Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I cashed in 95 cash airmiles for $10.00 spend at Sobeys--picked up some meat and shredded cheese.(Tacos for dinner).
I am ok using the cash airmiles as I have a fair stock pile of Starbucks G.C. right now and can use the 95 dream airmiles.
It seems like it is taking me forever to get to my airmiles goal of a new computer,,,I sure hope this one last until then.:surfweb:

Hugs
Mel

Stopped at Sobeys to get a gift card and some groceries, I wasn't paying attention and spend $84.23 before tax. My loaded offer was spend $85 get 20 bonus miles, so I'm annoyed with myself over that. I blame the cashier and the other one who decided to come help him put stuff in the bags, they were not doing a good job and it was distracting. Oh well. Not the end of the world, but I could have bought a chocolate bar or something :)

I just used my flash offer (I received Foodland on my secondary card, Metro on my main card) at Metro for the Fresh to Go pizza. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention because I didn't know it was baked in store on request. Thinking back to an earlier post I'm sure I read that somewhere, it just didn't register. Its meant for dinner but I have a pizza stone I can warm it up on so no biggie.
Anyways, used the 95 AM's and the MM coupon. The MM coupon 25 AM's shows on the receipt so that worked! Glad I won't have to chase that down. Now, I'll just wait for the 95 extra AM's to post.

th

So remember those rain checks for the pasta at Sobeys? $2 each, buy 2 get 50 AM. I just went in to see if they had enough and to use my DD's 95 cash miles deal. Well, they had the pasta finally. Then there was a 75 cent coupon on the shelf for each one and there was an instore offer of get 5 AM with every 2 purchased. The total came to $20 even. I meant to redeem 190 miles for the $20 but $10 is what came out of my mouth. So in the end I spent $10, donated 8 pastas, brought 8 home and earned 441 miles.

The miles did not credit at the cash so the cashier apologized and sent me to customer service. That cashier was not at all pleased about having to give me the miles....now, she was very nice about all of it but she really questioned me on it. In the end she also apologized and said she was just trying to make sure that what she was doing was correct, which I completely understand. She then asked me what the big deal is with Air Miles. We chatted for a bit about it and I tried to bring her over to the dark side....not sure it worked though.

I hope no one minds me posting this question here...it has to do with redeeming dream AMs for a car rental. I was noticing on the website that for some reason, Budget car rental requires significantly fewer miles than the other rental companies and I wanted to know if anyone on here has either rented from them or through the other rental companies using their dream miles. At first glance, I was thinking that I should go for the Budget deal (especially since you can also get miles for redeeming) but then I started thinking that maybe there was some undesirable reason as to why Budget is cheaper. I mean, they are called "Budget" but is there a catch?

I hope no one minds me posting this question here...it has to do with redeeming dream AMs for a car rental. I was noticing on the website that for some reason, Budget car rental requires significantly fewer miles than the other rental companies and I wanted to know if anyone on here has either rented from them or through the other rental companies using their dream miles. At first glance, I was thinking that I should go for the Budget deal (especially since you can also get miles for redeeming) but then I started thinking that maybe there was some undesirable reason as to why Budget is cheaper. I mean, they are called "Budget" but is there a catch?

This is the perfect place to post your question! We talk about any and all things AM related here, not just how to earn them!!! We use our miles for car rentals A LOT! Basically anytime we fly somewhere and we'll need a car we use miles for the car because it tends to be a great value. I ALWAYS go with whichever company is cheapest, i don't care what the company name is. Most companies even share a desk at the airports and the vehicles are identical! We rented thru Budget in September when we went to the Soo because all the companies were the same cost but they gave us back 100 miles due to a big promo going on and when we got into the car noticed the sticker was for National :eek: There is absolutely no reason to shy away from them because of their name. Only caveat i would give you is choose exactly the category you want, don't cheap out because they will really stick it to you if you decide to upgrade at the desk. Also be sure to bring a copy of your email stating the full price, once we forgot and they tried to charge us the full walk-up rate stating we only had a reservation but hadn't paid, luckily we called Airmiles and they resent the confirmation that we showed to the agent who suddenly "found" our proper papework

Oh, forgot to say I have another week of spend $25 get 50AM at Rexall on the app... so for the third week I'll be popping in there to pick up something, Monday to Thursday. At least it's super close to work! I guess that's the threshold for me to shop there lol, any bigger spends and I tend to forget it.

I've rented from Budget as well as all the others and have had not a single issue with Budget. The amount of miles to redeem is based on current prices. It has nothing to do with quality of the vehicle or the company. Personally, I prefer Alamo when renting from MCO for two reasons....1. I always book an econo and almost always end up with at least a 1 car, if not 2 car class upgrade for free. 2. I like to pick my own car and at MCO they have a wide variety.

If you rent from a company that assigns cars and you get to the garage and don't like the one they gave you all you have to do is go back to counter and ask for something else. At an airport location they will have lots. No matter who you rent from make sure you know all the ins and outs...things like, transponders or second driver rules.

I just used my flash offer (I received Foodland on my secondary card, Metro on my main card) at Metro for the Fresh to Go pizza. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention because I didn't know it was baked in store on request. Thinking back to an earlier post I'm sure I read that somewhere, it just didn't register. Its meant for dinner but I have a pizza stone I can warm it up on so no biggie.
Anyways, used the 95 AM's and the MM coupon. The MM coupon 25 AM's shows on the receipt so that worked! Glad I won't have to chase that down. Now, I'll just wait for the 95 extra AM's to post.
Yes, I was disappointed in the heat of the pizza that I bought today. We did heat it up, though, and put the leftovers in the freezer. Good for the ones who visit on the weekend. :rolleyes1 Used my Metro spend 95 AM and paid less than $6, so I'm definitely not complaining.

Neither of our cards got the flash offer to use cash miles .. but then again there aren't many in our accounts :P I only ever have enough to do 1 or 2 coupons for the promos. Rexall LnG is continuing to annoy me with the exact same offers every single time, how many times do they think I need to buy TWO bottles of Tylenol Arthritis (100 caplets in a bottle!!), 100 Benadryl, Band-aids, toothpaste (and we're talking the stuff that's over $6 a tube here!), tweezers and other random things I've never even bought once:confused3 My threshold remains at spend $60 get 60 and that's hard to reach more than twice a month.

Neither of our cards got the flash offer to use cash miles .. but then again there aren't many in our accounts :P I only ever have enough to do 1 or 2 coupons for the promos. Rexall LnG is continuing to annoy me with the exact same offers every single time, how many times do they think I need to buy TWO bottles of Tylenol Arthritis (100 caplets in a bottle!!), 100 Benadryl, Band-aids, toothpaste (and we're talking the stuff that's over $6 a tube here!), tweezers and other random things I've never even bought once:confused3 My threshold remains at spend $60 get 60 and that's hard to reach more than twice a month.
With no Rexall near me, and those same sort of offers to me, I haven't looked at my load n go in months. Not worth a trip for this household.

So I just got back from using airmiles at foodland. She said she scanned the mega miles coupon but there is no notation or miles posted for the bonus 20 when you spend 60$. Is this usual not to have the bonus on your receipt? Also they could not get my 10$ redemption (for the bonus email 95) points to go through. Kept coming up “0096 host unavailable, rewards limited”
The cashiers said it was likely an airmiles issue. Any others have a problem this afternoon at foodland. Or ever?

I did Walmart grocery pickup this week (free if you are ordering $50+ worth of grocery items!) and I swear I had eggs in my cart but alas we came home and realized no eggs.

Good thing is now I have an excuse to go to Sobeys tomorrow and do the $150 gc offer, then buy eggs. My AM card has 30% off of a dozen eggs & my husbands AM card has 25% off of a dozen eggs. Woohoo.

So I just got back from using airmiles at foodland. She said she scanned the mega miles coupon but there is no notation or miles posted for the bonus 20 when you spend 60$. Is this usual not to have the bonus on your receipt? Also they could not get my 10$ redemption (for the bonus email 95) points to go through. Kept coming up “0096 host unavailable, rewards limited”
The cashiers said it was likely an airmiles issue. Any others have a problem this afternoon at foodland. Or ever?

I haven't done the Foodland MM but if I'm remembering correctly from last year it doesn't put the 20 bonus air miles on the receipt. You get them later though. However, the receipt should show PLU and a number somewhere on the receipt. That indicates the promo coupon went through. At least last year anyways.

I used the $10 redeemption yesterday at Foodland and mine worked. However, it would not work when the Cashier tried to punch in my number when I showed it to her on the APP. A Manager had to come over and fix it. She said the physical card had to be scanned. Would that have been the issue for you?

This is the perfect place to post your question! We talk about any and all things AM related here, not just how to earn them!!! We use our miles for car rentals A LOT! Basically anytime we fly somewhere and we'll need a car we use miles for the car because it tends to be a great value. I ALWAYS go with whichever company is cheapest, i don't care what the company name is. Most companies even share a desk at the airports and the vehicles are identical! We rented thru Budget in September when we went to the Soo because all the companies were the same cost but they gave us back 100 miles due to a big promo going on and when we got into the car noticed the sticker was for National :eek: There is absolutely no reason to shy away from them because of their name. Only caveat i would give you is choose exactly the category you want, don't cheap out because they will really stick it to you if you decide to upgrade at the desk. Also be sure to bring a copy of your email stating the full price, once we forgot and they tried to charge us the full walk-up rate stating we only had a reservation but hadn't paid, luckily we called Airmiles and they resent the confirmation that we showed to the agent who suddenly "found" our proper papework

I've rented from Budget as well as all the others and have had not a single issue with Budget. The amount of miles to redeem is based on current prices. It has nothing to do with quality of the vehicle or the company. Personally, I prefer Alamo when renting from MCO for two reasons....1. I always book an econo and almost always end up with at least a 1 car, if not 2 car class upgrade for free. 2. I like to pick my own car and at MCO they have a wide variety.

If you rent from a company that assigns cars and you get to the garage and don't like the one they gave you all you have to do is go back to counter and ask for something else. At an airport location they will have lots. No matter who you rent from make sure you know all the ins and outs...things like, transponders or second driver rules.

Thanks very much to you both for your replies! We are heading to Disney early May so I should probably get the rental booked. It's funny because the last time we flew to Orlando, I paid to rent a vehicle and we got to MCO so late due to a delayed flight that the company we rented from (I can't recall who at the moment) only had minivans left so that worked out quite well for us. I will definitely not cheap out on choosing the category of vehicle but I'm trying to figure out which to choose as the number of bags that they claim the vehicles accommodate doesn't always seem to jive with the size of the vehicle. There are only three of us travelling so as long as there is an option to fold down the back seat to accommodate more trunk room, I'm hoping we should be fine. Thanks again!! :)

My FIL was trying to do the redemption at Metro this afternoon and they tried 3 times and it kept failing. Maybe the issue was widespread at the Airmiles end of things as opposed to being a problem with Foodland specifically.

I did two different cards at Sobeys this morning and they worked.

I haven't done the Foodland MM but if I'm remembering correctly from last year it doesn't put the 20 bonus air miles on the receipt. You get them later though. However, the receipt should show PLU and a number somewhere on the receipt. That indicates the promo coupon went through. At least last year anyways.

I used the $10 redeemption yesterday at Foodland and mine worked. However, it would not work when the Cashier tried to punch in my number when I showed it to her on the APP. A Manager had to come over and fix it. She said the physical card had to be scanned. Would that have been the issue for you?
No I gave her the physical card. However I am worried about not seeing a PLU and a number. I gave her my coupon and she said she already scanned one and gave it back to me although I didn’t notice if she scanned anything (I was busy trying to figure out my redemption dilemma). I will be really po’d if that doesn’t go through either as I Only shop at foodland for these bonuses.

My FIL was trying to do the redemption at Metro this afternoon and they tried 3 times and it kept failing. Maybe the issue was widespread at the Airmiles end of things as opposed to being a problem with Foodland specifically.

I did two different cards at Sobeys this morning and they worked.

I did a redemption on my card at Sobeys with no issue, but tried to do it on my husband’s card immediately after, and it wouldn’t work. I didn’t complain too much, because the cashier I had used earlier to buy my 2 $150 GC (one for each of my and DH cards) let me buy the second GC with the first one I bought. I figured I’d already received 150 “free” AM.

I have three IGA’s within a short drive from my house. My experience with redeeming airmiles at IGA is that they cannot do it by simply entering the number. They need the physical card OR the cashier needs to have a hand scanner (newer or upgraded store) and use that to scan the digital card off the phone. Only one of the three IGA’s around me is equipped to do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter