Airmiles Armchair Chatter

BTW....I just came back from Marlin and booked a trip to Cuba :banana: We leave on the 24th....so no Christmas drama for me :banana::banana::banana:

I went in yesterday to book and while there DH texts me and says his co-worker was there last Christmas and it was cold then my agent says the weather is iffy. I went home deflated after spending every spare minute for the last two weeks looking at this stuff and trying to justify the stupid price tag (as in 50-60% more than usual). Got home, my DD says....they don't have snow in Cuba and even if it's cold we can drink all day long for 7 straight days. You gotta love 19yo logic. So I checked the weather forecast which is 79-83 for the next 3 weeks and asked for input from a FB group for the resort. I think it is a reasonable chance of it being hot....so I pulled the trigger. Used my $1000 in AM vouchers and discovered that the price had dropped since yesterday. My OOP is not so bad in the end and I'M GETTING OUT OF CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

BTW....I just came back from Marlin and booked a trip to Cuba :banana: We leave on the 24th....so no Christmas drama for me :banana::banana::banana:

I went in yesterday to book and while there DH texts me and says his co-worker was there last Christmas and it was cold then my agent says the weather is iffy. I went home deflated after spending every spare minute for the last two weeks looking at this stuff and trying to justify the stupid price tag (as in 50-60% more than usual). Got home, my DD says....they don't have snow in Cuba and even if it's cold we can drink all day long for 7 straight days. You gotta love 19yo logic. So I checked the weather forecast which is 79-83 for the next 3 weeks and asked for input from a FB group for the resort. I think it is a reasonable chance of it being hot....so I pulled the trigger. Used my $1000 in AM vouchers and discovered that the price had dropped since yesterday. My OOP is not so bad in the end and I'M GETTING OUT OF CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

I'm 46 and I love your daughter's logic.

Have fun!!!

New:Airmiles Event Exclusive
Disney On Ice! Presents Mickey's Search Party - Tickets for Two (2) - Montréal, QC

Disney On Ice presents Mickey’s Search Party brings the magic closer to fans than ever before through dynamic and immersive moments that take place on the ice, in the air and in the seats. Produced by Feld Entertainment Inc., the worldwide leader in live touring family entertainment, Disney On Ice is once again elevating the ice show experience with brand-new engaging elements that will fascinate both newcomers and seasoned guests alike. Joined by Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, live hosts will enliven the performance space by welcoming everyone into the magical world of Disney On Ice.

As Miguel from Disney-Pixar’s Coco crosses the marigold bridge, he finds himself in the magnificent and mystical Land of the Dead. In this culturally rich, vibrantly colorful performance, skeletons atop sway poles swing back and forth over the audience in a dazzling display perfectly suited to this exciting and beautiful celebration of family.

From 500 reward miles
2 tickets
disney-ice-search-en.jpg

Hugs
Mel

Rexall's ONE DAY ONLY bonus offer Thursday Dec 13th
To play this game for maximum miles for your buck follow these tips:

1. BOTH bar codes MUST be scanned, neither can be loaded to your card
  2. Politely ask the cashier to simply scan all coupons you have, let the system work it out.
  3. Coupons can be either printed or shown on a mobile device
  4. Since the offers are almost identical, be really careful that you get 2 different codes scanned
  5. You can still use the StB coupon for the extra miles even if you've already used it and don't need it to count towards your 7 offers
  6. If a coupon has trouble scanning from your phone try turning up the brightness and zooming in so the bar code is larger
First coupon has the bar code 417000050797
Direct link to this offer:
Spend $50 get 100 AM
Copy of the coupon if you'd rather that
upload_2018-12-12_18-25-56.png

Second coupon has the bar code 417000050780
Direct link to this offer:
Spend $50 get 100 AM
Copy of the coupon if you'd rather that
upload_2018-12-12_18-29-52.png

Last edited:
DS got 155AM on his account today with Bonus Air Miles. It's from Airmiles directly but I also have no idea what it's for. Anyone with ideas?

DS got 155AM on his account today with Bonus Air Miles. It's from Airmiles directly but I also have no idea what it's for. Anyone with ideas?
Someone on FB suggested it was from the offer from October where if you got so many AM's you would get a AM bonus. I know mine was a ridiculous amount so I didn't even try. Then the STB AM;s posted in October and that took me over what I needed to collect so they could be right. Maybe that explains yours as well?

Someone on FB suggested it was from the offer from October where if you got so many AM's you would get a AM bonus. I know mine was a ridiculous amount so I didn't even try. Then the STB AM;s posted in October and that took me over what I needed to collect so they could be right. Maybe that explains yours as well?

This makes sense. I have the email that says opt in and earn 600 miles and get 300 AM. I opted in but was pretty sure I wouldn’t make it as we missed Blue Friday that month. But you’re right, the Back to School promo miles posted so I guess I made it. (Although I thought it would have to be earned through partners, not bonuses from big promo’s- but I’ll take it!

Last edited:
Getting to update my signature bit by little bit.... yay for every percentage point!

Oh, I like that - and you're getting close! I just figured out this week that to get everything I want for our 2020 trip (flights, disney tickets, universal tickets and blue man group, I need 52000 airmiles! I should give myself a running percentage, even if it's not in a signature!

At least I’m not alone so it’s probably normal. I made a custom ticket for my daughter with the photo used for the tour and basic show info. If you’re interested, I can send by pm what I did and if you want one similar, just give me the basic info you need on yours. I’ll be happy to send you one!
Check your email, ours just came in.
Now since there is still some available in Montreal maybe they are waiting till there sold and then assign the seats. Not sure how many seats were at each venue.
Face value on the TO were 175 each, so at 3000AM not a bad deal. Plus we got them and did not have to go with resale good luck with that.

I did Rexall tonight too. Not my best adventure. The coupons stacked no problem and the cashier scanned them without even batting an eye. When I got to the car I checked my bill for the second time and noticed that I was short 20 miles. I went back and things went a little sideways, I explained it once, twice, three times and got some huffing from the child cashier(she was not the original cashier). She then gives me 17 miles instead of the 20 I was owed....she points out that I already got the other 3. Ummm...NO. The 3 were the base miles on my $64 purchase. She huffed a bit more and gave me the 3. I imagine she was rolling her eyes too.

I've never had any issues in this store. The staff is usually really nice....but I usually go a little earlier, so maybe it's day shift VS night shift.

Anyway, stupid me miscalculated and I ended up spending $64...not sure what happened to my math skills. Earned 243.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!