Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Only 300 air miles posted on our main card, but 1000 posted on the secondary (promo) card. I did the five shops the main card on August 7, and they all show as posted on August 7. I did the 5 shops on the other card throughout the promo period. I'm thinking their glitch has something to do with the start date.

I did an online 'chat' with "Sarah" at Air Miles, she said that while it shows that I certainly did earn the 1000 air miles, I would have to chat back next week to get the 700 missing miles, as they don't have the 'code' to do adjustments yet. I asked her specifically when I could do the chat back, and she told me Wednesday. I also told her that this is the third promotion that I have had to track down air miles that I earned and 'somehow' didn't get properly. I maaaay have told her that Air Miles needs to get their poop in a group when they have these promos. I told her that posting some air miles, and not having the ability to fix their own mistakes right away is just wrong. And frustrating.

Sarah thanked me for my patience and told me to have a great weekend. $^&&*)^&$ :badpc:

Got 0 for the online shopping promo. Very mad about that. Will do a chat but not hopeful.

Also got 440 for my blue friday shopping. No bear paw crackers or coffee in stock. So I got some extra mug cakes instead. And we have way too much KD in the house now.

I got 100 and I was mad as well. I felt like up 729am Blue Friday, -900am Back to School. If the livechat rep would have said "We messed up, the system didn't run correctly and we are doing our best to fix it this weekend", I'd be totally ok with that. Instead I got, submit for missing miles through "Missing Miles" if you don't have them next Friday.

I got 100 and I was mad as well. I felt like up 729am Blue Friday, -900am Back to School. If the livechat rep would have said "We messed up, the system didn't run correctly and we are doing our best to fix it this weekend", I'd be totally ok with that. Instead I got, submit for missing miles through "Missing Miles" if you don't have them next Friday.

My chat went a little better than that, I can chat again Wednesday and they will have the "code" to fix it. I was also told that it was a technical glitch they are working on. She confirmed she could see all 5 transactions and says it's because 3 I had to do the missing miles to get. The whole things has me upset, it's been a long rough day (with phone calls from school) and now I have 6 boxes of mug cakes calling me to the kitchen. We tried a stuffed crust frozen pizza tonight and it was really good. It did not have airmiles though :)

My chat went a little better than that, I can chat again Wednesday and they will have the "code" to fix it. I was also told that it was a technical glitch they are working on. She confirmed she could see all 5 transactions and says it's because 3 I had to do the missing miles to get. The whole things has me upset, it's been a long rough day (with phone calls from school) and now I have 6 boxes of mug cakes calling me to the kitchen. We tried a stuffed crust frozen pizza tonight and it was really good. It did not have airmiles though :)

Hi Hon
I am glad Chat went ok.
Honest to goodness sometimes I think "Mom" should just be able to say I am taking a time out and PLEASE send me to my bedroom!
Tonight my sons wanted to know if I would take them to McDonalds ////AH I just spent 240.00 on groceries and they want to go to McDonalds?
I must have looked like this cause no one has attempted to come near me in an hour....lol

StressedOUT.jpg

Hugs to you and have a peaceful weekend rest!

Mel

Got 0 for the online shopping promo. Very mad about that. Will do a chat but not hopeful.

Also got 440 for my blue friday shopping. No bear paw crackers or coffee in stock. So I got some extra mug cakes instead. And we have way too much KD in the house now.

Sorry, I got the last 3 (Bear paw crackers) on the shelf around 10am.

But it's Mchappy monopoly time and they want to play.

We love monopoly time. But never win more than a cheeseburger or fries! Still fun to play I guess?

Sorry, I got the last 3 (Bear paw crackers) on the shelf around 10am.

We did find two boxes hidden at the back of the bottom row which I bought because kiddo loves them, and I had coupons so it was only 67 cents a box. But man I wished there was at least one more box! Oh well. They might last a week. He loves his crackers.

And I had a brownie mug cake with caramel on it. Mmm mmm. but I burnt my tongue lol.

I posted this in the other thread but realized it was in the wrong spot.. we ended up doing Blue Friday afterall.

Dh and I went over the flyer this evening and realized we could get a $100 spend pretty easily and still come out ahead. For example the cat litter was $7.99. I usually get it for $6.99 on sale. So I’m paying $4 more than usual on the four I have to buy. However with the 70 bonus airmlies I was still coming out $3 ahead, plus it qualifies towards the $100 Spend. My protein cereal was on for $3.99 which is a way better price than usual (usually over $5) so I just bought the 5 boxes for the bonus and I’m set for cereal until spring:rotfl:. We bought four bags of Doritos. Did we need them? No. But we would have bought chips or some kind of snacks over the next month when the kids have friends over or for movie night, so I just got the four bags and snacks are pre bought.

Long story short, Spent about $120, and earned 405 airmiles. Not too bad.

My first Blue Friday was pretty satisfying! Spent $102.58 got 420 AM. The 20 boxes of Draft Dinner can be donated to food drive at school. Stuffed my fridge freezer with the extra 12 boxes of Healthy Choice entrees and 4 bags of white shrimps. My threshold bonus is a pathetic 35 AM for spending $140. I am totally fine for skipping that offer! Happy hunting everyone!!

Blue Friday was ok for me. Spend $239.74 in two transactions and got 707 AM. My store didn’t have the pasta sauce (it’s expensive but I like it) or any mug cakes other than chocolate (I still got them because my dd always asks for them and I say no). Got Kd & beans and will donate to the food hampers coming up next month for Christmas with school & daycare. It does seem prices have gone up on some o the offers and AM have gone down. Hopefully that trend doesn’t continue.

I spent 103.42 at Foodland for 200 miles and 150 at Sobeys for 315 airmiles. My Sobeys didn't have the Tide pods buy 2 get 100 miles but I got a rain check for the bonus miles and they didn't have the buy 3 get 15 airmiles for the Bear Paw crackers but they gave me a rain check for them as well.
I helped out a lady ahead of me at the Foodland by telling her about the spend $100 get 100 - she ended up buying 8 coffee crisp bars to get to the 100 but she said she would have a happy husband. She was at $95 but that included the tax so we had to get her over the 100 before tax and we did.

I found myself educating a woman in the KD aisle this morning as well. She had KD and beans so I knew she was collecting AM. She was asking a store clerk if a GC would count towards her $100 spend. I told her no. She didn't believe me so I pointed to the terms and conditions on the coupon. She then asked another clerk if she could do more than one batch of KD and more than one batch of beans. I told her no problem but she had to wait for word from the head cashier. Rookies, when will they learn. (just kidding!)

Not my best Sobeys Blue Friday but not my worst! Got just around 300AM for $113 spent on one of the $150 GCs from a few weeks ago. I ended up doing the Kraft Dinner for $20 and will donate almost all of them to the foodbank.

Husband and I have decided we need to get back on healthy eating! So we did NOT get bacon or Doritos :(

Frank's Red Hot sauce - got one of each flavour they had - will be really good on grilled chicken and eggs! :)

Aylmer tomatoes - got 8 cans of the regular diced tomatoes or crushed tomatoes, and grabbed one of the spicy red peper tomatoes and the garlic & olive oil tomatoes too to try out. Will be great for chili and soups all winter!

Now I just need to buy only healthy food so the MyOffers I get are always things we can still eat. Haha

I did want to say as well - I only got to Sobeys Terry Fox around 6pm and they had very good stock of almost everything. I was considering getting the Vitaminwater but they didn't have any of the 0 calorie flavours so I passed. That looks like the only thing not well stocked.

Sorry to hear if other stores were not well prepared!

So, someone on that air miles Facebook page told me that she was also missing 700 air miles from the Back to School promo, so she sent a Facebook message to Air Miles about it and they gave her the missing air miles. she told me to try it, so I did.

I sent a Facebook message, told them that I was not happy about the missing 700 air miles. They got back to me, asked for my air miles acct number, the receipts and the dates of the 5 qualifying purchases. I told her I didn’t have the receipts on me, but she just needed to check my account to see the purchases. I also gave her the store names, the dates of the purchases, and the before tax amount spent at each store. It took about an hour, they messaged me back and said that my account had been credited with the missing airmiles! Made my night!

I did want to say as well - I only got to Sobeys Terry Fox around 6pm and they had very good stock of almost everything. I was considering getting the Vitaminwater but they didn't have any of the 0 calorie flavours so I passed. That looks like the only thing not well stocked.

Sorry to hear if other stores were not well prepared!

They likely just got cleaned out of it early in the day. When I was shopping I couldn't believe the quantities of things I saw in peoples shopping carts. You'd almost think they were stocking up for the zombie apocalypse (a little halloween humour there).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter