer (thanks to Jacqueline). Rather than letting the insignificant miles go or wasting valuable time on live chat, let destiny play its course. I will scan the receipts and save the scans to Dropbox then attach a link to the scans in the email. I too do not want to waste time on chasing miles but it’s hard to let go of those hard earned legitimate AM. I will probably have to do this to chase the L’Occitane AM from the Pack to School Airmilesshop.ca bonus offer.

I can e-mail Air Miles about missing miles? That's an awesome system you have. I love the idea of scanning the receipts and putting them in Dropbox for Air Miles to look at. Thanks!! I'll give that a try with those Shell receipts in October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter